No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slowly but surely this situation is resolving itself.

The two sides are talking. Hearing from both, it seems they understand that, for at least 2009, they need to try to make it work.

I'm glad to hear McDaniels acknowledge that Cutler is a good player and that he's committed to him as long as Cutler is committed to the Broncos.

Now Cutler needs to do the right thing and meet with McD one-on-one. Cutler doesn't have to like McD. He just has to execute the plays he calls.
    Last edited by mojo0730; 03-24-2009, 01:31 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• 4) vertically striped socks......check.

Maybe there is something to that story about Colorado residents being blind drunk most of the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
        Slowly but surely this situation is resolving itself.

The two sides are talking. Hearing from both, it seems they understand that, for at least 2009, they need to try to make it work.

I'm glad to here McDaniels acknowledge that Cutler is a good player and that he's committed to him as long as Cutler is committed to the Broncos.

Now Cutler needs to do the right thing and meet with McD one-on-one. Cutler doesn't have to like McD. He just has to execute the plays he calls.
        Hey Mojo! I'm glad to see we can agree on this one!

Comment

• Welcome to modern day life on the interwebz,

where every bit of minutiae is hashed, re-hashed, analyzed, hashed again, discussed, re-hashed then hashed, argued, and name called about

If a made up troll thread about Shanahan becoming the HC of the Cheifs can get to over 50 pages, it's no surprise an in-depth discussion on whether text messaging is an adequate and accepted form of communication in the NFL reaching 8 pages should really cause no surprise at all

Comment

I'm glad to here McDaniels acknowledge that Cutler is a good player and that he's committed to him as long as Cutler is committed to the Broncos.

when does the make up sex fit into this mix.. **shudders**
            sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

• Originally posted by TXBRONC View Post
              Well this at least suggest that there was response.
              I'm not sure why you are reading a response into this report.

I hope they are talking to each other and can work through this mess quickly so they can focus on strengthening the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by saltybuggah View Post
                when does the make up sex fit into this mix.. **shudders**
                I think this is more appropriate for the 49ers thread!

Comment

• Originally posted by eabort View Post
                  I'm not sure why you are reading a response into this report.

I hope they are talking to each other and can work through this mess quickly so they can focus on strengthening the team.
                  Well, I think there's a difference between 'I've attempted to contact Jay' and 'I've been in contact with Jay'. The latter is stated in this article, therefore I think the logical conclusion is that he has actually contacted Jay Cutler.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TXBRONC View Post
                    Well this at least suggest that there was response.
                    That was a very good find, TX. Thanks.

-----

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadow7ax View Post
                      I hope someone kidnaps Bus Cook and locks him in a room till all this is over.
                      Amen to that !!

Comment

I'm glad to hear McDaniels acknowledge that Cutler is a good player and that he's committed to him as long as Cutler is committed to the Broncos.

Glad to hear that from you.

Comment

Well, I think there's a difference between 'I've attempted to contact Jay' and 'I've been in contact with Jay'. The latter is stated in this article, therefore I think the logical conclusion is that he has actually contacted Jay Cutler.
                          There is a difference in the two statements and it is true that the second is being used. However, to say that being "in contact" means that a response was issued is reading into the statement.

BTW, I think you mean to convey the idea of "common sense" and not "logical conclusion." Am I understanding you correctly?

Comment

I dont care if they go home after work and throw darts at each others pictures and journal about how much they hate one another if they can win football games together....
                            sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

I'm glad to hear McDaniels acknowledge that Cutler is a "good player" and that he's committed to him as long as Cutler is committed to the Broncos.

This is all on Jay Cutler, I agree, if this is going to work it'll take somebody doing a little more than sending a text message, I don't think Doogie knows how to fix this other than to put the ball in Cutler's court.

And although Doogie is acknowledging that Cutler is a good player (Gimme a break, btw) it's obvious he wanted Cassell instead.......Cutler is better in every way possible, trading Cutler for Cassell does not ".......improve their team significantly".

