Not guilty plea entered in Darrent Williams' death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    Every system of justice makes mistakes. Many other countries just bury their mistakes instead of tying up millions of tax payer dollars in court fees. There was really no quick rush to justice on this case. It looks like the investigators were really making sure they had the right guy. From the articles I have read this morning, they have several eyewitnesses that place that POS as the shooter. Now here's the good thing about "thugs." Many are cowards when facing serious time in jail. This guy is also facing a life sentence for a prior murder case that happened just a few weeks b4 D-Will(RIP:salute! was killed. Now If he is not the shooter, I bet the prosecution has a plan B that end in a plea deal on the prior murder for Scumbag A and some type of murder charge for Scumbag B. So everyone who wants this guys head is justified in some way.
    Way over simplifying it and ignoring that when they burry it, they could be burying an innocent persons life and when that happens the system is just as bad as the crook/murderer and you end up living in a hypocrisy ( not that we totally don't now). If the investigators have the right guy and prove it in court then great. I hope they have the right guy and bring him to justice.

You seem to make it sound like every one convicted and hated is always guilty, but they are not and that's why we have our justice system and do process. You're right, it doesn't always work. But I'm glad we try.

Assuming the guy is guilty I hope he turns in all his POS friends that helped him. But I'd be more worried about them getting the wrong guy then getting the right guy, which is why you are always supposed to be considered innocent until proven guilty ( beyond a reasonable doubt of course).

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
      This isn't the OJ case, life isn't fair. But that don't mean I want to pull the trigger on someone I don't know anything about, like some here seem to want to do. I'm willing to bet the court system is 100x more fair then the people here. If you think ours is so bad you need to take a look at some of the others around the world.
      I don't live in those other countries. I live in the USA. Where child molesters are given second and third chances. Where drug dealers get plea bargains because they rat on their connection. Where, if you have money, you can buy a high priced lawyer and get away w/murder and if you don't have money you're pretty much screwed whether you committed a crime or not. Where society demands first class prisons and accepts second hand schools. Where convicted murderers sit on death row for 15 years costing tax payers millions of dollars. Everyone has a right to due process, but the way the system is, it is far from fair.

Comment

Originally posted by tdnmecudawon3 View Post
        I don't live in those other countries. I live in the USA. Where child molesters are given second and third chances. Where drug dealers get plea bargains because they rat on their connection. Where, if you have money, you can buy a high priced lawyer and get away w/murder and if you don't have money you're pretty much screwed whether you committed a crime or not. Where society demands first class prisons and accepts second hand schools. Where convicted murderers sit on death row for 15 years costing tax payers millions of dollars. Everyone has a right to due process, but the way the system is, it is far from fair.
        You're ranting, and while some of it has merit you are greatly exaggerating and missing the point. Its more important to let 10 guilty people go free to save that one innocent person from injustice.

It's great we live in a country where you can say what you want about the government and not worry about reprisal. Because if people could use their personal feelings about everything you might get hung for what you said. That's why we spend millions of dollars, and why some people can get away with murder, So you have a chance when your day in court comes.

No system is perfect people.

Comment

Way over simplifying it and ignoring that when they burry it, they could be burying an innocent persons life and when that happens the system is just as bad as the crook/murderer and you end up living in a hypocrisy ( not that we totally don't now). If the investigators have the right guy and prove it in court then great. I hope they have the right guy and bring him to justice.

You seem to make it sound like every one convicted and hated is always guilty, but they are not and that's why we have our justice system and do process. You're right, it doesn't always work. But I'm glad we try.

Assuming the guy is guilty I hope he turns in all his POS friends that helped him. But I'd be more worried about them getting the wrong guy then getting the right guy, which is why you are always supposed to be considered innocent until proven guilty ( beyond a reasonable doubt of course).
          No I was actually agreeing with many of the points made on both sides. I was over simplifying for sake of the length of the post. I know it can get very technical. I do not believe that all persons convicted are guilty. I also do not believe that all persons found not guilty are innocent, as a side note I do also believe that OJ received a fair trial and was found not guilty due to a poor prosecution that had little evidence to convict him. I do believe that the investigators and prosecution are not speeding this case to judgment and that is a good thing. So I do agree with all your statements.
          #swapping

Comment

as long as that dirt bag gets whats coming to him...
            --bringin' the pain--

:orton:

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
              No I was actually agreeing with many of the points made on both sides. I was over simplifying for sake of the length of the post. I know it can get very technical. I do not believe that all persons convicted are guilty. I also do not believe that all persons found not guilty are innocent, as a side note I do also believe that OJ received a fair trial and was found not guilty due to a poor prosecution that had little evidence to convict him. I do believe that the investigators and prosecution are not speeding this case to judgment and that is a good thing. So I do agree with all your statements.
              Not much more needs to be said except. :go: and

Comment

This isn't the OJ case, life isn't fair. But that don't mean I want to pull the trigger on someone I don't know anything about, like some here seem to want to do. I'm willing to bet the court system is 100x more fair then the people here. If you think ours is so bad you need to take a look at some of the others around the world.

You sound like a lawyer.

I too hope they have the right guy but this caught my eye from the article:

On Friday, Chief Deputy District Attorney Timothy Twining asked Judge Habas to take witness testimony in her chambers, saying that witnesses had contacted authorities "to express great fear."

Witnesses are in fear?

Because this gang is so "feared"?

This case has been a challenge for the police and prosecutors from the beginning.

As you have already pointed out, Bronco fans may have some sort of blind bias towards it all and to me the weapon involved would be a major piece of evidence which they have not found as I understand it.

Letters and hearsay will be dismissed or dragged through courtroom procedings even through the process of appeals.

A not guilty plea puts the prosecution on the hot seat to produce even more evidence tying the accused to the crime.

Now I sound like a lawyer.
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X