No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think that's a concern for McDaniels, but yea, Cutler needs to definitely improve his deep throw ball accuracy for sure.

Comment

• ????

McDaniels obviously doesn't want Cutler out of Denver. The ONLY time he was considering it was for his boy Cassel. It is pretty obvious that he doesn't think there is a better option out there since Cassel went to KC. If he did think there was a better option, he would be listening to all these teams that have already thrown their names in to bid on Jay should they want to trade him later.

If Jay is traded and McDaniels is still just misleading us, then what I said was wrong and maybe you have a point.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
        ????

McDaniels obviously doesn't want Cutler out of Denver. The ONLY time he was considering it was for his boy Cassel. It is pretty obvious that he doesn't think there is a better option out there since Cassel went to KC. If he did think there was a better option, he would be listening to all these teams that have already thrown their names in to bid on Jay should they want to trade him later.

If Jay is traded and McDaniels is still just misleading us, then what I said was wrong and maybe you have a point.
        I said "wanted", as in back when McD was considering a trade.

Comment

• I seem to remember quite a few of those bombs from Brady to Randy being executed simply because Randy is Randy, rather than because of a good throw.

Like the one against Miami in particular where Brady threw up a rainbow between two guys and Moss one handed it.
          sigpic

Comment

• he tried to trade for cassel, who threw like 1 deep ball all year. most of his yards came from passes 7 yards or less.
            sig pic removed by mod staff.
            we do not allow site advertising.

Comment

• Yeah his deep pass are a little off but other than royal we don`t really have burners at wide reciever. I think if any thing he tries not to put a lot of arm in to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
                I seem to remember quite a few of those bombs from Brady to Randy being executed simply because Randy is Randy, rather than because of a good throw.

Like the one against Miami in particular where Brady threw up a rainbow between two guys and Moss one handed it.
                Very good point.

Moss did make some great catches on bad throws.

However, the majority of deep passes from Brady that year hit him in stride.

And at least Moss was in the mix of defenders. Jay's throws often don't give Marshall a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                  They threw into triple coverage and then validated their action by saying they "had a stronger arm than Johnny Unitas"?
                  When did Cutler try to validate a decision to throw into triple coverage by saying he had a stronger arm than Elway. He claimed he had a stronger arm than Elway, but didn't try to use that as a crutch to explain throwing into triple coverage. You are using what is called a non sequitur (incorrectly assuming one thing is the cause of another).
                  Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Cutler might not show in Denver until June 12

Still think he is coming back?

Your new QB will probably be Chris Simms.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/around-the-web/
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

• Originally posted by jongotti View Post
                      yes I did watch the last 2 seasons and I saw the Broncos win or lose not just 1 player they are a team and should be treated as such.You saw what jay is reduced to in the probowl when he had no protection,if jay has no team mates what is he going to do hell maybe coach should just put jay out by himself after all he is the only guy who wins in your view
                      Ok, fine, maybe trade the word Cutler and put in pass offense. Either way, it isn't like the team gave him much help. The passing offense was the only thing we could rely on to even try to stay in games. No defense and not much of a rush offense. So yeah, you put our pass offense out there and noone else, we end up pretty much the same record the last 2 seasons. The defense was giving up points pretty much every drive last season anyways. Mise well just not put players out there so the offense can at least get the ball back faster.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitnlala View Post
                        I guess reading comprehension is a lost art.

Nothing I stated is factually wrong. I am simply pointing out that if McD feels that way, it doesnt really matter what you or I think, and it doesnt matter what Jay has done in the past. It also doenst matter how intellectually smart he is. If McD doesnt think Jay is quick enough, or disciplined enough to make the right reads and choices we are in for some trouble if he stays.
                        I would disagree with the last part in bold. Many believe that since Cutler had no problem learning a far more complex playbook under Shanahan (and did so well enough in his rookie year to beat out a 10-year vet), he really shouldn't have trouble with McDaniels' system.

McDaniels may not believe it now, but if Cutler stays and gets the system down in training camp, he will no longer have his present reservations. Right now, McDaniels' perception of Cutler's scheme-versatility is only relevant if he trades Cutler. If he doesn't, Cutler will likely rid McDaniels of his doubts sooner than most think.

PS: It is quite possible that Cutler is in fact incapable of running this new system. However, based on the fact that Shanahan used pretty much a different playbook for each game and that Cutler's intelligence and scheme-versatility are precisely why he was recommended to Shanahan by Jeff Fisher, I would say that he should be fine. As much of a whizkid as McDaniels is (and I'm not denying that he is one), I still trust the judgement of Shanahan and Fisher more than him.
                        Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morningplastic View Post
                          Yeah his deep pass are a little off but other than royal we don`t really have burners at wide reciever. I think if any thing he tries not to put a lot of arm in to it.
                          How many burners do most teams have? Marshall, although not a great deep route runner, has shown that he can get separation.

If you are right about Jay trying to cut back on his strength, you'd think he would learn that it doesn't work.

Comment

• How is this news? He's said all along that he will participate in all mandatory team activities. If the April mini-camp is optional, then it stands to reason that he won't be here.

People need to stop trying to make headlines where there are none.

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                              When did Cutler try to validate a decision to throw into triple coverage by saying he had a stronger arm than Elway. He claimed he had a stronger arm than Elway, but didn't try to use that as a crutch to explain throwing into triple coverage. You are using what is called a non sequitur (incorrectly assuming one thing is the cause of another).
                              Then maybe he just doesn't know any better. If he actually won games like Elway and Favre did, maybe people wouldn't be beating him up about his decision making.

Comment

• Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
                                I said "wanted", as in back when McD was considering a trade.
                                Ok, I will rephrase that and say that I don't think McDaniels ever really wanted Jay out of Denver. He just heard about a chance at his love toy and tried for it. That is far different in my eyes than actually wanting him out and looking for other options because of not being sure about him.

Comment

Working...
                                X