McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    well... I'm with lancane. I think ONE way for McDaniels to get the fans back on his side is to sign a big name FA.

Canty? Perhaps in the aftermath the Broncos agree to a top name simply to make a splash to take away from the feeding frenzy that is going to munch on this for a long time.

Great post lancane. I owe you a cp.
    Another way is to come clean about what happened, and be as forthcoming as possible. Explain what went into the decision making process, why they considered trading away Cutler, etc. Apologize immensely to both the fans and Jay, and promise to mend the fences and make the situation better for everyone involved.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by stickyicky420 View Post
      How was it stupid like i said maybe he realized that he couldnt have the same type of qb- coach relationship with cutler then he had with cassel Jay is a good qb but the guy is not untradeable.
      He did he know he couldn't have the same type of relationship with Jay? He hasn't had time to. Thinking the Cassell came even close to being our QB makes me sick. Now I am suspicious of anything this new coach does.

Wonder where Bowlen stands on this mess - and it is a huge mess that McBoondogle has created.

Comment

• Originally posted by jlhawkins9 View Post
        I think I heard that we had a deal agreed with NE and they decided to go with the Chiefs offer. Also heard that Mcweeine is really pissed at Bill Bellicheat. Also who leaked this story, NE????
        Cutler "leaked the story" in several interviews. I've posted the transcripts of both of them so you can tell for yourself.

Of course he's pissed off. He goes to the pro-bowl, leads the #2 offense in the NFL. Mc-Kid with ZERO NFL coaching experience comes here and blathers on and on about how important his relationship is with Jay and how he wants to work with him, blah, blah, blah.

And then he goes out and stabs him in the back and tries to deal him for Matt Cassel?

There's a reality in the NFL that you are only as good as your QB. Denver had a really good young one who would be worth the #1 pick of the draft had he come out this year. He only fell to #11 in 2006 because there were TWO other top rated QBs, neither of whom look nearly as good as Cutler right now.

Cutler is VERY RIGHT TO BE PISSED OFF. I would be too if the front office went behind my back and did something like this.

McDaniels is now lying his ass off trying to cover it all up and pretend like nothing happened! WELL, B.S.!

He screwed up royally and the whole thing blew up in his face. Now he has to pretend he never really wanted to shop his QB! He's a lying piece of S H I T E in my opinion!
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockies3384 View Post
          Take it for what its worth... I don't trust ESPN's reporting.

Man I'm glad this didnt go down. Could you imagine giving up Cutler AND the 12th pick for Cassel???

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3943257
          But we would have gotten the Bucs first, third, and whatever for Jay. So where to the bucs pick? The initial report was that we would get the Bucs first draft choice for Cutler, and then trade THAT pick away for Cassel.

But either way... would have really really REALLY pissed me off.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
            Well, and the Broncos would have traded away their first rounder for more picks.

The New England system isn't about better picks. It's about getting as many picks as possible. It makes sense that McDaniels would trade away the 12th if he were getting what he needed/wanted in return.
            Looking at the difference between #12 and #23 is 440 pts

#34 = 560 pts, a difference of 120 pts or Vrabel (a late 3rd value).

I have no proof of any of this, but it makes more sense than taking a #34 and turning down #12 and losing Vrabel.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
            J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
            R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

• Im sure Bowlen was on board i doubt Mcdaniels would try to trade his pro bowl qb without telling his owner.

Comment

• Yeah and hi defense hasn't won him a single game he's had to do it all on his own with everyone knowing he's throwing 40 times a game and he's still suceessful you obviously have no eye for talent.
                sigpic

Check out my NFL Draft website!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
                  2010 1st round pick
                  And WHO, pray tell is he going to get to be QB?

He wanted Matt Cassel, not just to get rid of Cutler.

He thought he was being oh, so smart and getting Cassel whom he worked with in N.E. and a 3rd round pick for Cutler.

THen the whole thing blew up in his face when Belichek vetoed the deal (both deals).

There IS NO DEAL NOW. It's all over. That's why you see McDaniels wildly spinning, arguing that "we never wanted to deal Jay Cutler" which is a FLAT LIE!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                    You don't trade away your franchise quarterback for draft picks. That's just dumb.

