McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
    jay doesn't put up enough points IMO, he's been blown out 12 times in his short career because of that

and not just those 51-21's to SD

but the 31-10's at home vs oakland, and the 41-7's at NE, and even 41-7 at detroit

the list goes on of massive blowouts he's sufferred because of an inability to consistently score points (41-3 at home vs sd)
    You mean the same New England game where Jay injured his index finger on his throwing hand and the a running back fumbled the ball on consecutive series.

JC you're a troll and you've always been a troll.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Here's a stat for you....

For the 2008 regular season, 21 teams, out of 32, averaged 21 points or more per game.
      My 2011 adopted poster.........and and

Adopted by: and

Comment

• Wow you mean when the other team doesnt score as much we win more often? That is shocking and unexpected!

Comment

• Originally posted by TXBRONC View Post
          Not by a long shot is full weight of this on Jay's shoulders to make sure that everything fall into place. And couldn't disagree with you more that McDaniels should on the one hand say to Jay I'm committed to you as our starting quarterback but I still trade you at anytime. For one thing that double speak and by no means a commitment to Jay as his quarterback. The fitting analogy that has been said several time is that its like a husband telling his wife I'm committed to you only in so far as I don't find some I like better.
          People seem to think that this is like ANY other job. That the boss/employee relationship is the same for the football players as it is for it is for them as they stand behind the counter at McDonalds.... its not.

Comment

• Considering what he is worth.... Do we really have that kind of cap room to sign all of our picks plus all the high end picks he would bring?? He is bargain cheap for his caliber of playing and potential. Sheesh and doesnt the number one overall pick require 80 million + money? Wow, 2 picks in the top 15 this year plus all the additional picks we are on the road to needing a stimulus plan...hell maybe Obama might consider Denver to big to fail and take us over....UGH!! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
              People seem to think that this is like ANY other job. That the boss/employee relationship is the same for the football players as it is for it is for them as they stand behind the counter at McDonalds.... its not.
              No doubt the relationship between a professional athlete and his coach isn't the same thing as the rest of the world.
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Originally posted by no-pseudo-fan View Post
                So I am selling my car. Why? Well the engine is shot and and the clutch is about to go out.

Does that sould like a reasonable thing for someone who is shopping a defective product would say?

I don't believe a word of this. If I am dealing a PRO BOWL QB, I want to get as much as possible. Think about it.

I read the article as saying that others around the league thought that Cutler "wasn't too sharp", and that when McDaniels heard those things being said he was worried. I don't think the report means to say that McD himself was calling Cutler dumb, but that he heard it from others.

The real problem is that all evidence points to Jay being very intelligent; he went to a good school with rigorous academic standards, learned (and was effective in) Shanahan's very complex scheme, and has always seemed rather smart (if a bit too honest) in interviews and such. I don't see anything that would indicate to anybody that Jay isn't a bright guy. So if people do think Cutler isn't "sharp", I'd like to know where that assessment comes from.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
                  I wouldnt be too surprised if Buss shows this to jay and and Jay turns around and says "sue her ass for this slander"
                  Slander would be a tough case here; the article never attempts to say that Jay HAS problems with alcohol or that he ISN'T bright enough; all it says is that there were "whispers" around the league about those things. Slander has to be a false statement made as if it's fact, and this doesn't meet that standard.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                    Look, if McDaniels has a problem with Cutler's drinking habits, fine. He can deal with it as he sees fit.

But to me, it's not newsworthy one way or the other, just as it wasn't newsworthy when Brady knocked up two different girls and it wasn't newsworthy what kind of candy Elway gave out at Halloween.

If he breaks the law doing it? Sure, then we can talk about it being worthy of a Fox News Reporter. But it's ridiculous for all this talk about Jay's drinking habits to be front and center as it is, when a) McDaniels hasn't made one mention of it; b) situations like this are assessed differently from person-to-person; and c) we have no idea how it effects him.

It just bothers me because it's being reported like a gossip columnist working for TMZ would report it. Rather than just talk to an NFL source, why doesn't this reporter do some actual investigating and go to some of these local bars and pubs and talk to people? Why not talk to Cutler and the Broncos first before posting it?

