McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    Unbelievable. You guys don't pay attention.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,131508

I wonder is he's really saying, "our defense can't stop anybody, that's the bottom line, so it's ok for me to go out and have miserable games. It will always be the defenses fault."
    Do you mind actually posting that? I can't click on links at work. Only go to two sites.

Comment

• Originally posted by vannestjc View Post
      How is this news? He's said all along that he will participate in all mandatory team activities. If the April mini-camp is optional, then it stands to reason that he won't be here.

People need to stop trying to make headlines where there are none.

Jim

If Cutler doesn't show up until June to learn the new system, he'll find out that Josh has moved on without him long before that date. Mandatory or not, Josh is not going to wait for him after April only because a new system has to be learned and wasn't that the whole reason he went after Cassell? Because he already knew the system. I guess that means that he would rather trade Cutler than train him ... and that was in Feb, what do you think he will do in June?
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
        I never disputed anything you said. I'm not sure what this response is about. I said, it is amazing that you act the same way but hate Cutler. You call him names like a pre-schooler and spread rumors like a teenage girl. So how exactly are you acting differnet that the guy you are trying to talk crap about?

It must have been the "spreading rumors" part of it. Perhaps Cutler is in offseason workouts after all, and merely "invisible".

Comment

Did you watch the past couple seasons? Jay had to play like the best QB in the league for us to win. If he didn't play as the best QB in the league, we lost.

So yes, winning was all in Jays lap this past season and losing was on the defense. We made Jay carry the team.
          Amen. It seemed entirely to often i remember Jay having to throw some fourth down catch to keep the game alive, and thats partially due to no damn RBs getting us that crucial 3 or 4+ Yards consistently on First down.
          sigpicPlease Help A die Hard Broncos Fan Out, And Share Or Pledge My Kickstarter Party Game "Help Wanted" http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...help-wanted-0/

Comment

• Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
            You know, we get the fact that you hate Cutler. But making up stuff doesn't make you any more credible, and calling Cutler names makes you seem more immature than how you paint him. You know as much as the rest of us, just the speculation and garbage that we've been bombarded with from the 4 letter network and the Denver Post/CBS4. Unless you were sitting in the room when Cutler screened the calls, you really are just practicing in more idle speculation.
            If you honestly think Cutler handled this situation well then your an idiot. Cutler said he loved being a bronco right right? And that he plays for players and not coaches right? Well he has the perfect oppurtunity to show that to show up to work outs and try to be here for his teammates. Well he didnt show up so he is showing that he didnt mean that either. And is mad bc McD just wont say your my guy forever. McD is doing the right thing by pretty much saying if Cutler doesnt preform in the future the franchise isnt afraid to get rid of him.
            sigpic

Comment

It must have been the "spreading rumors" part of it. Perhaps Cutler is in offseason workouts after all, and merely "invisible".
              Because him not being in camp makes for a horrible player. Just ask Elway.

Comment

Do you mind actually posting that? I can't click on links at work. Only go to two sites.
                Jay Cutler doesn't believe in the Chargers or the Broncos defense

By MJD

Al Michaels and John Madden made note of Jay Cutler's free-flowing honesty last night during the broadcast of the Chargers/Broncos game. Cutler's got a knack for saying what's on his mind, unfiltered, to anyone at any time.

The following comes from Michael Silver's Morning Rush:

The San Diego Chargers had just won the AFC West title in resounding fashion, defeating the Broncos, 52-21, to earn the right to host the Indianapolis Colts in a first-round playoff game six days later, and Cutler stopped to answer an unambiguous question: Was it fair to conclude that the team he just played is for real?

“These guys?” the Pro Bowl quarterback asked, gesturing to the players celebrating behind him. “San Diego? No, I don’t think so. I think Indy’ll handle ‘em pretty good. We really can’t stop anybody, and that’s the bottom line.”

Geez. How bad must a man be beaten before the thought of humility enters his mind? Apparently, a 31-point mashing doesn't do the job.

Cutler trashing San Diego, I can understand, though. They're 8-8, they're an easy target, he doesn't like Philip Rivers, and losing makes him feel emotional and frowny. That part doesn't surprise or bother me.

But the "our defense can't stop anyone" is a pretty brave card for Cutler to be playing, is it not? Especially considering that Cutler himself had a one touchdown, two interception night. These were key interceptions, too, that cost the Broncos dearly.

Yes, it's true that the Broncos defense was and is awful, but it's not like Cutler was a worldbeater last night. Denver's average gain per pass play was 6.4 compared to San Diego's 9.2, and they held the ball for only 23 minutes of the game. This isn't a great San Diego defense that Denver played, either.