The trade won't happen now because McDaniels won't get his guy.
                    I agree unless Jay goes all Soap Opera on us.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

• Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
                      The reason I hate McDaniels isn't as much for trying to trade Jay, as it was for all his hype about how building a relationship with Jay was a priority for him and how important it was that they be close... to have all this talk about a strong relationship and then trying to trade that guy for a 1 hit wonder, BFF, was pathetic, and only showed me that Josh is a pathological liar and lacks any self-esteem to coach a team that isn't filled with players he's been around or were a part of the previous coaching administration. (ie. kicking Mike Leach on the curb, trying to get Cassel, getting Jabar etc)
                      McDaniels is bringing in a new system with new terminology. Why wouldn't he want to bring in players that are familiar with that system and terminology?

It's funny that you think you know the psychological profile of someone you don't know and likely have never met.
                      Last edited by broncolee; 03-01-2009, 07:12 AM.
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• History is everything brother, he has lost at the college and pro level ,and its not like this team has had a top defense since the orange crush of the 70s.

Comment

Im sure Bowlen was on board i doubt Mcdaniels would try to trade his pro bowl qb without telling his owner.
                          I doubt Shanahan informed Bowlen of everything he did or sought his permission for every move.

Bowlen has empowered McDaniels and Xanders to make these kinds of decisions. He's not a hands-on owner - he trusts his guys to make the right moves, otherwise they wouldn't be here.

But having said that, what makes you think Bowlen perhaps DIDN'T nix the trade, and that's why the deal fell through?
                          sigpic

Comment

• I think McDaniels is doing a lot of damage control, and yes.. I think he's lying.

If it was rumor that they were shopping Cutler, why did he refuse to talk to the media initially instead of stating "no, we are not shopping Jay." Instead when asked about it, he decided to avoid the questions. That doesn't tell me he wasn't shopping Jay, it tells me he was waiting until he knew what everyone else knew so he could give a 'pc' response.

If it was talk about ONE team calling on jay, that would be one thing. But the fact that we hear of multible teams calling the Broncos about trading for Jay Cutler, the pro-bowl franchise player?? Where do you EVER hear of this happening unless the team is putting out feelers? I've never heard of this happening.

yes.. McDaniels is lying. He's lying his butt off to try and cover up his major major boo-boo.

Comment

History is everything brother, he has lost at the college and pro level ,and its not like this team has had a top defense since the orange crush of the 70s.
                              Try back in '05 we were 4th in total D. Champ had 10 pickks, we created turnovers had a pass rush. We got to the AFC championship ith Jake Plummer oour D had to win us games. If Jay had a D like that we would've been in Tampa.
                              sigpic

Check out my NFL Draft website!

Comment

I am just sick of people berating this team ,it was time for change your all acting like we are breaking up a dynasty, remember Cutler was Shanahans franchise qb not Mcdaniels, and it is also obvious that Cassel was Mcdaniels first choice so why fault the guy for making a decision he thought was in the best interest of the team he is being payed millions to guide.
                                Because it's FREAKING INSANELY STUPID! Because McDaniels is trying to trade for Matt Freakin' Cassel, who had ONE good season with a VASTLY BETTER TEAM at least on defense. A veteran team and a veteran player.

The Patriots weren't constantly having to come from behind all year long. ALL the pressure wasn't on Matt Cassel to go out and win games.

IN SHORT Jay Cutler is a LOT better than Matt Cassel and it just totally destroys all my faith in that ass-hat McDaniels that he would try and trade him.

For a 3rd round draft pick no less. AND then have the whole thing blow up in his face and then lie to the media and pretend he never did it, thus sabotaging his relationship with Cutler and the fans.

McDaniels has NEVER been a head-coach in the NFL, not for ONE GAME. We have NO IDEA if he can do the job. It's just blind faith at this point. And now he goes out and does something INSANELY STUPID like this!

That's why fans are pissed! That's why Cutler is pissed!

What do they expect from him? That he'd go out and score 53 points on the Chargers because the defense gave up 52?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X