No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is not a rule violation for OL to start at a standing position. They just can't move pre-snap. OT do it all the time in passing formations. The only guy that has to start at a three point stance is the center, as the ball must touch the ground prior to snap and cannot be moved laterally, only positioned for snap.

This means it is virtually impossible for the defensive interior linemen to penetrate.
    Try telling that to the New York Giants. They murdered the Patriots OL.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by TXBRONC View Post
      The fact is she expunged that portion from her blog that should tell us all something right there and the fact she had the information 3rd hand for crying out loud.
      I have no problem with calling BS on the story, but at least follow the chain of events.

She posted it, Fox took it down. She went over the account in detial with Fox, fought for her "sccop", and won out. It was added back in.

Just because we dont want it to be true doesnt mean it's false. Blast her methods and sources, I dont care. The inconvenient fact is she has consistently been right and been first on alot of stuff.

And with what we have seen from McD, do you think he cares what Cutler did on the Wonderlic or at Vandy, or even in Shanny's offense? Hell no. He strikes me as someone who thinks he knows better than everyone else. IF he feels this way about Cutler the things Jay has done in the past obviously wouldnt matter to Josh.

Comment

• Originally posted by TXBRONC View Post
        First of all, you're right your analogy isn't very good in fact I would say it doesn't even fit. That being said the report who wrote the piece heard it 3rd hand and it didn't sound like she didn't verify it. Now couple that with fact she even expunged the mud slinging portion of her blog within 24 hours that should speak volumes to anyone who has common sense.

By the way I haven't heard any guys who know the game say anything remotely close to thinking Jay would be to dumb to run the offense. On the contrary I heard people say that this offense would probably be an even better fit for Cutler.

Hmmm...you can disrgard the analogy, but the fact is, just b/c someone is "book smart" or smart in one filed, or a master of a particular skill, does not mean it will translate across the board.

I think it would be a FACT that IF McD feels Cutler cant pick up the system it wont be becuase Cutler is a dummy (b/c by all accounts he is a smart kid). But rather Cutler's inability to transfer his knowledge and abil;ity to learn over to McD's playbook.

Comment

• Originally posted by mooncamping View Post

If you watch Jay Cutler´s dynamic, he´s leaning forward, he´s ready to drill it at any distance. Also his willingness to improvise and choose the so called eligible receiver (the most open man) on a moments notice should not appeal to coach McDaniels. His quarterbacks take a more measured approach they down check whether receivers are open, going from option one all the way down to option four (running back). It means there is a set sequence of eligible receivers. They mentally check off who is covered, arriving at the only plausible free receiver. There is no improvisation what so ever. It´s a machine. Jay Cutler will not play for a machine.
          Cutler knows who he's throwing too before he even snaps the ball most of the time, IMHO. It's why you see so many forced throws by him into double coverage.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARF View Post
            This is only speculation

Shannahan/Bates was a great play caller Jay was often left with 2 read plays with high probilities of success.
            really?? great playcallers?? we must have watched different teams last season.
            sigpic
            BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

• I subscribe to the belief (held by many in the media) that something happened in those 2 weeks Cutler and McD were at Dove Valley.

It soured Josh on Cutler just enough for them to explore picking up Cassell. Otherwise why would Denver be so late to the trade talks? If McD knew he would be more comfortable with Matt, why not jump on him as soon as possible?

He came here sold on Jay, and something changed his opinion.No one- including McD can convince me otherwise, b/c everything they do now looks like damage control.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitnlala View Post
                Hmmm...you can disrgard the analogy, but the fact is, just b/c someone is "book smart" or smart in one filed, or a master of a particular skill, does not mean it will translate across the board.

I think it would be a FACT that IF McD feels Cutler cant pick up the system it wont be becuase Cutler is a dummy (b/c by all accounts he is a smart kid). But rather Cutler's inability to transfer his knowledge and
                Code:
                abil;ity to learn
                over to McD's playbook.
                Or "willingness to learn" might also be a consideration. I am not trying to say anything negative about Jay here, but if McDaniels thinks that Jay is not going to follow the plan strictly he might have reason to feell it's not a good fit.

The west coast offense calls for the quarterback to improvise a lot, but not so much under the system Josh is implementing.
                sigpic
                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• so it's ok to say jay is 13-1 when winning but if you say jay lost 13 games you would all be in an uproar and saying it's a team game and it is not jays fault ,so only jay wins but the team loses

Comment

• Originally posted by jongotti View Post
                    so it's ok to say jay is 13-1 when winning but if you say jay lost 13 games you would all be in an uproar and saying it's a team game and it is not jays fault ,so only jay wins but the team loses
                    Did you watch the past couple seasons? Jay had to play like the best QB in the league for us to win. If he didn't play as the best QB in the league, we lost.

