Xanders' old boss disses him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    Moss and Crowder both graded out as first or second round players, so the fact that they were busts is unfortunate, very very unfortunate, but they would have been drafted by someone else even if the Broncos didn't. I agree, personnel decisions, especially on defense, were atrocious, but it's hard to believe that Shanahan didn't have a serious hand in the decisions.
    Shanahan had a hand, but instead of being the driving force of opinion, he's listening to the Goodman's. Jim Goodman made the decision to trade a 3rd round pick to move up 3 spots and grab a player most everyone thought would be there after the Broncos drafted.

It's not the drafting of guys that didn't work out that hurts, it's the repeated constancy of not getting good players on defense. The ratio of draft busts to guys that have panned out leans heavily towards a negative number.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
      I would be curious to know where the talent lies. Our best dlinemen was Marcus Thomas, and there are a lot of teams around the NFL that he wouldn't even crack a rotation with. Our DE's are terrible, Dumervil is a gifted pass rusher but has proven over and over he can't stop the run. Our LB core was average when they played their best. Safeties? garbage.

The only position I felt we were even remotely talented was at CB, and you are right about the scheme being terrible in making them irrelevant by lining up 8 yards off every time.
      I think that DJ is a talented player. And that Spencer Larsen is also a guy that played with some talent. I thought Winborn was a solid starter, despite some blown assignments. Barrett played well in limited time, especially in the second KC game.

In comparison to 05, our D line probably was just about as talented, less talented at the LB position (Mostly cause Al Wilson), and DB are a little downgraded (Dre I think is better tha Darrent was, but, our safeties were not near Lynch).

Our scheme in 05 though used a lot of stunts up front with a lot of creative blitzes to pressure the QB. When we did do that this year, we got pressure. When we didnt, and just bull rushed Elvis into a tackle (along with Moss), we lost basically their best weapons.
      sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
      SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
        Shanahan had a hand, but instead of being the driving force of opinion, he's listening to the Goodman's. Jim Goodman made the decision to trade a 3rd round pick to move up 3 spots and grab a player most everyone thought would be there after the Broncos drafted.

It's not the drafting of guys that didn't work out that hurts, it's the repeated constancy of not getting good players on defense. The ratio of draft busts to guys that have panned out leans heavily towards a negative number.
        I'm with you on the talent level of the defense. Honestly, there isn't one player, Champ included, that would break my heart if they weren't Broncos.
        All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

Herock traded Favre, right?

Comment

”If he makes the calls, gets the players, he’ll be a success; if he doesn’t, he won’t be a general manager.”

Does anyone else HATE peopel who talk like this? Some other examples of statements in this mold.

"If they score more points they'll win.. if not.. well they'll lose."

Comment

Working...
            X