don't assume that KC's offense...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luvdembroncs
    I can think of at least 3 games in which Hall pulled your butts off the fire. He will not be able to do that this year. Everyone knows what to expect now. Without that edge you lost those 3 games easy.

You knew that after the fist game he played and couldn't stop him.....Blame it on a referee ?..... Thats the same set of refs. that let the donkey O-line hold on every play. Shanny just crys better, LOL. He's a lot like Coach K from Duke. If you cant win blame it on the Refs....................
    To the real Bronco fans Good Luck on the 12th! To the rest of you so called fans, I'll wave as I drive by the flea market.

Comment

Originally posted by AFCWestBest
      You knew that after the fist game he played and couldn't stop him.....Blame it on a referee ?..... Thats the same set of refs. that let the donkey O-line hold on every play. Shanny just crys better, LOL. He's a lot like Coach K from Duke. If you cant win blame it on the Refs....................
      To the real Bronco fans Good Luck on the 12th! To the rest of you so called fans, I'll wave as I drive by the flea market.
      wow you are ignorant, the chiefs block from the back on almost everyone of those TD returns, , its unbelievable you think otherwise, either you are naive, or just covering it up to make it look like you have a good argument, oh and shanny crying, talk about LOOK WHOS TALKING I DIOT!, and our o line gets called for holding alot, unlike yours who gets a free pass on those chop blocking routines of yours.
      Blet

Comment

Originally posted by baileyforprez.
        wow you are ignorant, the chiefs block from the back on almost everyone of those TD returns, , its unbelievable you think otherwise, either you are naive, or just covering it up to make it look like you have a good argument, oh and shanny crying, talk about LOOK WHOS TALKING I DIOT!, and our o line gets called for holding alot, unlike yours who gets a free pass on those chop blocking routines of yours.

KC didn't get hit by the NFL for chop blocking the last 2 years.
        You have a #66 and #62 that are very tallented at chop blocking. Look it up. Or better yet ask these guys....

http://www.fan950.com/home/jock04.html

Comment

Originally posted by AFCWestBest
          KC didn't get hit by the NFL for chop blocking the last 2 years.
          You have a #66 and #62 that are very tallented at chop blocking. Look it up. Or better yet ask these guys....

http://www.fan950.com/home/jock04.html
          who's #66????

please, the chiefs have the best OL, no one questioned Den in 97/98 when they did.

Comment

Originally posted by OBF
            Here is someone else who thinks the same

Sportswriter who thinks Denver will win the division

Exerpt:

Denver: 11-5
            KC: 10-6

However he does point out that both will be playoff teams. So, both teams have some holes, but both are still pretty good. I am not going to be a homer and say that Denver will be 16-0, but KC03 you need to stop being a homer yourself. Admit it that your defense sucjs and that losing your Wr's will hurt your O. I am willing to admit that are O is a little suspect and losing MA hurts! I guess we will all be proven right are wrong in a few months! GO BRONCOS!!!
            I'll admit that the defense is unproven, we had a terrible scheme last year. I mean, the plays that were called and the lack of agressiveness was sickening. I also don't buy that the players are no good because we still have some of the same players from Gun's last stop here.

No, our offense will not struggle because of injuries to Marc Boerighter and Johnnie Morton. The combined for 66 catches last year...we are not based on WR's like the Rams were when they lit the NFL up in scoring.

KC is based off execution, running the FB, and play action passing.

Comment

Originally posted by KC03
              who's #66????

please, the chiefs have the best OL, no one questioned Den in 97/98 when they did.
              The Chiefs definitely had arguably the best overall offensive line the past couple of years. There might be a little dropoff with Tait moving on but your O-line will still be a major strength.

Luckily, the Chiefs' receiving corps is less than intimidating or your offense would be nearly unstoppable. As it is, Green is accurate enough to keep those average receivers productive. People get down on the Chiefs' offense for not having decent receivers but when your tight end and running back are that effective I don't really see the problem.

Barring injuries or maybe old age creeping in, I don't see the Chiefs' offensive output declining too much this year. Broncos fans should take the Chiefs' offense seriously and realize that this is a tough way to open the season.

The Broncos can win our opening game but so can the Chiefs; it's not a gimme for either team. There are many intriguing matchups and various questions about our teams that will be answered in a hurry. Damn, this is an exciting way to open the season but it will suck for the whoever loses.
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

who's #66????

Actually, i think Green Bay has the best OL in the NFL. Their linemen, if I read it right, have been together for 4 years. They're pretty good.

Comment

I think it will be a good game (it may actually come down to the last possession of the game). I agree with Javalon that it isn't a gimme for either team. I think whoever loses better win in week 2 otherwise they may be in trouble because the players won't have any confidence in their team or in themself.
                  Last edited by brom66an6; 09-02-2004, 10:28 AM.
                  Smith's First Catch
                  "It was Sept. 17, 1995, and as the clock ticked down to 0:00 in the game against Washington at Mile High Stadium, Smith outleaped the great Darrell Green to catch the game-winning touchdown pass from Elway."

