How much time will you give McD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much time will you give McD?

I'm sure there are a select few who will decide he sucks after a preseason loss. Realistically, though, how much time will you give him before you decide he is no good? I mean, we are all looking forward to a playoff win, but how far off is the team?

For me, the '09 season will be pretty much a pass. He will be in a new situation trying to impliment his system and build a defense. There is a lot to be done, so expecting a playoff berth is a tall order. With that said, we will be able to assess some of his coaching nuances, but probably not enough to make a realistic judgement on his full ability.

His second season, I would like to see some improvement, especially defensively. The '10 season will give us even more insight into his ability and will make me start leaning to one side or the other depending on the trends we see.

By the end of the '11 season, we should really begin to see what he is bringing to the table - good and bad. By then, if we still have not seen a sniff of the playoffs and we are constantly at the bottom of the division, then it will be dificult to stick up for the guy. All in all, I think it is fair to give him 3 full seasons before passing supreme judgement.

Where are you at? Will you hate his guts after his first regular season loss? Are you willing to give a couple years? Are you willing to give him 10 years? Just curious to see what the overall temperature is here and how much "leash" you are willing to give the guy.
    sigpic

3-4 years before i say anything, al i want to see is improvement even if its not in terms of wins and losses at first

but i want to see tackling getting teams off the field on 3rd and long hell even 3rd and short

stuff like that, stuff that we DIDNT do under shanny
    sigpic
    -------

Comment

It's less how much time I'll give him, and more how much time Mr. Bowlen will give him. That's the real question, will the Broncos fall into a coaching carousel like other teams have. :salute!:
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
        3-4 years before i say anything, al i want to see is improvement even if its not in terms of wins and losses at first

but i want to see tackling getting teams off the field on 3rd and long hell even 3rd and short

stuff like that, stuff that we DIDNT do under shanny
        I agree with time period...

I expect the worst this upcoming season due to the overhaul... but mostly do to having the hardest schedule in the ENTIRE NFL.

I expect us to be a serious threat in the Playoffs next year and Super Bowl contenders in year 3.

Comment

Hopefully, in 2-3 years we'll play in the AFC Championship game again!!!! :go:
          I know, it's too soon maybe, but I gotta have faith in the dude, otherwise it's all for nothing. And I'm sure Mr. Bowlen will want Broncos in the playoffs soon...
          sigpic

Comment

He has the #2 offense from last year and we missed the playoffs by one game, so we better make the playoffs this year. For those of you who say that is too much to ask for, all I have to do is point south to Miami.

With that being said I am not going to judge him to terribly much this year I mean our defense is in a mess and our Salary Cap isn’t in any better shape.

But this is Denver folks, Super Bowl or Bust by 2012.
            sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

i'll give him until just after the opening kickoff next year...if they don;t get that ball past the 20, i'm done!

Comment

The thing is, the offense is ready to go RIGHT NOW. The Broncos are stacked on that side of the ball.

The defense is basically starting from scratch. Given a year or two, if the offense can put pressure on opposing teams (and as Cutler gets more experience, he will improve), the defense doesn't need to be a Pitt/Baltimore style defense, they just need to make some plays here and there!

Honestly, a 1 year transition for the offense, 1-2 years for the defense. I wholly expect to see a much different and better team in '10, possibly making a run towards the end of '09 if the offense can all get on the same page.

injuries, poor GM'ing, etc, of course will change everything. The entire team's success rides on more than just McDaniel's shoulders.

Comment

If McDaniels loses more then 10 games this year I will be the fan in section 230 starting the Shanahan Chant.

Comment

They should be at least as good as last year. The offense remains intact and the defense was the worst in the league. So even if the defense is still the worst in the league then what's any different. A good coach should beat the Raiders, Chiefs, Browns, and Bengals. Thats 6 wins right there.

Comment

I am expecting nothing this year..... All I want to see is us getting better every game. If we finish 10-6 great, if we finish 5-11 I am ok as long as i can see us getting better on both sides of the ball. In 2010 I expect marked improvement across the board. That will give then 2 offseasons to fix the D. By 2011 anything less than a playoff win is a complete and uter failure
                      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

When is Kubiak's contract up with the Texans?

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                          If McDaniels loses more then 10 games this year I will be the fan in section 230 starting the Shanahan Chant.
                          I would be sitting there right with you. But then I would remember how overrated he's been in his position for the last 10 years and have to quickly part ways.

Comment

I'm here for life and on my tombstone
                            :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

People here might be a lot more willign to accept a losing season than the average fan would be. If we get off to a slow start, 2-4, 3-7, something like that, there will be a chants about bringing back Shanny.

That said, he has about three seasons to get things turned around. The offense is stocked with talent, and the defense needs an overhaul, but, weve seen teams do it in less time with a few key FA and solid drafts.
                              sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                              SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Working...
                              X