No announcement yet.

How much time will you give McD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We either win a playoff game or two...our offense Needs to stay in the top five we better get a better scoring points per game average (They fired Shanny for a reason) a better defense (even if it's ranked 14-19 our offense should take care of he rest) and win the games we are supposed too (as in down the stretch and other games such as raiders Chiefs ect. ect) And please....PLEASE stop Jay Cutler from doing stupid throws....or make the throws he's supposed too other then that I' good.

:salute!:
    Last edited by Champ24forlife; 02-21-2009, 11:32 PM. Reason: because
    "Dude, I know what you mean, and I feel your frustration. Everybody only reads what they want to read. If you sound a bit negative about the team or a player, you will immediatley be flamed. They tend to get caught up on the most trivial bs ever
    It's a huge part of the culture of this board you just have to learn how to deal with. You can go 5-6 pages explaining to these people"
    -Dragster69
    I salute you :salute!:

Comment

He's got this year. The Broncos don't rebuild, and this goes back way before Shanny, to the mid '70s.

Shanny could go .500 while rebuilding, I don't see why we should settle for less. so I believe this team should be .500 or better right now.

Comment

I hope he starts off well, but honestly, I will not call for his head this season unless we go 5 or under wins. I could even deal with a 6-10 season, judging by the look at our schedule. At least we will have another high 1st-round draft pick. Maybe that pick can give us a legit NT if we can't find one this draft.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Clady View Post
          Congratulations to Coach Josh McDaniels for saying that my bitterness at him is merely the latent projection of libidinal energy stemming from self-induced anguish. That clearly wins the prize for being the most gloomy and quixotic thing I've ever heard. What follows is the story of how he can be so rich in the rhetoric of democracy and yet so poor in its implementation. At this point in the letter I had planned to tell you that he could use some etiquette lessons. However, one of my colleagues pointed out that Coach McDaniels is operating under the misguided assumption that the best way to reduce cognitive dissonance and restore homeostasis to one's psyche is to harvest what others have sown. Hence, I discarded the discourse I had previously prepared and substituted the following discussion in which I argue that Coach McDaniels is doing everything in his power to make me experience psychological stress or "cognitive dissonance". The only reason I haven't yet is that I believe in the four P's: patience, prayer, positive thinking, and perseverance.

Coach McDaniels argues that I am sadistic for wanting to rally good-hearted people to the side of our cause. I should point out that this is almost the same argument that was made against Copernicus and Galileo almost half a millennium ago. To paralyze needed efforts to turn random, senseless violence into meaningful action is an injustice. If my own experience has taught me anything, it's that untoward pissants feed information from sources inside the government to organizations with particularly recalcitrant agendas. That said, we mustn't lose sight of who the real enemy is: Josh McDaniels and his unregenerate, uncompanionable expositors. How can we trust him if he doesn't trust us? We can't. And besides, thoughtful people are being forced to admit, after years of evading the truth, that I have been right. I was right when I said that Coach McDaniels uses deception to trick people into voting against things that they in fact support. I was right when I said that Coach McDaniels's communications have very little thought behind them and are neither interesting nor amusing. And I was right when I said that Coach McDaniels wants to cause this country to flounder on the shoals of self-interest, corruption, and chaos. You know what groups have historically wanted to do the same thing? Fascists and Nazis.

Coach McDaniels's squibs occasionally differ in terms of how sappy can they are but generally share one fundamental tendency: They create an atmosphere that may temporarily energize or exhilarate, but which, at the same time, will pose the gravest of human threats. If Coach McDaniels were to eliminate those law-enforcement officers who constitute the vital protective bulwark in the fragile balance between anarchy and tyranny, social upheaval and violence would follow. It is therefore clear that Coach McDaniels has long wanted to prevent anyone from stating publicly that his prevarications are not on the up and up. Why do I bring that up? Because by studying his repression of ideas in its extreme, unambiguous form one may more clearly understand why Coach McDaniels partakes of the luster of intellectual life while adding neither rays nor radiance to its glitter and charm. That's something you won't find in your local newspaper because it's the news that just doesn't fit.

Coach McDaniels's habitués are tools. Like a hammer or an axe, they are not inherently evil or destructive. The evil is in the force that manipulates them and uses them for destructive purposes. That evil is Josh McDaniels, who wants nothing less than to use psychological tools to trick us into doing whatever thrasonical, tactless rumormongers require of us.

If Coach McDaniels truly wanted to be helpful, he wouldn't abandon the idea of universal principles and focus illegitimately on the particular. On that note, let me say that he really shouldn't stonewall on issues in which taxpayers see a vital public interest. That's just common sense. Of course, the people who appreciate his vaporings are those who eagerly root up common sense, prominently hold it out, and decry it as poison with astonishing alacrity. Here, I am merely trying to advance the opinion that Coach McDaniels is an inspiration to diabolic exponents of mercantalism everywhere. They panegyrize his crusade to truck away our freedoms for safekeeping and, more importantly, they don't realize that Coach McDaniels says that leading to the destruction of the human race is essential for the safety and welfare of the public. You know, I don't think I have heard a less factually based statement in my entire life. For brevity, I won't comment further on that but rather on the way that people tell me that we have a life-or-death situation on our hands. And the people who tell me this are correct, of course. Let me conclude by stating that Coach Josh McDaniels's dumber than dirt. You can quote me on that.
          Hooray for $1 words!
          In Manning I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
            Play-offs? Play-offs?
            Well, I look at it this way...
            Let's start with our own division...
            How good are we going to be in comparison to San Diego and the rest of the AFC West?
            Our defense is expected to be better, how much better?
            We don't know, we might be 27th overall or 10th overall either way that would be better, or improved

