McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lancane View Post
    Now McDaniels looks like an idiot, Cassell is not worth a first round pick and almost everyone with some brain cells knows this. He has ruined what chemistry was there with his starting quarterback, and likely the faith of the owner of the franchise.

No matter what the organization has now been damaged in the view of the fans and the league, same with Xanders and McDaniels and they need to get on the F'n ball to fix it,.
    Great post lancane

I would hope we hear something addressing the media within the next two ...

I think this topic will be in full burn if and when the Broncos draft a new QB within rounds 3-5....
    :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
      And really, if it was all just a 'misunderstanding' why is Cutler still so irate, and why are the Broncos not talking to him or his agent?

Think about it. How quick and easy would it be to make one phone call and swear on a holy bible that they (the Broncos) didn't try to trade Jay, they simply answered the phone if that's all that happened? Well, logic would tell you because Jay's agent already knows the story and informed his client of what's really going on, and the Broncos can't really deny it right now.

In the end, it's pretty clear that McDaniels is just badly inexperienced, and I knew with a team this young and fragile it would be a volatile mix.
      Agreeing with you again.... this is getting a bit worrisome (all this agreeing with you stuff)...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockies3384 View Post
        Take it for what its worth... I don't trust ESPN's reporting.

Man I'm glad this didnt go down. Could you imagine giving up Cutler AND the 12th pick for Cassel???

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3943257
        Mort got his information from Cutler, who in turn likely got his info from his agent. That's the likely reason why the Broncos stopped talking to Cutler's agent last night.

So although you don't have to take what Mort said to the bank, I think what he's reporting is from Jay Cutler's point of view.
        sigpic

Comment

• How was it stupid like i said maybe he realized that he couldnt have the same type of qb- coach relationship with cutler then he had with cassel Jay is a good qb but the guy is not untradeable.

Comment

• Saying "He Thinks" is very opinionative
            :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

• i think this is getting blown out of proportion. come on guys. it was a possibility to make our team better. we looked at it and said no. it's over, it's in the past, and we are going to move forward. Cutler will obviously be our QB from here on out. Cassell is gone so there is no more worrying to do. Cutler needs to mature a little bit. He needs to become a leader. McD will turn him into that this coming season and no one will remember this happened. Let's stop worrying and move on. :cutler: is our guy.
              We need another one of these guys to get back to smash mouth football...

With McDaniels...this guy will become a true champion!

Comment

• I would take calvin Johnson and a 2nd round pick nothing less

Comment

Man I'm glad this didnt go down. Could you imagine giving up Cutler AND the 12th pick for Cassel???

Same here man! Matt Cassel is NOT worth a first round pick and Jay Cutler! I would NEVER waste a first round pick on a Matt Cassel! He has only played one season and now coaches have film on the guy! Lets see how "good" he is after a season away from the Pats. If you ask me this guy will probably fail miserably no matter where he ends up...but I am glad that it is not here that is for sure! Good luck KC! Thigpen is just as good!

Comment

• Mcdaniels is an idiot. What was he thinking?? Cutler is fresh of a franchise record setting season and yet he tries to trade so he could be reunited with his secret lover Casssell. Thats ridiculous. This is like trading tom brady for peyton manning. There is no point because they are both the key to their team's success. You dont try to trade a great young quarterback who everyone wants(meaning the broncos fans) for another qb who has only played for a season. Seriously. Cutler can toss mcdaniels off of a building for all I care.:cutler::cutler::cutler::cutler:
                    sigpic
                    Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

• I already posted a transcript of this interview hours ago! Under "Breaking News": TAKE A LOOK BEFORE YOU START MULTIPLE THREADS ON EXACTLY THE SAME TOPIC that I've already covered in much greater detail!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by stickyicky420 View Post
                        Who cares what JAY Cutler thinks Mcdaniels is his boss i am hearing a lot of fairweathered fans crying.
                        Go smoke another bowl...

Comment

Mort says he "thinks" NE could have gotten the 12th"

Since it is obvious that NE was looking for a 2nd round pick for Cassel:

Denver gets Cassel, TB's #19, TB's #81; NE's #23 pick
                          TB gets Cutler
                          NE gets Denver's #12 pick

I just do not buy NE turning down #12 to take #34, but they could have wanted the "extra" pick instead of the "better" pick.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                          J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                          R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

• well... I'm with lancane. I think ONE way for McDaniels to get the fans back on his side is to sign a big name FA.

Canty? Perhaps in the aftermath the Broncos agree to a top name simply to make a splash to take away from the feeding frenzy that is going to munch on this for a long time.

Great post lancane. I owe you a cp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
                              Mort says he "thinks" NE could have gotten the 12th"

Since it is obvious that NE was looking for a 2nd round pick for Cassel:

Denver gets Cassel, TB's #19, TB's #81; NE's #23 pick
                              TB gets Cutler
                              NE gets Denver's #12 pick

I just do not buy NE turning down #12 to take #34, but they could have wanted the "extra" pick instead of the "better" pick.
                              Well, and the Broncos would have traded away their first rounder for more picks.

The New England system isn't about better picks. It's about getting as many picks as possible. It makes sense that McDaniels would trade away the 12th if he were getting what he needed/wanted in return.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Are the stats all thats important, wouldnt you rather have a winner rather then a great regular season qb, look at what he has done in 3 seasons at qb NO PLAYOFF WINS.

Comment

Working...
                                X