Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
    Haha, you destroyed your credibility in this debate with your second to last paragraph. You obviously have not watched Cutler, or are just extremely biased. He has won us plenty of games. I could point to numerous examples, but the Browns game this year and the Bills game the year before are just two of many. And in another thread I have detailed why Cutler is the real deal and his stats show that he's progressing faster than Elway did. Oh yeah, and Cutler has a pretty good completion percentage against double and triple teams. But when you throw into double and triple coverage, you do take a risk. That doesn't mean you never do it. With a guy like B Marsh, and with speed in guys like Eddie Royal, sometimes you won't get an open look but will need to pull the trigger anyways. Heck, without throwing into double and triple coverage, no way that we win the SD game with the two passes to Eddie Royal in the end zone. Guess what, both times he was double covered.

    Apparently you didn't watch the last 3 games of the season, when Cutler led our "vaunted" offense to 17 points per game.

    17.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
      Perhaps he should make sure he's doing his own job before he lambasts the defense through the media. Him throwing for 2 TD's/4 INt's in the last 3 games of the season, the biggest games of the season, was bad enough, he has the balls to go and call out another unit for not doing their job.
      Show me a quote where he ever lambasted the defense through the media. The guy makes one joke after the season and all of a sudden he's lambasting the defense through the media. And IIRC (which I do, I listened to the interview as it was broadcast live) he immediate said "That's not right. I didn't mean that." Jeez dude, you really are on the Jay Cutler Hate-a-thon today.
      Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
        Apparently you didn't watch the last 3 games of the season, when Cutler led our "vaunted" offense to 17 points per game.

        17.
        Apparently you didn't watch the last 3 games of the season, where our defense gave up 112 points, or nearly 40 points per game.
        Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
          Perhaps he should make sure he's doing his own job before he lambasts the defense through the media. Him throwing for 2 TD's/4 INt's in the last 3 games of the season, the biggest games of the season, was bad enough, he has the balls to go and call out another unit for not doing their job.
          Lets forget the fact that the defense gave up around 120 points in those 3 geams. THose INT's couldn't have been caused because he HAD to make plays as a 3rd year QB (2nd starting). That is also not mentioning that the entire offense around him was filled with rookie-3rd year players.

          Yeah, Jay is real horrible.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jhns View Post
            I believe the act of a teenage girl is believing and spreading rumors even when they have nothing solid to go off of.

            I think you have all of this covered yourself. Amazing that you hate Cutler for it.
            No, it's been reported.

            Cutler cried through the media. He screened phone calls from both McDaniels and Bowlen. He's avoiding his team because he's not taken care of.

            Crying and avoidance = teenage girl

            Real men deal with things.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
              How many burners do most teams have? Marshall, although not a great deep route runner, has shown that he can get separation.

              If you are right about Jay trying to cut back on his strength, you'd think he would learn that it doesn't work.
              Cutler's lack of deep passes is more of an issue with Marshall than with either Royal or Scheffler (who has the best receiving average of tight ends in the league). It it surprising, but I remember reading something that might make some sense. I think it was by a scout or an opposing GM who said that Marshall's biggest weakness was his lack of crispness in route-running, which looks especially bad in comparison to Eddie Royal whose routes are very clean. The guy went on to say that Cutler, like most QBs, is expected to throw to a point where the receiver is supposed to be. Marshall is rarely there adn so Cutler is either throwing to a point where no one is or (as happens often) has to follow Marshall along his route and wait for him to finish it before throwing the ball, both of which are things that usually cause interceptions.

              I'm not saying Cutler doesn't miss throws long. I'm saying that it is surprising given his sharp accuracy on short or intermediate throws and his arm strength.
              Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                No, it's been reported.

                Cutler cried through the media. He screened phone calls from both McDaniels and Bowlen. He's avoiding his team because he's not taken care of.

                Crying and avoidance = teenage girl

                Real men deal with things.
                You know, we get the fact that you hate Cutler. But making up stuff doesn't make you any more credible, and calling Cutler names makes you seem more immature than how you paint him. You know as much as the rest of us, just the speculation and garbage that we've been bombarded with from the 4 letter network and the Denver Post/CBS4. Unless you were sitting in the room when Cutler screened the calls, you really are just practicing in more idle speculation.
                Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                  Apparently you didn't watch the last 3 games of the season, where our defense gave up 112 points, or nearly 40 points per game.
                  Originally posted by jhns
                  Lets forget the fact that the defense gave up around 120 points in those 3 geams. THose INT's couldn't have been caused because he HAD to make plays as a 3rd year QB (2nd starting). That is also not mentioning that the entire offense around him was filled with rookie-3rd year players.

