Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
    If Cutler got his feelings this hurt because the coach "listened" to a "potential" trade.....what's he going to do when the team loses a game and coach puts the blame on him? The HC and QB relationship is a dynamic, "on the same page" type of relationship. I just don't see these two getting there.
    Not really.

    There are plenty of times QB's aren't best friends with their coaches. Plenty of coaches do not spend much time with the QB. Thats why they have offensive coordinators and QB coaches.

    Even Shanny (who's a QB guy) didn't spend much time with Cutler. Bates was the guy that Cutler spent all his time with.

    Either way....its not like the two have years of a bad relationship. If they can fix this and move on....then for all we know they could go on to have a great relationship with this behind them.

    Some of you guys act like that once you have a rift with someone you can NEVER be friends or at least civil.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dogbyte View Post
      BB problems in Cleveland were twofold, one Berie Kosar was done but the fans did not see it that way, BB was eventually proved right but he had no adequate replacement and second the owner moved the team. BB problem in NE in the first couple of years, that he was saddled with overpriced players that did not perform to their salary. BB had to get rid of this and the culture of overpaying fading stars. He made tough decisions and cut players who were well liked but did not produce enough ( IE: Lawyer Malloy ) BB also had a gunsling QB name Drew Bledsoe who like Jay also seemed to make that critical mistake when the game was on the line. He knew that Drew would never learn from his mistakes and traded him. a lot of people were mad and thought he was crazy but again he was right
      McD has a team right now that collapsed last year and finished 8 -8 I do not care who's ego he steps on if he can get the Broncos to the playoffs.
      Tough choices have to be made whether right or wrong we have to get better.

      The fact of the matter is, though, that Cutler had nothing to do with this team going 8-8 last season.

      ...Wait, I stand corrected. He did: He alone was the reason we weren't 3-13.


      TRANSLATION: QB certainly was not the position that needed to be addressed by a rookie head coach inheriting this team. Congratulations, McD - Major screw-up.


      Last edited by sbutk; 03-22-2009, 12:38 PM.
      sigpic
      They're your teammates, now.
      Best of luck, TT!
      ...Always a class act - in any uniform.



      sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

      Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Poindexter View Post
        Up until now I have sat on the sidelines and watched this whole off season mess unfold. I have read thread after thread on the subject and I'm ready to put it behind me, so I am going to post my thoughts on the subject and move on with my life. I'm going to address my thoughts to each person with a stake in it even though I doubt they would ever come trolling this forum.

        Pat Bowlen: You are the owner of this team. Ultimately you make every important franchise decision. You have the final say in who is hired, fired and moved in your organization. With all that said you still choose to sit back and watch all of this garbage unfold without lifting a finger. You have allowed the franchise to become the laughing stock of the media this entire off season. After you fired Shanny you said that you would not allow another head coach to wield as much power as Shanny did yet you have turned around and let a 32 year old, rookie coach step in and do your job for you. If you really love this team like you claim you do then it is time for you to step up and show it instead of allowing this nonsense to continue.

        Josh McDaniel's: Who are you? You come waltzing in to Denver as an unproven rookie coach and the first thing you do is upset the apple cart. This is not your team yet. You have not earned that right. You have alienated your players. At the rate you are going you will lead this team to it's 4th consecutive season without a playoff birth. You need to realize that you work for the Denver Broncos now.You may bring you schemes from New England with you. You may try to carry over New England's players, but at the end of the day the Denver Broncos will never be the New England Patriots and you need to realize that. We have an identity of our own and you can either accept it, and learn to work with it, or you can piss it all away like you have been and find yourself bagging groceries in 2010. You had better set aside your ego and learn your roll. If Bowlen is willing to kick Shanny to the curb so easily what do you think is going to happen to you if you mess this up?