It might do Cutler some good to develop a little bit of a filter. So far, it looks like he's gotten away with saying he's got a better arm than John Elway and throwing his own defense under the bus, but sooner or later, it'll catch up with him.

Cutler's a fine young talent. I've never argued against that. Every fine young talent has things they need to work on in their game. He was right in his quote about the defense, but you don't go and say things like that through the media. That's how locker rooms divide. You keep everything in house. Perhaps if he ever shows up at offseason workouts or camp, that's probably the first thing Brian Dawkins is going to say to him, and rightfully so.

Comment

Because him not being in camp makes for a horrible player. Just ask Elway.
                  Elway didn't need to be in camp. He willed his team to victory. Cutler on the other hand, not so much.

Comment

“These guys?” the Pro Bowl quarterback asked, gesturing to the players celebrating behind him. “San Diego? No, I don’t think so. I think Indy’ll handle ‘em pretty good. We really can’t stop anybody, and that’s the bottom line.”
                    He was right though. Indy did stop them (17 regulation points versus 52 against us). Unfortunately, SD's defense played much better than Indy's and the refs wanted to leave SD healthy.
                    Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Unbelievable. You guys don't pay attention.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,131508

I wonder is he's really saying, "our defense can't stop anybody, that's the bottom line, so it's ok for me to go out and have miserable games. It will always be the defenses fault."
                      Wasn't calling anyone out. You are taking it out of context. They asked him if the defense had anything to do with the loss and if they could handle Indy (they being SD). He replied that the defense couldn't stop anyone (as they were averaging nearly the worst in the league in stopping the run). He didn't say "The defense cost us the game." That would be throwing them under the bus. He made a factual statement that the defense couldn't stop anyone.
                      Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• With our offense last year, Cutler didnt really need to have a great deep ball.

But I agree, he could improve on it, It would be nice to see him chuck it to Marshall & Royal a few times a game.. :salute!:

Comment

• Originally posted by pitnlala View Post
                          I guess reading comprehension is a lost art.

Nothing I stated is factually wrong. I am simply pointing out that if McD feels that way, it doesnt really matter what you or I think, and it doesnt matter what Jay has done in the past. It also doenst matter how intellectually smart he is. If McD doesnt think Jay is quick enough, or disciplined enough to make the right reads and choices we are in for some trouble if he stays.
                          You're reading comprehension is a lost art what part do you not understand that the writer retracted the portion of her blog dealing with Jay being a drunk and dumb?

What did you say it is factual? All you have done is speculate based on information that was 3rd hand. There is nothing factual that at all.
                          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                            Wasn't calling anyone out. You are taking it out of context. They asked him if the defense had anything to do with the loss. He replied that the defense couldn't stop anyone (as they were averaging nearly the worst in the league in stopping the run). He didn't say "The defense cost us the game." That would be throwing them under the bus. He made a factual statement that the defense couldn't stop anyone.
                            You must have missed this comment,

But the "our defense can't stop anyone" is a pretty brave card for Cutler to be playing, is it not? Especially considering that Cutler himself had a one touchdown, two interception night. These were key interceptions, too, that cost the Broncos dearly.

and this one,

Yes, it's true that the Broncos defense was and is awful, but it's not like Cutler was a worldbeater last night. Denver's average gain per pass play was 6.4 compared to San Diego's 9.2, and they held the ball for only 23 minutes of the game. This isn't a great San Diego defense that Denver played, either.

Comment

Cutler's a fine young talent. I've never argued against that. Every fine young talent has things they need to work on in their game. He was right in his quote about the defense, but you don't go and say things like that through the media. That's how locker rooms divide. You keep everything in house. Perhaps if he ever shows up at offseason workouts or camp, that's probably the first thing Brian Dawkins is going to say to him, and rightfully so.
                              If he was just talking about the last game, I don't blame him. It isn't like he is dividing the locker room with that. Those where a lot of backups and/or scrubs that aren't going to be on the team by the start of this season. Shoot, even the defensive players where saying it at that time.

I will agree that it wasn't a good thing to say but it is no reason to hate the guy. He blamed himself far more than the defense considering this is only the second comment I have ever seen from him about the defense. You constantly bash him AND his play. I'm not sure how you can claim to think he is a good young talent when you NEVER have anything even remotely good to say about the guy. You ONLY find negatives and then focus on them.

Comment

You must have missed this comment,

and this one,
                                Neither one of those comments came from Cutler. Those were sentences in the article. Seriously man you are really stretching.
                                Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X