No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you feelings about McD now poll.

I thought the Bronco brass need to know how the fans are taking this, so I setup a poll.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

• Originally posted by stickyicky420 View Post
      I posted similar sentiments like this earlier and got thrashed, the cream of the broncos fan are really rising to the top now, 0-16 no Cutler no Mcdaniels i am still a broncos fan, wake up people the kid has talent but it is never good when you have a star player as vocal in the media as Cutler is.
      It is nice to see someone who has been posting here for awhile have the same ideas as me. Been posting since 05 and Bronco Fan for life. Keep it up. It seems like the older Posters have a better understanding of patience and don't go off the handle as much. Maybe it is because we have been through a few battles with our team. Great Job.

Comment

• I think he is trying to get a winning football team here again. Who knows maybe he is trying to piss off Cutler to see if he can get a raise out of him and to see if cutler is capable of caring about his team and position. This might be a good thing. I still support McD

Comment

• For all you McDaniel lovers, there is no way I would want Cassell over Cutler. Cassell had success because of the system. He is a system QB and nothing more. Iam one who has been very critical of Cutler but I do recognize his talents. He has the talent to be a SB QB every year. Cassell is definitely overrated and may not be the best QB on the Chiefs!! Does this guy have a clue? Look at some of the players we have signed versus what we need? We needed defensive talent, someone who can put pressure on the QB and we get Davis, Reid, and Dawkins; Dawkins may be a good pickup but the others especially when you have persons like Canty and Bernard available?? Then you go and sign two scrub backs???? You guys don't think Jay and Josh's relationship will not be strained?? This offseason is turning out to be a complete joke from the release of Shanny to the hiring of McDaniels, and now free agency!!

Comment

• I don't see this getting fixed

McDaniels severely betrayed Jay's trust. Apparently for the past few weeks members of the front office were acting strange towards Jay, and he believes this has been in the works for weeks. McDaniels flat out lied to him for weeks, lied to the fan base in all of his interviews saying he's excited to have Jay, Bowlen also lied when he said Jay "is the guy at this point". I still don't think Jay will be traded at this point because McDaniels can't get his man crush Cassel. So training camp, pre-season, and the season will begin with tension between the starting QB and the front office/coaching staff. Not exactly what you have in mind for your first year in charge. I can already see Jay being defiant, calling his own plays, staying on the field for 4th downs when McD says get off. This is going to be next to impossible to fix. On paper I think we are getting much better, with some of our draft picks and free agents I think Nolan will actually give us a legitimate defense. I think we are at the very least a playoff team.

I just think that now that this has happened someone has to go. McDaniels can't fix this. As much as he lies now saying he never wanted to trade Jay and Jay is his guy, Cutler knows he was shopping him and there is no way to fix that. Jay is never going to be at ease now untill week 6 when the trade dead line is up. I think someone needs to go or this will get ugly. I would take Jay over McD in heart beat, somehow I think that Bowlen would lean the other way, and Jay may be gone soon.

This whole situation really infuriates me. We were off to such a great offseason. If McD and Xanders honestly think we are a better team with Cassel then I am very worried about who we've brought in because they obviously have no eye for talent. I just hope we keep Jay. McDaniels can jump off a bridge for all I care, I love the players and the team, not the coaches. Especially coaches who have been here for a month. The Broncos are Jay Cutler's team, if you're gonna mess with that, you're gonna mess with the fanbase, and your gonna drastically lower your superbowl chances.
            sigpic

Check out my NFL Draft website!

Comment

• Excellent post Cugel. Now we have to see if McDaniels is capable repairing this damaged relationship.
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Originally posted by troylightfoot View Post
                if Jay cutler left are not real Bronco fans. Players come and go but the Broncos will always be my team. Do all of us a favor and stop being fans now because we don't need fair weather non sense on here.
                I agree. Excellent Post

Comment

• Attention Broncos Country

I am just sick of people berating this team ,it was time for change your all acting like we are breaking up a dynasty, remember Cutler was Shanahans franchise qb not Mcdaniels, and it is also obvious that Cassel was Mcdaniels first choice so why fault the guy for making a decision he thought was in the best interest of the team he is being payed millions to guide.

Comment

• Originally posted by bjohnson1969 View Post
                    For all you McDaniel lovers, there is no way I would want Cassell over Cutler. Cassell had success because of the system. He is a system QB and nothing more.
                    I love reading this

'I do not care if he is the top rated QB in that system, that is our system, he could go to multiple SBs in that system...our system...but I don't want him!", yells the mob.

Don't care if you want Cassel or not...but come up with a better reason than he is a system QB when we are going to run that system.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

I am just sick of people berating this team ,it was time for change your all acting like we are breaking up a dynasty, remember Cutler was Shanahans franchise qb not Mcdaniels, and it is also obvious that Cassel was Mcdaniels first choice so why fault the guy for making a decision he thought was in the best interest of the team he is being payed millions to guide.
                      Once again I agree.

Comment

• People are acting like Mcdaniels is a secret spy for the patriots its just ridiculous Jay needs to handle this lie Jeff Garcia and Kurt Warner did with some class.

Comment

• If Detroit knows Cutler is tradeable, what do they offer next?

McD will soon realized that he may have messed this up beyond repair, so he is hoping that Detroit will give away the farm for Cutler. Question is what is the farm? And if you are Detroit do you make this happen?
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

• You don't change the qb just because you are McDaniels...especially when Cutler had a great season last year... I mean it's not like the Chiefs, who're still trying to figure it out who is their QB... We have a QB so McDaniels should focus his offensive game plan around Cutler... That's why many root for Cutler... I could care less for Cutler's backups, but for the most important player of our offense, I care a lot...
                            sigpic

Comment

So what your saying is.....

Cassel is better than Cutler? You've got to be kidding me....?

Didnt the Broncos have the #2 Offense in the league last year? What idiot would break that up.

It would be like 2 years ago if lets say Jason Garrett had taken over the Giants HC job, and wanted to bring Tony Romo with him to replace Eli Manning. At the time 50% of the people in NY hated Eli, and everyone was all over Romo's bag.

NOW 2009... assess the situation... Romo wasn't who we thought he wasw when he came into the league... and Eli lead the Giants ALONG with a STRONG D (something the Broncos are a few players away from) to the Super Bowl, and now everyone is happy.
                              Go Broncos!!!

Comment

• Why thank you i tend to get a lot of hate around here this is definetly a breath of fresh air

Comment

Working...
                                X