                  Yeah, Jay is real horrible.
                  Did any of the defensive players call out the offense? That's the part you guys are missing. Jay had a rough stretch and that's ok, but what makes him look terrible is calling out other players for not doing their job.

                  Apparently you guys think he's some savior that can criticize others without watching his own back perhaps?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                    Did any of the defensive players call out the offense? That's the part you guys are missing. Jay had a rough stretch and that's ok, but what makes him look terrible is calling out other players for not doing their job.

                    Apparently you guys think he's some savior that can criticize others without watching his own back perhaps?
                    Again, show me a quote where he called out the defense. Because on many times where people in the media gave him an opportunity to call out the defense, he took it upon himself to accept as much blame as could be put on them.
                    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                      Did any of the defensive players call out the offense? That's the part you guys are missing. Jay had a rough stretch and that's ok, but what makes him look terrible is calling out other players for not doing their job.

                      Apparently you guys think he's some savior that can criticize others without watching his own back perhaps?
                      Please show where he called out anybody? That would be a first step.

                      Also, If you pay attention to Cutler interviews during the season, he calls himself out ALL the time. He constatly says that he needed to do a ton of things much better for this team to be successful.

                      Also, what does this have to do with how good he is? You just don't like his personality? So now you bash his play as well? Doesn't make sense at all. I hear Sims is a great guy. Maybe you can score a date with him and you won't be so dissapointed that Culter isn't your type.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                        You know, we get the fact that you hate Cutler. But making up stuff doesn't make you any more credible, and calling Cutler names makes you seem more immature than how you paint him. You know as much as the rest of us, just the speculation and garbage that we've been bombarded with from the 4 letter network and the Denver Post/CBS4. Unless you were sitting in the room when Cutler screened the calls, you really are just practicing in more idle speculation.
                        What am I making up?

                        He did not cry to the media, even though I've seen quoted comments from him all over the place when this broke out?

                        He did not screen his calls, where it's been stated numerous of times that he was ignoring calls from both McDaniels and Bowlen?

                        You mean he's actually in camp right now, and he's invisible so people can't see him?

                        Wow.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                          No, it's been reported.

                          Cutler cried through the media. He screened phone calls from both McDaniels and Bowlen. He's avoiding his team because he's not taken care of.

                          Crying and avoidance = teenage girl

                          Real men deal with things.
                          I never disputed anything you said. I'm not sure what this response is about. I said, it is amazing that you act the same way but hate Cutler. You call him names like a pre-schooler and spread rumors like a teenage girl. So how exactly are you acting differnet that the guy you are trying to talk crap about?

                          Comment


                          • You must not have watched a single Pats game last year. My roommate is a Pats fan so in addition to watching every Bronco Game I watched every Pats game. I dont remember Cassel completing a single deep pass. Every time he attempted one it was usually short or way off mark. My rommie commented on them with curse words repeatedly. As for Brady I remember many a spectacular catch by moss and not so many great throws by brady.

                            I also remember a lot of Cutlers bombs being dropped or having poor route running more then bad throws by Cutler. Not to say he didnt have any because he did have a some bad bombs.
                            sigpic
                            BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

                            Comment


                            • Unbelievable. You guys don't pay attention.

                              http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,131508

                              I wonder is he's really saying, "our defense can't stop anybody, that's the bottom line, so it's ok for me to go out and have miserable games. It will always be the defenses fault."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by basbllplaya26 View Post
                                is that why our defense got 6 sacks on them last year?
                                Yeah, and the Giants sacked Brady 5 times, got a fumble recovery, and if memory serves, put Brady on his back many other times in the SB before this past one. If that is the Patriots OL System, then it needs to be revised lol. I don't know why McDaniels wants to mess around too much with the ZBS here, we allowed the fewest sacks and the only reason our running game struggled is because we lost a starter every other week and couldn't create any consistency at the RB position.
                                Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X