        Jay Cutler: I understand your feelings are hurt. You feel betrayed, because you were. It's time to realize that you get paid millions of dollars to play a game. Call it a profession all you want, but at the end of the day its still just a game. This is not about you. This is about your team. You are supposed to be the leader of this team. It's captain. Instead you are sulking in a corner while the rest of your teammates are dealing with the fallout. Do you think it's fair to them? So you don't get along with McDaniel's. Do you think you are the first QB to have issues with their coach? You are not even close. This is your turn to be the classy one. Show up for camp. Don't do it for McDaniel's do it for your teammates. They deserve better than this. At the end of the day if they trade you then at least you know you did the right thing and you can laugh all he way to the bank with your sweet new contract and millions of dollars.

        Bus Cook: Your record speaks for itself. In you career you have never attempted to heal a rift between a player and their team. You exacerbate these situations, and force a trade all under the guise of doing what's in the players best interest. You sir, need to back the hell off.

        As for the Bronco fans for which I count myself. I think I can safely speak for any true Bronco fan. We deserve better than this. For all the flash, and accolades these players and coaches have it wouldn't happen without the support and financial backing of the fans. We the fans pay their salaries. We the fans vote in their new stadiums. We the fans brave the elements, and pay our hard earned money to come support our team all over the country. Without us the NFL doesn't exist. Without us Pat Bowlen is just another johnny pencil-pusher in a suit. It's time we let them know how we feel. When Dove Valley opens for training camp this off season The Broncos organization should be told how the fans feel, in person.

        That's all I have to say on this subject.

        Best post I have seen by a Bronco fan on the topic. Not emotional, but thought out and you see all sides of this thing.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by sbutk View Post
          The fact of the matter is, though, that Cutler had nothing to do with this team going 8-8 last season.

          ...Wait, I stand corrected. He did: He alone was the reason we weren't 3-13.


          TRANSLATION: QB certainly was not the position that needed to be addressed by a rookie head coach inheriting this team. Congratulations, McD - Major screw-up.


          I know, forcing the ball into tight coverage and throwing those game killing interceptions in the red zone is the defence's fault also. Cutler had NOTHING to do any of the losses or the 3 game choke job.

          Just like he had nothing to do with his poor performance against the lowly 49ers the year before with the playoffs on the line.

          Comment


          • You don't throw more money at an employee who is pissing and moaning and making the situation worse. You put them in their place and if they don't agree, they can go away. NFL is no different then any other business.

            Comment


            • The Players have to ALL respect Josh and Trust in him inorder to be successful..

              I wonder how much respect he would gain by saying...

              OK, I SCREWED UP AND FOR THAT I AM SORRY
              We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of


              sigpic

              Comment


              • Fumble

                I totally agree, both sides have screwed up! A don't think either side will recoup if they part ways, not for a while anyway. And I think a speak for everyone when I say I'm not ready for another season of disappointments (and neither is my wife, she can stand how mad I get when we play like we have this season).
                I really hope that both sides can put this behind them and mend fences and realize there will be very good together.
                The bottom line is both sides pulled an Earnest Byner! I just hope we can recover!

                Comment


                • I like Cutler, but I honestly don't want to see him here next year unless he sucks it up and meets with McDaniels one-on-one.

                  Success will be extremely hard with a quarterback and head coach who can't get along, and I don't see anything happening to fix it as long as Cook is Jay's agent.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
                    I like Cutler, but I honestly don't want to see him here next year unless he sucks it up and meets with McDaniels one-on-one.

                    Success will be extremely hard with a quarterback and head coach who can't get along, and I don't see anything happening to fix it as long as Cook is Jay's agent.
                    Your sig looks like Bandon and Eddie are an old couple and Eddie is telling Brandon something really loud because Marshall can't hear it and he's yelling, "WHATTT?!?!?"
                    sigpic

                    Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by theflammer View Post
                      The Players have to ALL respect Josh and Trust in him inorder to be successful..

                      I wonder how much respect he would gain by saying...

                      OK, I SCREWED UP AND FOR THAT I AM SORRY
                      Probably a lot.

                      I think you are misinterpreting Fear as Respect.

                      I think if he man'd up and owned the fact that this could of been done in a much better way the players will respect him more.


                      Players want to know that they can trust their coach. If McD doesn't figure out a way to fix this he sends the wrong message to our team. It will make the players think they are on their own and the organization is not going to do anything to help them out....or even let them know.