Comment

Originally posted by brom66an6
                    I think it will be a good game (it may actually come down to the last possession of the game). I agree with Javalon that it isn't a gimme for either team. I think whoever loses better win in week 2 otherwise they will be in trouble because the players won't have any confidence in their team or in themself.
                    You don't lose confidence in playing one game. If the Chiefs do win and it would be by fluke, (Look up Mike Shanahan's record or for that matter Denver Broncos record for wins on opening day compared to losses at HOME) then the Broncos will rebound, as so would the Chiefs. Chiefs have the offense to bounce back and Denver has the defense. (Not a bad offense, but not quite as strong as before in my opinon).

One game does not make a season, it will neither make or break either team.
                    Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

I'll admit that the defense is unproven, we had a terrible scheme last year. I mean, the plays that were called and the lack of agressiveness was sickening. I also don't buy that the players are no good because we still have some of the same players from Gun's last stop here.

No, our offense will not struggle because of injuries to Marc Boerighter and Johnnie Morton. The combined for 66 catches last year...we are not based on WR's like the Rams were when they lit the NFL up in scoring.

KC is based off execution, running the FB, and play action passing.
                      I am glad you finally found the QUOTE button. It was getting annoying to figure out what you were posting and the other person you were "quoting" was saying.

Anyway, any offense even the Chiefs are going to need to have wide receivers to keep a defense honest. If the Chiefs did not have any wide receivers, we would just put CHAMP on Tony G. and see how many catches he could make and stack the line so Priest could not find any holes to go through.

Try to make sense... 66 catches is 66 catches and you are forgetting the catches Eddie (the loser) Kennison made.
                      Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
                        You don't lose confidence in playing one game. If the Chiefs do win and it would be by fluke, (Look up Mike Shanahan's record or for that matter Denver Broncos record for wins on opening day compared to losses at HOME) then the Broncos will rebound, as so would the Chiefs. Chiefs have the offense to bounce back and Denver has the defense. (Not a bad offense, but not quite as strong as before in my opinon).

One game does not make a season, it will neither make or break either team.
                        I didn't say they will lose confidence after week 1, I said they better win in week 2 or else they may lose some confidence.
                        Smith's First Catch
                        "It was Sept. 17, 1995, and as the clock ticked down to 0:00 in the game against Washington at Mile High Stadium, Smith outleaped the great Darrell Green to catch the game-winning touchdown pass from Elway."

Comment

If I were KC I would up my insurance on Priest Holmes. Lets take a look back at the backs who were super studs and led the league? In Reverse Order
                          M. Faulk
                          Terrel Davis
                          Emmit Smith

Got take a look at there stats-After so much use you start to loose a step or worse. You have worn your war horse out. I hope Larry Johnson is all you hoped he'd be because by midseason he is starting.

How many more years does your O line have?
                          http://216.58.161.132/forums/showthread.php?p=497087#post497087

Above I will list all my predictions for the 2005 season.

Comment

well GENIUS, go check the stats, the Chiefs HAVE led the league in points the past 2 seasons.

And that got them how many Superbowls? Your Defence is suspect at best. You cannot tell me that a coach is going to make these guys into a top 10 or 15 defence with the same personal. The Chefs gave up an avg of 5.2 yards per carry. NO other team gave up 5 yds a carry. Your passing defence was also over 200 yards a game even with teams running it down your throat.

Here's the point you may have a good offence. But with the way your Wr's are lining up any you are going to have to pray Holmes holds up and has another career year. Because I am sure that your defence will improve I mean it can't get much worse.

But it easier to win games when you hold teams to 15 points a game. The Broncos offence may not be as good at the Chefs but they don't have to be. If the defence improves just slightly over last year the offence won't have to put up 3 or more TD's a game in fact they won't even have to be as good as they were last year. Because defence wins championships.

If you don't believe me check out the Ravens, Bucs and Patriots stats the years they won.

Comment

since this thread is about the chiefs offense....
                              the chiefs use their wide-outs to stretch defenses. sending kennison, hall, and smith out on deep patterns keeps the screens for holmes and underneath routes open for morton and gonzalez. as well as keeping defenses from loading up 8 in the box to stuff the run. our recievers aren't built on the deep threat mold such as you all had with sharpe, mccaffery, smith and maybe someday soon with lelie. the chiefs use 2 tight-end sets to pass out of more than most teams which use it to support the run. that's where the loss of boerighter and wilson hurt the chiefs passing attack the most.
                              i think it's safe to say that the chiefs run the ball pretty well. are we able to plug in any back like denver has the last 8 years or so and succeed, nope. we rely on the timing of our blocks out of the snap and holmes lets the o-line pull to maximize his skills. i hope johnson gets a better grasp of that as the year goes on but should really have figured it out by next year. blaylock is more of a cut-back runner and not suited as a 30-35 carries a game back.
                              richardson is a pretty fair ball catching fullback if he isn't picking up a blitz or leading on the run.
                              i'm adding in hall/special teams as an offensive category because coaches and coordinators will be thinking earlier about having to punt from deep in their end and giving the chiefs a shorter field. i'm not saying he will get 4 runbacks this year but having to prepare more for the threat of him breaking one may cause offensive coordinators to call a slightly different game.
                              the chiefs offense will be pretty good again this year and it'll be good to see how they match up with what should be at least top 5 defense sunday night. and i am glad to play denver early in the year instead of november or december.
                              Last edited by cheffz; 09-11-2004, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X