X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xanders' old boss disses him

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...ers-abilities/

This guy sounds like a jerk.

screw that guy...xanders did do some good drafting in atlanta imo, so its looks like he doesn't have trouble finding talent. let the guy do his job for a while then we'll make a judgement...
    --bringin' the pain--

:orton:

Comment

Xander's does not have to be a scouting genius...all he has to do is keep good scouts in place and defer to someone that does their job well. The key to being a good manager is hiring people that can do a better job than you.

Xanders has had 10 years since that hiring, you can learn a lot in just one year..he will be very good at it IMO.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
      J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
      R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Bowlen got rid of the Goodmans to save money. He had 3 people with a GM title. Who knows what Xanders can do but he does save Bowlen money.
        sigpic

Comment

If anybody thinks Xanders could be any worse than Mike Shanahan they are kidding them self.......

Comment

Isn't Herock the same guy who traded Favre to Green Bay?

Comment

Originally posted by Danzler88 View Post
              Isn't Herock the same guy who traded Favre to Green Bay?
              Yes, yes he is. Talk about PWNAGE.
              sigpic

Comment

After reading more of Herock's comments, its not that much of a dis.

Actual article, rather than PFTs misleading synopsis:

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...s/?partner=RSS

I'd sum up Herock's comments about Xander with the following. "There's some question marks with Xander, but if he surrounds himself with the right people he will succeed."

Which is a pretty viable opinion since Xander is young, no doubt lacks experience at somethings, etc.... He'll have to step up in areas he's unfamilair with, but Herock isn't giving an indicator that he thinks that won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by omahaBroncoFan View Post
                  After reading more of Herock's comments, its not that much of a dis.

Actual article, rather than PFTs misleading synopsis:

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...s/?partner=RSS

I'd sum up Herock's comments about Xander with the following. "There's some question marks with Xander, but if he surrounds himself with the right people he will succeed."

Which is a pretty viable opinion since Xander is young, no doubt lacks experience at somethings, etc.... He'll have to step up in areas he's unfamilair with, but Herock isn't giving an indicator that he thinks that won't happen.
                  pft is a bunch of BS plain and simple and anyone reading crap on that website needs to stop and go to a real football website
                  sigpic
                  -------

Comment

Originally posted by cutler7624 View Post
                    Bowlen got rid of the Goodmans to save money.
                    Bowlen got rid of the Goodman's because they were stealing money from him because of their ineptitude.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                      Bowlen got rid of the Goodman's because they were stealing money from him because of their ineptitude.
                      Are you dating Xanders? What ineptitude? Clearly you are familiar with their shortcomings, so what are they? What did the even do before Shanahan was fired? Really, enlighten us all with your knowledge of the Goodmans and their "ineptitude".
                      All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
                        Are you dating Xanders? What ineptitude? Clearly you are familiar with their shortcomings, so what are they? What did the even do before Shanahan was fired? Really, enlighten us all with your knowledge of the Goodmans and their "ineptitude".
                        The Goodman's were a primary instrument in all of our defensive draft picks over the last 3 years. This includes the first and second round "busts" in Crowder and Moss. They were also a pivotal voice in player personnel on the defensive side of the ball, with Koutividas, Manual, Mcree, Boss, Webster, and every other degenerate that set foot on the field. Shanahan wanted someone in charge of the defensive side of the ball while he focused on the offensive side.

You don't need your blades of grass telling you how piss poor the personnel is on the defensive side of the ball.

Comment

You don't need your blades of grass telling you how piss poor the personnel is on the defensive side of the ball.
                          I would say, despite some shortcomings at MIKE backer and safety, this years defense was probably as talented as the 05 defense. The problem really was the scheme in my opinion, and once again injuries.
                          sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                          SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Originally posted by draco193 View Post
                            I would say, despite some shortcomings at MIKE backer and safety, this years defense was probably as talented as the 05 defense. The problem really was the scheme in my opinion, and once again injuries.
                            I would be curious to know where the talent lies. Our best dlinemen was Marcus Thomas, and there are a lot of teams around the NFL that he wouldn't even crack a rotation with. Our DE's are terrible, Dumervil is a gifted pass rusher but has proven over and over he can't stop the run. Our LB core was average when they played their best. Safeties? garbage.

The only position I felt we were even remotely talented was at CB, and you are right about the scheme being terrible in making them irrelevant by lining up 8 yards off every time.

Comment

I would be curious to know where the talent lies. Our best dlinemen was Marcus Thomas, and there are a lot of teams around the NFL that he wouldn't even crack a rotation with. Our DE's are terrible, Dumervil is a gifted pass rusher but has proven over and over he can't stop the run. Our LB core was average when they played their best. Safeties? garbage.

The only position I felt we were even remotely talented was at CB, and you are right about the scheme being terrible in making them irrelevant by lining up 8 yards off every time.
                              Moss and Crowder both graded out as first or second round players, so the fact that they were busts is unfortunate, very very unfortunate, but they would have been drafted by someone else even if the Broncos didn't. I agree, personnel decisions, especially on defense, were atrocious, but it's hard to believe that Shanahan didn't have a serious hand in the decisions. Anyway, I don't even know if firing the Goodmans was wrong, but I am equally unsure that keeping Xanders was right. We shall see. Nothing to do but wait and disagree with each other.
                              All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

Working...
                              X