                      So that will make players want to do whats necessary to make their own lives better....not the teams. Say goodbye to any shot at "hometown" discounts or players wanting to stay because they like the organization.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
                        The HC and QB relationship is a dynamic, "on the same page" type of relationship. I just don't see these two getting there.
                        Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
                        Success will be extremely hard with a quarterback and head coach who can't get along, and I don't see anything happening to fix it as long as Cook is Jay's agent.
                        Yeah, Parcells and Simms were the best of friends. And the Ditka/McMahon duo was a match made in heaven...

                        The point is, the QB and Head Coach don't have to like each other to win Superbowls.
                        Last edited by SunDevil_Jake; 03-22-2009, 01:19 PM.

                        Comment


                        • i beginning to HATE all these rumor threads... not directed at the OP just a general thing..

                          seriously rumors and speculations are just that.. sure some coaches think that Cutler and McD situation is overblown.. (these are probably teams that arent looking to get Culter) then some coaches think its a done deal Culter will be gone (teams that actively want Cutler)..

                          its the media game..

                          i hope that Culter will play here for the remainder of his career in the NFL, so long as he WANTS to be here... this whole thing stinks of just getting a new fat contract, but heck who wouldnt want to try if a door a appeared open and you were told that you could possibly cash out on this situation..**shrugs**

                          i just hope the posters realize that teams will say what they want to say just so they can look to benefit from it..

                          any team that is looking to add a QB with Cutler's talent will show tremendous support towards Cutler.. im just hoping that McD can figure this out and keep him here..
                          sigpic

                          sig by B4B6..

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by saltybuggah View Post
                            i beginning to HATE all these rumor threads... not directed at the OP just a general thing..

                            seriously rumors and speculations are just that.. sure some coaches think that Cutler and McD situation is overblown.. (these are probably teams that arent looking to get Culter) then some coaches think its a done deal Culter will be gone (teams that actively want Cutler)..

                            its the media game..

                            i hope that Culter will play here for the remainder of his career in the NFL, so long as he WANTS to be here... this whole thing stinks of just getting a new fat contract, but heck who wouldnt want to try if a door a appeared open and you were told that you could possibly cash out on this situation..**shrugs**

                            i just hope the posters realize that teams will say what they want to say just so they can look to benefit from it..

                            any team that is looking to add a QB with Cutler's talent will show tremendous support towards Cutler.. im just hoping that McD can figure this out and keep him here..
                            I agree 100% and I am not offended at all.

                            I truly think all the crap going on with this team has been blown up by the media and made out to be a lot worse than it is. Its the offseason....and they need to MAKE these things happen to stay in business.

                            But that's why I tried posting a couple "rumor" threads that at least show the other sides... (Scheff might not get traded, and Cutler might stay)

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Accordngs View Post
                              I agree 100% and I am not offended at all.

                              I truly think all the crap going on with this team has been blown up by the media and made out to be a lot worse than it is. Its the offseason....and they need to MAKE these things happen to stay in business.

                              But that's why I tried posting a couple "rumor" threads that at least show the other sides... (Scheff might not get traded, and Cutler might stay)
                              i know why you posted what you did..

                              i would of cp's ya but i gotta spread..

                              i just like how some people get overblown about these speculations and rumors...

                              they are all just that..

                              THE FACTS ARE

                              McD is the head coach and Jay Cutler is still our starting QB.. this could very well all blow over and/or we could trade Culter away and pick others up...

                              all in all some posters look at these rumors and speculations and think they are the truth

                              keep doing what you do accordngs
                              sigpic

                              sig by B4B6..

                              Comment


                              • My point is would be without fear and just respect....

                                Theses are grown men and they have been through this their whole life and I don't see them fearing anything or anyone...I would hope they just respect their coaches and not fear them...I do get your point...

                                They can Win and their relationship will be fine once they Win, just like make up SEX....Your pissed and ready to Chris Brown her and then BAM --Make up Sex
                                We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of


                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X