Our offense despite the new system and all, I will call it good. I just have a good vibe about McDaniels abilities to make a seamless transition and not lose a bit. Cutler will be much improved under McDaniels mentoring, our running game -if we can manage to keep them healthy- will be a good threat this time and quite frankly, I don't see us dropping off the top 3 offenses in the league

So, it will come down to how we will fare against our own division rivals.
            We will all be pretty much playing the same schedule; NFC East and AFC North, so not clear advantage to anyone.
            Can our defense be good enough to be a middle of the pack defense?

Another question is...are we going to be the best team in our division?
            If the answer is yes, then we will be in the play-offs, by virtue of winning the AFC West, if the answer is no, then we're looking at 2 years max for us to be in the play-off hunt

Again the key is how good is San Diego going to be. I know we have a tough schedule, but our season will not be based on whether we beat, Baltimore, Pittsbugh or the Giants, but can we beat San Diego twice
            SD will be our toughest opponent for all intent and purpose, unless KC and the Raiders surprises us all with an unexpected good season...
            Well I think it is safe to say that this Division will be up for grabs again this year. None of the teams dominated this year. I think San Diego will fall back to last of the division next year. KC is the team to look out for next year in our Division. They have already made some good moves in the secondary over the past couple of years and now with Scott Pioli in the front office they will be making some good moves again.

As for the Raiders well they did make a move with new head coach and decided to stay with him looks like he is going to be their for a while. The problem with Oakland is their QB he is not as developed as they hoped by this time to me the guy is horrific, but that could have alot to do with the unstable management. So I say if he doesn't Improve his year he will be gone. Mcfadden I am sorry he isn't that good to me. Hillis made him look good and I curse the Razorbacks for not starting Hillis but anyway it will be a toss up between the raiders and Chargers as far as last place goes in the Division.

And I think the Broncos will sweep two teams in the Division this year. I am basing this on the level of maturity we have gone through on Offense. And with a more aggressive defense from the Broncos we can expect to put alot of confusion into the younger players and even some of the veteran players because they are going to have to epect the unexpected from us this year.

As far as the original post goes I would be willing to guess the reason the contracts are so short for McDaniels and Nolan is partly due to the fact we still owe Shanahan money. I would even go out on a limb to say that if McDaniels doesn't work out then we still have Mike Nolan who has had experience in Head Coaching. So if all else fails we have another qualified candidate already in house. But I think this staff is going to do just fine!
            Last edited by BroncosRockdaRockies; 02-21-2009, 09:04 AM.

Comment

I would say it depends on how well coach McDaniels evolves, without losing his bearings on who he is and what he´s about. He was obviously trusted by Bowlen coming in, but ultimately it depends on what his imprint on the team culture will be. Will Broncos football and fan culture break him or make him? People are pretty particular around here, I gather from being around this forum. I think the win column is less important than the excitement barometer. If he instills pride and glory, and is seen animated and excited himself on the side-lines he stands a good chance to make a career here.
              mooncamping is a new Cleveland Browns fan

Comment

Originally posted by mooncamping View Post
                I would say it depends on how well coach McDaniels evolves, without losing his bearings on who he is and what he´s about. He was obviously trusted by Bowlen coming in, but ultimately it depends on what his imprint on the team culture will be. Will Broncos football and fan culture break him or make him? People are pretty particular around here, I gather from being around this forum. I think the win column is less important than the excitement barometer. If he instills pride and glory, and is seen animated and excited himself on the side-lines he stands a good chance to make a career here.
                Well It will depend on the Win column in Bowlens eyes and most of the fans in the city of Denver. As far as the forum goes well alot of the posters don't have patience if a person has one bad performance it is under the bus for them.
                And just from what I have seen of Coach Mcdaniels's interviews and some of the articles he is very much a no nonsense guy. I think that the majority of the fan base at this point is ok with what Bowlen has done as far as this move, If like you said he keeps his composure and does what he says he will do. The city of Denver as far as the fans go want the toughness back here in Broncos country and I think we will be seeing a tougher team in the years to come.

A big problem with forum members is that any fan of any team can create a username that coincides with that peticular teams forum which allows them to blend in so to speak. And they like to be the ones that cause disruptive threads and get the arguements going so to speak. So I have learned that the key to this forum is stick with posting with fans you know support this team. And that does not mean you have to agree with everyone who rah rahs orange all the time but I definitely stay away from the ones who never have a good thing to say about the team as well.

Prime Example is the day of a loss. If it were up to them the whole team would be gone and rebuilt and up to speed by the time it is ready to play the next game 6 days later. But I like reading your posts Moon you have a pretty solid head on your shoulders and make good posts so for that a CP coming your way!

Comment

Working...
                X