David Anderson Signs. WR from houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Anderson Signs. WR from houston

NFL Network is reporting that we signed him to a offer sheet which means houston can match the offer. Never heard of him but its another guy.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx
    Last edited by jimdez7784; 02-27-2009, 04:32 PM.

I don't understand this, we just signed Gaffney. Is he not a restricted free agent? If we have to give up a third rounder for this guy I'm going to be pissed.

Comment

he played college in colorado, I'm not big on the guy.. and I have no clue why were going after WR's..
      sigpic
      Champ is the UBBER CB!

Comment

Weird move, pretty weird.
        sigpic

Comment

my thought exactly....and B.M hasn't been resigned yet; or has he? so really weird...
          sigpic
          Champ is the UBBER CB!

Comment

Originally posted by jimdez7784 View Post
            Never heard of him but its another guy.
            "Zaphod is just zis guy."
            -Douglas Adams

Comment

do we still keep Stokley?

Comment

I'm actually a big David Anderson fan since I've watched a lot of CSU football over the years. In college he was pretty much a tiny version on Eddie Mac. He's fearless over the middle and hardly drops anything thrown toward him. Everytime he was given a chance in Houston (pretty much only in the preseason) he was money, but was still never given a shot during the regular season. I hope McDaniels and Co. take a good look at him.

I'm actually more excited about this potential signing (hopefully Houston doesn't match) than the Gaffney deal. Anderson will make all the tough catches a la Eddie Mac that'll make him an instant fan favorite in Denver. That is if he's given a shot...
                Last edited by sixoneseven12; 02-27-2009, 04:48 PM.

Comment

I have a feeling Stokely is going to be cut or traded sometime soon...

Comment

Its also gonna cost us a 7th round pick...ouch.
                    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
                      Its also gonna cost us a 7th round pick...ouch.
                      ever since we got hillis we cant under estimate the power of the 7th round.

but honestly though. chance of getting someone worth anything in the 7th is pretty low. atleast we still have atlantas 7th round pick.

Comment

This is probably just a depth move no need to say that were cutting anybody b/c of this
                        Proud Sigma Chi at UT Chattanooga

Comment

I really hope we don't drop Stokely. He's still money.

Comment

Originally posted by sixoneseven12 View Post
                            I'm actually a big David Anderson fan since I've watched a lot of CSU football over the years. In college he was pretty much a tiny version on Eddie Mac. He's fearless over the middle and hardly drops anything thrown toward him. Everytime he was given a chance in Houston (pretty much only in the preseason) he was money, but was still never given a shot during the regular season. I hope McDaniels and Co. take a good look at him.

I'm actually more excited about this potential signing (hopefully Houston doesn't match) than the Gaffney deal. Anderson will make all the tough catches a la Eddie Mac that'll make him an instant fan favorite in Denver. That is if he's given a shot...
                            I am with you here, bro. Great, great hands. And tough as nails. Just put him on the field. Great route runner, ability to get open, clutch.

Comment

Originally posted by JeremiahC23 View Post
                              he played college in colorado, I'm not big on the guy.. and I have no clue why were going after WR's..
                              cuz at 9:59 last night we only had 2 sure things. Stokely is not only getting older, he suffered concussion issues again. We'll be lucky if he actually plays this year. Maybe we'll actually carry six WRs this year? Now that Leach is gone and his spot is going to a guy who plays center also then maybe that frees up another spot? Maybe we only carry 3 TEs this year? Maybe only 1 fullback?
                              "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

Working...
                              X