So yes, winning was all in Jays lap this past season and losing was on the defense. We made Jay carry the team.

Comment

• hmmmm.

Cutler throwing into Brandon Marshall who's triple covered is probably where McDaniels is going with "mental acumen". McDaniels probably asked him why and Jay said, "hey! I have a stronger arm than John Elway"

If that's the case I can completely agree with McDaniels.

Comment

• I just made a post speculating the same ideas just not as articulately.
                        I wish the season would hurry up

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                          Or "willingness to learn" might also be a consideration. I am not trying to say anything negative about Jay here, but if McDaniels thinks that Jay is not going to follow the plan strictly he might have reason to feell it's not a good fit.

The west coast offense calls for the quarterback to improvise a lot, but not so much under the system Josh is implementing.
                          I would say this concerns Josh alot and might be what was intended in Josina's story.

Either way, the Pats are all about sustaining drives and generating momentum on offense. Jay consistently passes up a 6 yrd completion on a 3rd and 4 scenario to go for the big play. Very Favre-esque. It's fun to watch, but frustrating at times.

I am sure McD is thinking that with a weak D, consistent safe decisions from the QB are even more important.

Comment

• Originally posted by mooncamping View Post
                            I didn´t want coach McDaniels getting hired. To me the Patriots teams of the past are yardage imperative forced by game plan machines.

First of all they were the first to employ what I call the "pre collapsed" offensive line. They employed huge offensive linemen, who can "anchor" as coach McDaniels calls it. Essentially means they don´t move very much. They line up with hardly a gap between their feet in a very tight formation, the center is the only one who is actually on the line of scrimmage, the others are aligned in a V-formation, sometimes even already standing up (what has to be a rule violation by the way). This means it is virtually impossible for the defensive interior linemen to penetrate. It´s also impossible for the defensive end to get to the quarterback, because to do so would require an extreme angle, which only a blitzing cornerback could do, remember the offensive tackles are already aligned for pass blocking, if the defensive end rushes all they have to do is back up.

The quarterback in this schematic, and you can watch Tom Brady and Matt Cassell have an extreme back drop. They drop back really fast and really far ending up bouncing around on their back foot. What is obvious is the drop back fast and far and then wait. They have that luxury because they are hard to sack due to the pre collapsed offensive line. What´s important though is they drop back and wait, then throw.

If you watch Jay Cutler´s dynamic, he´s leaning forward, he´s ready to drill it at any distance. Also his willingness to improvise and choose the so called eligible receiver (the most open man) on a moments notice should not appeal to coach McDaniels. His quarterbacks take a more measured approach they down check whether receivers are open, going from option one all the way down to option four (running back). It means there is a set sequence of eligible receivers. They mentally check off who is covered, arriving at the only plausible free receiver. There is no improvisation what so ever. It´s a machine. Jay Cutler will not play for a machine.
                            Mooncamping you're entitled to your opinion but I don't think you're anywhere near qualified to make those assements.

For one thing much what this offense type offense does is out of the shot gun. I have to admit I don't have stats on often they line up in the shot gun but I wouldn't be surprised if isn't 50% of time or better. Second Jay is very comfortable working form the shot gun, IIRC he did that almost exclusively at Vanderbilt his junior and senior seasons. So please don't give me this line about dropping back in the pocket.

Exactly what improving are you talking about? Because that sounds like you're saying he's his own plays I would like for you prove that one. Also maybe you're not aware of this even Tom Brady has to scramble to find an open receiver or run with ball which he doesn't do much of because he is slow of foot.

If I were head coach I wouldn't want a robot as my quarterback. You want Matt Cassel type quarterback then what you're going end up is a quarterback that get sacked a lot. If I'm not mistaken and I'm pretty sure I'm not Cassel was sacked 47 times much of that was because he would hold on to the ball way to long. Jay was sacked all of 11 times.
                            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                              Fair enough. I was in the stands too in the 80's, and my recollection was that if John had a bad game, it would be a long Sunday. To their credit, the team was mostly successful. But I can understand with RB's like Winder, Wilhite, Sewell and WR's like Nattiel, Jackson, and the Vance why people would call this a 1 man team.
                              Where does everyone get off by dogging Sammy Winder so much? He was a two time All-Pro, and 2 time 1000 yard rusher, and near the top in all the Bronco record books???
                              sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

• Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                                OMG, we're trading Ryan Clady?
                                Well if he doesn't fit McDaniels' system, we don't need him. What's the point in giving up half a sack for a whole season if you don't even make the playoffs? We should trade him for a Super-Bowl winning tackle like Max Starks. Throw in Ryan Harris and his measly no-playoff half-sack too. No player is above the team!
                                Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X