This is what I mean when I say Doogie doesn't have it in him to fix this, he back-handed Cutler while publicly reaching out to him, this is Pre-teen Girl cat-fighting 101.......hopefully Cutler realizes that Doogie just doesn't know how to say and do what needs to be said and done.

I wonder if this is why Doogie thinks the meetings/conference calls are going well but Cutler does not, Doogie's is trying to say the right things but his message is clear......."We want you, but it sure would have been nice to land Cassell".......no player wants to hear that, especially a Franchise QB from a coach that knows nothing about this team.

Cutler just needs to realize that Doogie may be coaching the Broncos but his heart is still in New England, he needs to give him another chance.......come in and run Doogie's system like no other, especially against the Chefs, and prove that Doogie doesn't know what he's got.

Cutler swallows his pride but shows that he is the bigger man and proves his point.......Doogie gets credit for pushing Cutler to new heights while showing his new team that he means business (which, btw, is the only thing I like about Doogie's mistake, so far).......it's all on Cutler to do what it takes for everybody involved to save face.......that's if it's not already too late.

On the other hand, it's all on Doogie to show Cutler that it's not too late, he could start by selling him on the notion that it's beneficial for both if this gets resolved. But Cutler may be the only one with the power to fix this.

Btw, a text message is not an Olive Branch, it's a text message.......

Comment

• Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                                This is all on Jay Cutler, I agree, if this is going to work it'll take somebody doing a little more than sending a text message, I don't think Doogie knows how to fix this other than to put the ball in Cutler's court.

And although Doogie is acknowledging that Cutler is a good player (Gimme a break, btw) it's obvious he wanted Cassell instead.......Cutler is better in every way possible, trading Cutler for Cassell does not ".......improve their team significantly".

This is what I mean when I say Doogie doesn't have it in him to fix this, he back-handed Cutler while publicly reaching out to him, this is Pre-teen Girl cat-fighting 101.......hopefully Cutler realizes that Doogie just doesn't know how to say and do what needs to be said and done.

I wonder if this is why Doogie thinks the meetings/conference calls are going well but Cutler does not, Doogie's is trying to say the right things but his message is clear......."We want you, but it sure would have been nice to land Cassell".......no player wants to hear that, especially a Franchise QB from a coach that knows nothing about this team.

Cutler just needs to realize that Doogie may be coaching the Broncos but his heart is still in New England, he needs to give him another chance.......come in and run Doogie's system like no other, especially against the Chefs, and prove that Doogie doesn't know what he's got.

Cutler swallows his pride but shows that he is the bigger man and proves his point.......Doogie gets credit for pushing Cutler to new heights while showing his new team that he means business (which, btw, is the only thing I like about Doogie's mistake, so far).......it's all on Cutler to do what it takes for everybody involved to save face.......that's if it's not already too late.

On the other hand, it's all on Doogie to show Cutler that it's not too late, he could start by selling him on the notion that it's beneficial for both if this gets resolved. But Cutler may be the only one with the power to fix this.

Btw, a text message is not an Olive Branch, it's a text message.......
                                I won't disagree with anything here, especially about the text message - a point I made in the other thread.

Whatever the case, I think it's clear the Broncos won't deal Jay unless Jay makes things difficult (i.e. holding out). And Jay has already stated he will appear at all the mandatory stuff.

I agree that for whatever reason, McD can't communicate with Jay very well. That's why I think you're seeing him handle the situation like he has been, and why he's now basically putting it in Jay's hands.

Ultimately, Cutler will realize that the Broncos aren't going to deal him, and he doesn't want to violate his contract. Like you said - he just needs to show up and play like you and I and others know he's capable of playing. Show McDaniels and other critics that he's a legitimate quarterback who can run any offense.

But at the very least, it appears that the Broncos are understanding they can't go into 2009 without Cutler. He's the best quarterback that's going to be available to them for the foreseeable future, and I'll go as far as to say that they won't find another quarterback as good or talented as Cutler is.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X