It's just horribly irresponsible anyway you slice it.
                    I agree with you 110% on this one mojo, it is crap reporting anyway you cut it, so it is from another coach she knows, so what, this other coah is gossiping, and loose lips sink ships.

It is D grade reporting meant to sell contriversy, and ment to muddy peoples reputations. I clicked on it once, read it, and now refuse to support such reckless propoganda, it is bargain basement at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by MileHighInNY View Post
                      Slander would be a tough case here; the article never attempts to say that Jay HAS problems with alcohol or that he ISN'T bright enough; all it says is that there were "whispers" around the league about those things. Slander has to be a false statement made as if it's fact, and this doesn't meet that standard.
                      I think it is closer to slander than one would want to think. It wouldn't win in court, because it would get plea bargained, but her "unidentified" source and her can ruin careers with posting gossip as fact. If the source believed in what he was saying then they wouldn't need to be "unidentified", they would stand and be accountable for retribution. Respectable and sound media sources don't stoop to this type of story, no matter how "true" they think it is.

On a side note i find her annoying as a sports reporter, and change the channel when she comes on, many may like her, i happen to think her comments and expressions are obnoxious.
                      Last edited by owninit; 03-26-2009, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• Put yourself in this reporters place for a minute. You get wind that there is a huge three player trade but your source can't tell you about it quite yet. So when the whole Cutler fiasco hits the fan you jump right on the phone to get a hold of your source? No you sit at your desk waiting for them to call you back! The Cutler fiasco dominates the NFL headlines for two weeks and you sit at your desk waiting for your source to call you? Finally when the whole mess is quieting down your source calls with stunning new accusations.

What we have here is a reporter who completely missed the boat on one of the biggest news stories in Denver Sports. New shes just trying to save her job.

On another note, Cutler is a Diabetic. I am a diabetic. Alcohol is reserved for rare, special occasions in small doses. Alcohol is fermented, liquid sugar. If Cutler was drinking the way he's accused of he might as well hook up a intravenous sugar drip and see how fast his career ends.

This whole article is BS from a reporter trying to save her hind end.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitnlala View Post
                          The reporter, Josina Anderson, who made the statement about Cutler being looked upon negatively by McD because of alcohol and mental acumen is going to be on 104.3 the Fan (Denver sports station) to talk about her entry last night. (Edited)

It sounds like there will be some revealing info on her story, her sources, and what happened overnight in regards to the blog entry.

You can strem the audio online FYI.
                          He has a degree from VANDERBILT and got over 40 on the Wunderlick Personnel test. I've taken that test, and I'm pretty sure most people on this message board couldn't score over 40. He's a very smart guy.
                          All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

• Nothing changes and Cutler stays

But a contract for him & Marshall will be coming soon. :salute!:

Comment

• Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
                              He has a degree from VANDERBILT and got over 40 on the Wunderlick Personnel test. I've taken that test, and I'm pretty sure most people on this message board couldn't score over 40. He's a very smart guy.
                              I own an insurance agnecy in the Denver area. I am not nearly as smart as some of my clients that are engineers, and scientists. However, none of them would stand a chance at doing what I do for a living.

It may not be the best analogy, but all ll I am saying is someone can be very smart, but a bad fit for a certain situation, and unable to pick up certain aspects of a job.

And as has been noted numerous times...whether we as fans believe it or not, it doesnt matter. If McD thinks he cant pick up the system- that would matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomax View Post
                                What I'm suggesting is that the defensive problems and offensive lapses go hand-in-hand. Certainly, the defense has allowed lots of points, but do you think our inability to dominate TOP as we have in years past and the turnover problems had anything to do with allowing so many points?

I do.

The assumption that if the D were just average we would have won way more games I think is not really accurate. A slightly better D would not have resulted in a win against New England, at home vs. Oakland, at San Diego, Carolina, or even at KC. The O needed to play better in those games to win them.

I understand where you are coming from. I suppose it's kind of splitting hairs.

I agree that the play calling presented problems at times last year. However, when the team is playing from behind, which happened frequently, it forces the offense to abandon the run and try to get down the field quickly. One of the few times it actually worked was against Cleveland.
                                sigpic
                                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Working...
                                X