Scheffler recovering from E. coli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheffler recovering from E. coli

Interesting, too bad for Shef hope he recovers soon.....

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...i/?partner=RSS

Tony Scheffler's trip to the Pro Bowl to tag along with teammates Brandon Marshall and Jay Cutler might have been memorable for all the wrong reasons.

Shortly after returning to Colorado, Scheffler fell ill and was admitted to a hospital. Testing revealed he was suffering from E. coli, a bacteria that affected his lower intestine. The tight end might have picked up the bacteria during a visit to the Denver stock show, if not during his Hawaiian trek.

Scheffler was released after a three-day hospital stay and is returning to normal.

None of his teammates or family members was similarly affected.

ETC.: The Broncos are expected to meet with the agent for center Casey Wiegmann in the next 48 hours about a restructured contract. Wiegmann wants to play a couple of more years but is seeking a pay hike after a Pro Bowl season. He's slated to make $845,000 in base salary next season. . . . The Broncos aren't expected to retain many of their free agents. But one player they're at least going to discuss bringing back is lineman Kenny Peterson, who, at 6-foot-3, 300 pounds, can play defensive end in a three- man front.

Get well soon Tony. I like the little blurb at the end as well. Hopefully we can get somethin worked out to keep Casey and the line intact. I also like the fact we are working to keep Kenny Peterson. He can play defensive end and tackle and we will need someone like him with this hybrid defense we are going to run.
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

This guy just cannot stay healthy at all. :doh:

I hope he gets better..

Comment

Maybe he ate the Pizza at the Stock show it looked so terrible lol I went with the Turkey leg. Girlfriend had Pizza got sick you never know small world.

Either way hope he is healthy soon :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoCanuck View Post

Tony Scheffler's trip to the Pro Bowl to tag along with teammates Brandon Marshall and Jay Cutler might have been memorable for all the wrong reasons.

Shortly after returning to Colorado, Scheffler fell ill and was admitted to a hospital. Testing revealed he was suffering from E. coli, a bacteria that affected his lower intestine. The tight end might have picked up the bacteria during a visit to the Denver stock show, if not during his Hawaiian trek.

Scheffler was released after a three-day hospital stay and is returning to normal.

ETC.: The Broncos are expected to meet with the agent for center Casey Wiegmann in the next 48 hours about a restructured contract. Wiegmann wants to play a couple of more years but is seeking a pay hike after a Pro Bowl season. He's slated to make $845,000 in base salary next season. . . . The Broncos aren't expected to retain many of their free agents. But one player they're at least going to discuss bringing back is lineman Kenny Peterson, who, at 6-foot-3, 300 pounds, can play defensive end in a three- man front.
          Thats gross....hope for a fast recovery :salute!:

Comment

The biggest thing I took from this article is that we want Weigman back and we also want to keep Kenny Peterson out of free agency. We already knew about trying to keep Weigman, but it's good news we want Peterson to stay in Denver. He would be a good defensive end in this new scheme because of his size. :clap:
            sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

man tony you just cant stay healthy even in the off season GLAD to see you are doing well now

Comment

Man that sucks! I hope he goes through a full recovery!!! :salute!:
                Winner of the 2012 Broncomania GM game

Comment

I told Scheff to stay away from the manure

get well soon Scheff :salute!:

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

No big deal=wife had it-back to normal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoCanuck View Post

Damn Peanut Corp.

Comment

jeeezus..... this guy is a walking Mash unit......

Comment

That's some ****.

Comment

Someone must have took a huge dump then servered him poop poops in Hawaii.

Comment

Working...
                            X