McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shawny View Post
    The buzz among insiders is that the Lions might not get a shot at Jay Cutler
    by Tom Kowalski | Opinion
    Sunday March 22, 2009, 6:36 PM

DANA POINT, Calif. -- Based strictly on the talk among league media and personnel types at the owners' meetings, it appears the Denver Broncos will continue their efforts to mend fences with disgruntled quarterback Jay Cutler before they entertain any serious trade talks. The Detroit Lions are believed to be among 10 teams interested in dealing for Cutler. Those close to the situation say the Broncos are still trying to work out another meeting between Cutler and team officials.
    Notice how it says "Opinion". This is just speculation like every other thread about this topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by I Hate SD Alot View Post
      Denver is playing hardball. Cutler is not going anywhere. Denver won't let him get his way. Ladies and gentlemen the quarterback of the Denver Broncos will be Jay Cutler, whether he wants to be or not.
      I really hope your right because this is what I have been praying on. Cutler needs to stay in Denver:cutler:
      Don't Panic!

Comment

Denver is playing hardball. Cutler is not going anywhere. Denver won't let him get his way. Ladies and gentlemen the quarterback of the Denver Broncos will be Jay Cutler, whether he wants to be or not.
        From your mouth to gods ears.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
          I think you are right. But I dont' think it has ANYTHING to do with money, and entirely on trust and respect.

Its funny. At the pro-bowl in Jay's interview, he said he was excited to work with Josh and to get to know him, and establish the trust between them. I remember this now, because at the time I heard it I thought it was interesting that Jay used 'trust' in that interview.

I think its something Jay values, a lot. We all know Jay is very upfront and honest. Some say too much so, and to a fault. So it seems to me, thats what Jay is....upfront and honest. He expects everyone around him, his friends, family and teammates.... to be the same. Trust and honesty is important to him. As soon as that was busted... it will take time for Jay to ever trust again.

Even Shannon Sharpe said he had a hard time ever trusting Shanahan again. So I don't think it has to do with money at all, and purely trust. He doesn't want to go to work everyday feelign as though he isn't wanted, but purely "settled for." NO ONE wants to be settled for.

So hopefully Jay, after some time here, is able to let them work it out. But I do think Jay shows up for anything and everythign mandatory.. and expect him to put everything forth on the field that we have seen from him in the past. He won't screw his teammates by not. That would mean HE would be the untrustworthy one in THEIR eyes, and I don't think Jay would have that for a moment.
          Ravage,

I've been on Jay's side through most of this for the simple fact that I like watching him play for my Broncos and don't want to see him firing the pigskin for anyone else and IMO it's stupid to try and trade him. However, I've never been a GM or HC. Pop Warner wouldn't even take me.

With that said, I do believe this issue is about money at some level. Bus Cook is a sneaky liar. I think those reports of Cook using the Cutler vs. Broncos angle to appeal to next years QB class are spot on. So, in a round about way this may just be about money.

Comment

Wrong, they are trying to show the Bronco fans they want him to save face. Cutler will be gone before or leading up to the NFL Draft.

Comment

• BS wins...thanks guys

I had a feeling none of that was true. Shanny wouldnt have put up with any crap, so I really tended not to believe Cutler was a cancer. The one variable in this equation? McD

apoc- I lived in RI for a year too, Pat fans are so bad, esp when they start winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stiffy View Post
                Cutler totally has the upper hand, as evidenced by the interest his services have drawn as a result of this drama.

Say the Broncos force him to play out his contract, he could pull an Anquan Boldin and vow to never resign with the team. That means that McDaniels would spend two years building a contender, only to have to start all over when Cutler signs with someone else after his contract expires.
                Sure theres interest in jay, but are the offers enough for him. Are the Broncos getting low balled? We just don't know.

What I'm hoping will happen is that after a great year theres going to be enough for cutler to stay and play in Denver. If not then there might be time to get a young qb to practice behind jay until his contract expires. I for one don't want to have jay traded away.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post
                  Those analyst who say Cutler shouldn't be mad about anything and just play football are wrong. Now that Mcdaniels has put his foot in his mouth and tried to trade him, Cutler has every reason now to try and get more money. Now in Cutler mind he realizes that nothing is guaranteed. So now the Broncos have to pay for their mistake.
                  Great thread, great post...finally someone seeing the truth here. If you really love me show me the money!

Comment

• Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7 View Post
                    This is awesome news. But look at this logic, just for the hell of it...

