Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • see ya dude

    Comment


    • Originally posted by troylightfoot View Post
      once again you are assuming things with no proof.
      Proof is one thing. Common logical sense about situations and its consequences matter.

      Does it really matter if u really know if McD did that or not?

      Fact is, Cutler, our Franchise QB isn't happy and the relationship between QB/Coach is critical. If McD were competent, he would've handled it better

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SeekandDestroy View Post
        if jay is the man i think he is he will come to terms with the REAL buisness of the deal and realize that it was just his new, agressive coach doing his best by trying to make his team better!!! This is a not just a sport but also a cutthroat business, until everyone realizes this, espesially everyone on this message board realizes this, the better!
        wow intelligence! it can be found on this board! cp

        Comment


        • Originally posted by AyanBronco View Post
          Thing is, when your defense plays that poorly, your offense doesn't get many opportunities to get on the field; hence the lack of points. HOW many times did we jump into a game and score the first three drives?

          No#2 offense +29th defense makes us average. 8-8

          Mike Shanahan made due with Marshall/Royal/Stokely/Sheffler/Graham. How many more freakin receiving threads do we need?!

          Don't even mention 7 RBs going to IR
          We can only speculate that Royal can play as well against the Raiders wo Marshall as he did in week 1 ... How would he look going against the same double coverage that Marshall gets .... No speculation needed Stokely can not play anything but slot .....

          ok going back a few months .... Marshall gets hurt and is out for the year .... You feel comfortable with Glenn Martinez and Djax as the starting 1 and 2 WR .... I know I dont but that is only part of the story....but should be plenty enough reason why the Broncos went after WR in the FA market...
          :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

          Comment


          • Originally posted by SeekandDestroy View Post
            if jay is the man i think he is he will come to terms with the REAL buisness of the deal and realize that it was just his new, agressive coach doing his best by trying to make his team better!!! This is a not just a sport but also a cutthroat business, until everyone realizes this, espesially everyone on this message board realizes this, the better!
            ALl coaches try to make the team better. Question is, can they do it?

            Pissing your franchise QB isn't making the team better.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
              We can only speculate that Royal can play as well against the Raiders wo Marshall as he did in week 1 ... How would he look going against the same double coverage that Marshall gets .... No speculation needed Stokely can not play anything but slot .....

              ok going back a few months .... Marshall gets hurt and is out for the year .... You feel comfortable with Glenn Martinez and Djax as the starting 1 and 2 WR .... I know I dont but that is only part of the story....but should be plenty enough reason why the Broncos went after WR in the FA market...
              This is exactly what made Shanahan great. He didn't need to stack depth at WR and still produced the No2 offense.

              We had threats in Marsh/Royal/Stokes/Sheffler/Graham/ and pass catching RBs.

              The offense doesn't need to hinge on the health of star WRs. And from my understanding, Royal did exceptionally well even after he received more attention from the secondary as the season progressed.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                Because these teams are desperate.

                The Lions story is obvious. They just want to win ONE game.

                The Bucs have cleaned house and look to find a younger QB that is worth something.

                So having these two contact us is not surprising but to have them both even think we would be wanting to trade Jay is a bit surprising but...

                We have a new Coach. Our own cleaning house is going on. We are also a losing team looking to regain status in the league so in one way it does make some sense to me. Come on. Think about it. We fire Shanny and start a 'rebuilding' process. So who are we, or they, to know what exactly is on the Broncos front offices' minds? Huh?

                They approached a team (us) in turmoil grabbing straws. Hoping to hook us into who knows what?

                Everyone is ready to throw McD under the bus over all of this but do we REALLY know what happened?

                Jay obviously was floored by it all and it's evident in the interviews. But even McD plainly stated that we "had no plans to trade Jay because he is our QB"

                So is this a media BS story making scenario?
                Great post!


                I agree with Cutler that teams don't randomly call other teams and ask to trade for their franchise QB. But that is what I think happened this time, because of McD relationship with Cassel. I don't think McD was "dangeling" Cutler.

                I think that the Bucs and the Lions figuered it was a long shot but MAYBE the Broncos would go for such a trade because McD and Cassels history in NE. And they were on to something, obviously McD considered the trade, but in the end decided against it.

                McD came to the same conclusion we have - Cutler is better than Cassel, so he turned down the deal.

                I agree it could have been handled more delicate and that Cutler should have gotten involved earlier and not be on the outside looking in. I have no idea if McD and Cutler have discussed this yet, but for Cutler to "wanting out of Denver" over this seems very "news story" to me.

                I also agree with Cugel that now that Cassel is with the Chiefs the trade talks with Cutler are over.

                This was a matter of McD thinking about hooking up with Cassel again, not about McD not wanting Cutler.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
                  The fact that our offense was rated #2 is so overrated. I don't remember it ever translating to the score when it mattered most.
                  Having 7 RB's in the IR and defenses always expecting the pass probably helped with that.


                  Comment


                  • your mom doesn't make sense

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by AyanBronco View Post
                      This is exactly what made Shanahan great. He didn't need to stack depth at WR and still produced the No2 offense.

                      We had threats in Marsh/Royal/Stokes/Sheffler/Graham/ and pass catching RBs.

                      The offense doesn't need to hinge on the health of star WRs. And from my understanding, Royal did exceptionally well even after he received more attention from the secondary as the season progressed.
                      That being said dont you think its better to take the time to see how things work out instead of throwing up your hands and running to the hills .... Shanahan was is great no doubt and I bet the Broncos would have done the same thing and brought in WR during FA as well no different...
                      :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Aija View Post
                        And a snake. He learned from the best.
                        I agree. He's lying out his ass everyone. Do you honestly think he's going to say... "YAH GUYS... ummm MY BAD! I tried to trade for Cassel but it didn't work out because KC and NE already had an agreement by the time we gave our OK! Again though everyone, MY BAD!"

                        He's going to say the same typical stuff practically all the snake politicians do any "no comment," or "yes we love Jay, he is our QB."


                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dluvan View Post
                          I became a bronco fan because of john elway.... when he left i slowly drifted away now i see another GREAT potential in jay cutler playing on the same team i love...if he leaves... i will finally have a second team to cheer for.. and maybe, sooner or later convert that team to my number one.....hollaaaaaaaaaaa....dtown??

                          ps... ensp if mcd is still the coach...i kno this is his great idea and there will be no excuse for his stupidity if cutler leaves... amen
                          GET OUT NOW WE DO NOT WANT YOU, I HEARD THE COWBOYS NEED SOMEMORE FANS, IF YOUR NOT BRONCOS FOR LIFE PISS OFF

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by stickyicky420 View Post
                            GET OUT NOW WE DO NOT WANT YOU, I HEARD THE COWBOYS NEED SOMEMORE FANS, IF YOUR NOT BRONCOS FOR LIFE PISS OFF
                            !? So what about you ?
                            :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

                            Comment


                            • Maybe we can finally lose some of these bandwagon fans we picked up during the superbowl years. BRONCOS FAN UNTIL THEY PUT ME IN THE GROUND

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
                                That being said dont you think its better to take the time to see how things work out instead of throwing up your hands and running to the hills .... Shanahan was is great no doubt and I bet the Broncos would have done the same thing and brought in WR during FA as well no different...
                                You don't make any sense, who is running to the hills?

                                Read the thread title.. Point is, two RBs, two WRs, longsnapper, and the prospect of trading Jay Cutler doesn't attribute to our defensive needs as we had the No#2 offense with 10/11 offensive starters Shanny left us with.

                                Shanny doesn't really stack up on WRs because he knows how to mismatch with his two great TE's.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X