Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    I would have thought "Brian Dawkins begs the differ" would have been an indication that he has quoted on it. Apparently not.
    Unless Brian refers to himself in the third person, I don't think that's a direct quote.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ARF View Post
      ^^^ Your post also brings me to another question would sitting in the pocket going through the neccesary reads and taking excessive sacks be a hazard to his medical condition?
      Do you mean is bad for Jay because diabetes? It doesn't effect that, most quarterback that takes excessive sacks wont last long.
      John 11: 25-27

      My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



      Thanks Snk16

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jhns View Post
        He didn't state it in the "article" from a blogger trying to hate on him. So you think that was the only thing said in the interview? The part in that BLOG? He had a one sentence interview? Nice.... Do you really think you are making sense?
        Feel free to quote the rest of the article where he did state that, and we won't have this problem. But until you do, your speculating what the article is about.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
          LMAO

          You missing the point about Cutler calling out his defense in a game he played terrible in. Still.
          When a defense gives up 52 points, it doesn't need to be called out. It's out. Under the circumstances, Cutler was being quite generous in using the word "we" for a unit that cost him his first playoff berth. When you consider the likes of Ray Lewis and Warren Sapp with their "give me 17 points..." bravado, "we couldn't stop anyone" for a 52 point defensive performance is quite remarkable for a third-year QB who carried the team on his shoulders with very little help.
          Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
            Unless Brian refers to himself in the third person, I don't think that's a direct quote.
            They are when they are held in quotations, and posted in articles from sports writers.

            It happens all the time. If you look at the article I posted earlier, those were direct quotes from Cutler. Did he refer to himself in the third person?

            Comment


            • Dude, watch this and tell me that Jay's the reason we lost this game

              http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80db5cd6

              The only INT that Cutler had that was his fault was after the game was already getting ugly. Meanwhile, the defense COULDN'T STOP ANYONE. You hear that, I said it, same as Cutler said it. They gave up Pass Interference on a 2nd and 20 desperation throw that was well short. You can't put the second INT on Cutler as it was batted up. Jay got his own TD on a QB Draw, meanwhile, LT and Sproles made our defense look like the Benny Hill Show. If you want to hate Cutler, be my guest. But your arguments are showing your bias more and more.
              Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                Feel free to quote the rest of the article where he did state that, and we won't have this problem. But until you do, your speculating what the article is about.
                I'm not speculating what the "article" is about. I know what the "article" is about. I am saying that it doesn't have the interview in it. It has one line that this blogger wanted to pull from the interview in it. You are claiming that Cutler didn't say certain thing in his interview because of one line. That makes a lot of sense seeing as all NFL players have one line interviews. What was I thinking.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                  They are when they are held in quotations, and posted in articles from sports writers.

                  It happens all the time. If you look at the article I posted earlier, those were direct quotes from Cutler. Did he refer to himself in the third person?
                  I wasn't talking about Jay, I was talking about Brian. You are just trying to spin words at this point because you said that Brian "Begged to differ" and then could not offer up the quote that indicated that he "begged to differ." Saying that Brian said that "Brian Dawkins begs to differ" would insinuate that he said his own name in the third person.
                  Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                    When a defense gives up 52 points, it doesn't need to be called out. It's out. Under the circumstances, Cutler was being quite generous in using the word "we" for a unit that cost him his first playoff berth. When you consider the likes of Ray Lewis and Warren Sapp with their "give me 17 points..." bravado, "we couldn't stop anyone" for a 52 point defensive performance is quite remarkable for a third-year QB who carried the team on his shoulders with very little help.
                    It's a great try, but having a Pro Bowl WR, arguably the NFL's best rookie WR, and arguably the NFL's best pass protecting oline, including a Pro Bowl C and arguably the NFl's best rookie LT, it's pretty safe to say that Cutler carried nobody on his back that day. I could even take it a step further and say he was one of the worst players on offense that day, ubless he was getting sacked like crazy, and his WR's were dropping the ball left and right, but I'd have to go back and look those up.

                    Comment


                    • It's unlikely that the Broncos signing Gaffney had anything to do with it.

                      McDaniels has already acknowledged the possibility that Belichick didn't want to trade Cassel to him. The reason McDaniels supposed was that Belichick wouldn't want to send Cassel to a head coach that had coached him before because that would just make it more likely that the team would become better.
                      Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
                      No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
                      Still Not Backing Down!!!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                        Dude, watch this and tell me that Jay's the reason we lost this game
                        Please quote me on where I said "Jay lost the game". I said no such statement.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jhns View Post
                          I'm not speculating what the "article" is about. I know what the "article" is about. I am saying that it doesn't have the interview in it. It has one line that this blogger wanted to pull from the interview in it. You are claiming that Cutler didn't say certain thing in his interview because of one line. That makes a lot of sense seeing as all NFL players have one line interviews. What was I thinking.
                          That's still more than speculation. You stated earlier Cutler is always hard on himself. I don't doubt you on that, but please show me a quote where he calls himself out?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                            It's a great try, but having a Pro Bowl WR, arguably the NFL's best rookie WR, and arguably the NFL's best pass protecting oline, including a Pro Bowl C and arguably the NFl's best rookie LT, it's pretty safe to say that Cutler carried nobody on his back that day. I could even take it a step further and say he was one of the worst players on offense that day, ubless he was getting sacked like crazy, and his WR's were dropping the ball left and right, but I'd have to go back and look those up.
                            His Wideouts WERE dropping the ball left and right. Last I checked, we were second in the league behind the Eagles in dropped passes, and many of them came in the second half of the season. Hell, a lot of our drops were on third down. Let's not forget the fact that we had no running game to speak of and our backs were dropping like flies all season long. Let's not forget the fact that calling our defense inept on that last game would be extremely gracious, or that our Special Teams once again was one of the worst in the league.
                            Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                              That's still more than speculation. You stated earlier Cutler is always hard on himself. I don't doubt you on that, but please show me a quote where he calls himself out?
                              Give me a few minutes and I'll give you direct links to videos proving this.
                              Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                                I wasn't talking about Jay, I was talking about Brian. You are just trying to spin words at this point because you said that Brian "Begged to differ" and then could not offer up the quote that indicated that he "begged to differ." Saying that Brian said that "Brian Dawkins begs to differ" would insinuate that he said his own name in the third person.
                                So was I.

                                I think you know there are countless threads on this forum about Brian Dawkins making statements about Cutler needing to keep things "behind closed doors". If you search back about 1-3 weeks, or whenever the Dawkins comments came out, you know you'd find them.

                                You're just trying to "spin words" at this point because you know very well Dawkins made those comments. Or perhaps you're just now following along with this soap opera. If that's the case, get caught up. I'm not doing all the work for you.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X