Cutler was upset after two meetings with McDaniels because he felt that the Broncos still wanted to trade him. So he demanded a trade, and after that, McDaniels denied the request for him to be traded.

Like wow.

Honestly, I'm not trying to stir the pot up at all, but how can you blame McDaniels with this? I realize that he "tried" to "trade" Cutler initially, but things have completely blown out of proportion and I think Cutler has been brainwashed by his crooked agent. It's stupid.

It's a weird situation anyway that you slice it. And no one knows the TRUE story behind this all.

Hopefully, however, it's resolved in a mature, adult, professional manner.
                    "Brainwashed">???? Interesting term, and one they use quite frequently at moveon.org I might add.

So I take it you believe that Bus Cook ties Jay up and drops water on his forehead?

Or maybe waterboarding is all the fad in Nashville?

Oh wait....I get it. Bus uses subliminal tapes on Jay.

Having been a member of the military intel community for a good number of highly classified years, I still can't help but laugh when I see amatuers using that word.

"They were so brainwashed, duuuuuuuude....it's like for real, for sure, man....dude.....man. Wow....this is really good stuff, man."

ROFL!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by thehoot79 View Post
                      You don't throw more money at an employee who is pissing and moaning and making the situation worse. You put them in their place and if they don't agree, they can go away. NFL is no different then any other business.
                      Sure it isn't.....(giggles)

Comment

• Originally posted by elecshoc View Post
                        Nope, the rest of the league.

Before this fiasco Jay was seen as good qb with a great arm. His cons where his attitude (the sulking) and lack of interest in studing film. Now it seems his attitude has got the best of him. I'm not saying what mcd did was right or jay should just ingnore the situation, but battling it out in the media and over the phone is not the best way to handle it. Cook is apart of this mess also.

If I'm a gm or a coach you have to take this into consideration. If we take him in, is his going to bale as soon as his feelings get hurt? Is he going to drag the name of the fanchise through the mud first. We all know his abilities as a football player, but its the intangibles that make a good player great. Right now we're all seeing some of what jay is made off.

I'm not saying jay is just an average player or we should just trade him for nothing. But all these things are going to weigh in the the offers for him. Maybe we haven't recieved an offer that the broncos have considered to be enough? When we do trade him is he going to get the contract that he thinks he should get? What if they don't offer him enough then what? If he signs with another team, is the team going to have to walk on egg shells? Are they going to have to keep jay happy at all cost? Just some of the questions I would have.

FYI I'm hoping we'll see jay in a Broncos jersey tearing apart the Chargers d.
                        No, dude....you did no such thing. You completely ignored my point. Teams are offerring two #1's and a QB and the FO is still saying "no".

What about those facts can't you grasp?

Comment

• Originally posted by ramanboy33 View Post
                          Cutler agreed to play for the Denver Broncos for six years in exchange for 48 million dollars. If Pat Bowlen or Coach McDaniels asks Jay to wipe their ass, then he should gladly do it and thank them for allowing him to do so.

I say keep Cutler on the team but bench his ass for the season and make him play special teams. 1.95 million of his 2009 salary comes if he finished in the top 5 in any major passing category and another 4 million of his 2009 salary comes if he take 70% of the teams snaps. We'd have a great backup QB, and taking 6 million dollars out of his pocket might instill some humility and help this little boy grow up.
                          Since Cutler says that he will attend the mandatory workouts and training camp, you don't go out of your way to humiliate him by benching him. Right now there is little incentive to trade him. It appears that he is going to take the Anquan Boldin approach to this little tantrum of his. Why not keep him and start him if he's going to play?
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronks Fan View Post
                            Eeveryone seems to have some "insider" information - most of it's bogus. I hope this is accurate though - I want this situation to get fixed, not traded away.
                            Well said ! I've had it with all the inside information.I think few really know what is going on.Too many reporters trying to make a buck at others expense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Tyger View Post
                              "Brainwashed">???? Interesting term, and one they use quite frequently at moveon.org I might add.

So I take it you believe that Bus Cook ties Jay up and drops water on his forehead?

Or maybe waterboarding is all the fad in Nashville?

Oh wait....I get it. Bus uses subliminal tapes on Jay.

Having been a member of the military intel community for a good number of highly classified years, I still can't help but laugh when I see amatuers using that word.

"They were so brainwashed, duuuuuuuude....it's like for real, for sure, man....dude.....man. Wow....this is really good stuff, man."

ROFL!!!
                              I would be happy if Cook kept his mouth shut

Comment

• Article

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...0,12950.column

Comment

Working...
                                X