Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    Thank you.

    I'm amazed that people around here still believe that 1 playoff win, 1 division championship, and 4 playoff appearance blowouts, means "awesomeness" in the NFL.
    You guys are missing my point. I am agreeing with you here.

    What Bowlen did, instead of changing things to fix the main problem, was ensure more of the same. The only difference is this HC has less experience.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by pitnlala View Post
      You guys are missing my point. I am agreeing with you here.

      What Bowlen did, instead of changing things to fix the main problem, was ensure more of the same. The only difference is this HC has less experience.
      McD doesnt have full control, actually Xanders has final say in all personnel decesions. So saying its the same thing we had except younger is far from the truth.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
        Thank you.

        I'm amazed that people around here still believe that 1 playoff win, 1 division championship, and 4 playoff appearance blowouts, means "awesomeness" in the NFL.
        Originally posted by MileHighInNY View Post
        I really don't think that Shanahan's authority was the biggest problem in and of itself; the problem was that he had too much control PLUS had failed to make any significant modifications to his football philosophy for a decade. The game had passed him by a little bit, and since he had SO much power, there was nobody else to check him and advocate changes. No way McDaniels has that much power at this point. Shanny had final say on every single decision.

        What McD said doesn't mean he has that power. I think it's a signal of a healthy organization when any personnel decisions would be checked through the; I'd be wary of a team where personnel decisions were made without the head coach's input. That doesn't mean that the head coach has final say, but it's good that he has a voice in the matter. That's way different than what Shanahan enjoyed, which was basically total control over every move the franchise made.
        If you think that McD has any less control than Shanny did you aren't paying attention IMO (or the opinion of any sports journalist in town).

        The point is that Bowlen has let the HC run the show for so long, and the model hasnt worked for over a decade now. He promissed things would change, and it looks like we'll get more of the same. I dont want ten more years like the last ten.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
          Would you prefer he be over involved like Crazy Uncle Al? At least he's bringing in new and young ideas and letting them try ther hand. It may cost us in the imediate future... but the players and coaches stay the same age while Pat get's older.
          How about a proven GM that has an eye for talent and knows how to manage an organization and build a team? Oh wait, we let KC hire the best one available, and let Green Bay hire another.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by stnzed View Post
            Nothing says "NFL Head Coach" like a text message, this isn't a high school recruit, this could make or break Doogie's era in Denver.......
            He had to try somthing, every other means of communication were failing. He is trying to reach out to him in one way or another.

            You know darn well that Cutler got the text, the fact that he is still ignoring everything shows me that Jay has a lot of maturing yet to do. I heard Jim Rome say it best this morning....... " Not answering a text back is the equivalent of a digital middle finger, it's like throwing your hand up for a high five and the person just walks away."

            Grow up Jay, you said it yourself " I play for my players not my coaches" get your butt in there and play for your teammates!!!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by StugotsII View Post
              You mean like the last ten years?
              Reading comprehension anyone?
              Quoted from my original post: "...Shannahan's last ten years here"

              Exactly. We are set up to get more of the same.

              Comment


              • The Real Story..Too much alcohol, not enough smarts

                Well, it does sound as if McD pushed for a trade a little harder than he admitted to Jay. But the reasons behind it? wow....sure doesn't sound like Josh thinks much of Cutlers football smarts....nor his apparent love of alcohol.

                I'm guessing that alcohol and diabetes probably don't mix very well.

                http://community.kdvr.com/_Source-Se...idgetId=161804

                Comment


                • Time for Jay to state his position

                  Regardless of he said she said that has gone on for the last few weeks. The Broncos organization through McD has said they want him to be the quarterback. He needs to go public with either I am ready to talk and work things out, there is no way I will ever play for this guy so they can trade me or pay me to ride the bench. Time for Jay to commit one way or the other.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by oldster View Post
                    Regardless of he said she said that has gone on for the last few weeks. The Broncos organization through McD has said they want him to be the quarterback. He needs to go public with either I am ready to talk and work things out, there is no way I will ever play for this guy so they can trade me or pay me to ride the bench. Time for Jay to commit one way or the other.
                    Well, by virtually staying silent, he is making his statement. He's saying that he still wants a trade and still doesn't trust McDaniel's.

                    Comment


                    • An interesting read but I can't get too wound up about an article citing nothing but sources.

                      Comment


                      • Wow...talk about trying to add gasoline to a fire.

                        I dont like her much on TV, but check out this blurb from Fox and you will see she typically has pretty reliable info:

                        "FOX 31 Sports in Denver, Colorado. She has broken numerous local and national sports stories including: the multiple positive tests for water pills in the NFL under the steroid policy; the tragic passing of Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams and Broncos running back Damien Nash; failed drug tests involving both NFL running backs Ricky Williams and Travis Henry; a season-ending injury to Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson; the releasing of Dre Bly by the Broncos and Tatum Bell by the Lions; signings by Lamont Jordan with the Broncos, Javon Walker with the Raiders, James Butler with the Rams, and Nick Ferguson with the Texans; and a year's suspension for Buffalo Bills defensive end Anthony Hargrove to name a few.

                        Josina has conducted numerous local television exclusives. She interviewed Broncos Brandon Marshall and Marcus Thomas following their highly publicized arrests, Josh McDaniels’ father Thom the day his son was officially introduced as the head coach of the Denver Broncos via satellite, and had emotional sit-downs with both Darrent Williams' mother and friend Brandon Flowers who survived the violent limo shooting that fateful night."
                        Last edited by pitnlala; 03-24-2009, 04:40 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jvw View Post
                          Well, by virtually staying silent, he is making his statement. He's saying that he still wants a trade and still doesn't trust McDaniel's.
                          You could be right, guess it's just to difficult to verbalize it.

                          Comment


                          • No offense to you Go_Bolts, but that entire story is crap. How many of these bogus "sources" have we already heard from. And the whole "Cutler isn't smart enough" thing is a friggin joke. He takes chances yes, has too much faith in his arm yes, but intelligence is not a weakness of his, maybe of the writer of that article, but of Jays.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by pitnlala View Post
                              If you think that McD has any less control than Shanny did you aren't paying attention IMO (or the opinion of any sports journalist in town).

                              The point is that Bowlen has let the HC run the show for so long, and the model hasnt worked for over a decade now. He promissed things would change, and it looks like we'll get more of the same. I dont want ten more years like the last ten.
                              He hired a coach that wants to build a strong foundation in all 3 aspects of a team, offense, defense, special teams.

                              I'd say that right there is an immediate step in the right direction.

                              Comment


                              • i think a new contract would be a good start, hes only due 1.5 mil, so we could do much better,and it might convince cutler its time to start over with a clean slate, new big contact.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X