McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lilrush View Post
    And the QB didn't have anything to do with Denver needing late game heriocs? Cutler was great times last year, and at times he completely disappeared. People need to keep a little perspective.
    No more than any other QB does, Cutler had three Int's in those four wins, including one Pick6.

However, he did throw for an average of 346 per game with a total of 11 TD's while completing 69% of his passes.......in those four wins.......

Comment

• Originally posted by stnzed View Post
      No more than any other QB does, Cutler had three Int's in those four wins, including one Pick6.

However, he did throw for an average of 346 per game with a total of 11 TD's while completing 69% of his passes.......in those four wins.......
      Damn... I think that ends that discussion

Comment

• Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
        No doubt that Shanahan was/is a great coach. But he spent a decade without being able to emulate his earlier success. Things were not working. It was time for a change. Give McDaniels a chance. Allow him to show what the new Broncos will be able to do on the football field before asking for his head.
        Never denied that. But you were trying to make a point that McDaniels has proved something because he was the OC in NE and Shanahan was given his 'walking papers.'

Winning as a OC doesn't prove squat until he can translate that into being a HC with success.

Right now.. I personally would choose to trade away the coach rather than the QB. Because the odds are that McDaniels lasts 2-3 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco Fan 4 Life View Post
          so what if he was, he has been coaching cassel, and cassel knows his system, i understand why he thought about it. I would
          If Doogie can't get a QB as smart and talented as Cutler to "Know" his system, then Doogie isn't worth the paper his paycheck is printed on.......

Comment

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
            We beat three of those four teams because of late-game heroics from Cutler. Without Cutler, they blow us out.
            you also got blown the f out by 3 of those teams as well....with cutler

true story
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sicarious View Post
              PAT BOWLEN DENIES TRADE RUMOR

AP March 22, 2009
              Inside sources have revealed that Pat Bowlen, owner of the Denver Broncos has been trying to trade his head coach Josh McDaniels at the NFL owners meetings being held at St Regis Resort in Dana Point Ca. “Nobody wants him” said Al Davis, owner of the Oakland Raiders. “I can’t find anyone who wants to work for me and I wouldn’t take him” Davis was quoted as saying. News of Davis’s comments were devastating to Bowlen who had held out hope of acquiring Oaklands coach Tom Cable. “I tried to trade with every team here” said Bowlen. No one wants Josh McDaniels. When Bowlen was asked if he now regretted firing former coach and future Hall of Famer Mike Shanahan, Bowlen replied, “Did I tell him he was fired? I do not remember that conversation. I might have had it but I do not remember. I am getting a little old”
              ROTF!! Good stuff!

-----

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                you also got blown the f out by 3 of those teams as well....with cutler

true story
                That's a great point, thanks for bringing the defense into the discussion, cp coming.......

Comment

• Broncos not yet willing to deal Cutler.

The buzz among insiders is that the Lions might not get a shot at Jay Cutler
                  by Tom Kowalski | Opinion
                  Sunday March 22, 2009, 6:36 PM

DANA POINT, Calif. -- Based strictly on the talk among league media and personnel types at the owners' meetings, it appears the Denver Broncos will continue their efforts to mend fences with disgruntled quarterback Jay Cutler before they entertain any serious trade talks. The Detroit Lions are believed to be among 10 teams interested in dealing for Cutler. Those close to the situation say the Broncos are still trying to work out another meeting between Cutler and team officials.

Comment

• Originally posted by ramanboy33 View Post
                    Cutler agreed to play for the Denver Broncos for six years in exchange for 48 million dollars. If Pat Bowlen or Coach McDaniels asks Jay to wipe their ass, then he should gladly do it and thank them for allowing him to do so.

I say keep Cutler on the team but bench his ass for the season and make him play special teams. 1.95 million of his 2009 salary comes if he finished in the top 5 in any major passing category and another 4 million of his 2009 salary comes if he take 70% of the teams snaps. We'd have a great backup QB, and taking 6 million dollars out of his pocket might instill some humility and help this little boy grow up.
                    Will you pay $200 a game and sit in 30 degree weather to fill that stadium while McDaniels acts out his Testosterone Challenge on Jay's career?

I didn't think so.

Nexxxxxxxxxt.............................

Comment

• Denver is playing hardball. Cutler is not going anywhere. Denver won't let him get his way. Ladies and gentlemen the quarterback of the Denver Broncos will be Jay Cutler, whether he wants to be or not.
                      sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

• Originally posted by shawny View Post

DANA POINT, Calif. -- Based strictly on the talk among league media and personnel types at the owners' meetings, it appears the Denver Broncos will continue their efforts to mend fences with disgruntled quarterback Jay Cutler before they entertain any serious trade talks. The Detroit Lions are believed to be among 10 teams interested in dealing for Cutler. Those close to the situation say the Broncos are still trying to work out another meeting between Cutler and team officials.
                        I hope like hell that this proves to be true.

Comment

• Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                          That's a great point, thanks for bringing the defense into the discussion, cp coming.......
                          now it's the D's fault cutler could only manage an avg of under 20 points vs sd kc and oakland in his 3 losses to them?

face it, cutler is a big part of why the D got saddled with alot of free points, given up by cutler on turnovers

but his little cult members can't admit to it

probably never will, even if denver dumps the overrated POS
                          sigpic

Comment

• Eeveryone seems to have some "insider" information - most of it's bogus. I hope this is accurate though - I want this situation to get fixed, not traded away.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawny View Post

Interesting.

I guess someone finally crawled out of the cave long enough to turn on a TV and see how unbelievably foolish they are looking to the rest of the USA.

Go figure.....

Comment

• Goood.... this is the way it should be.

Comment

Working...
                                X