McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco Lover

Last thing I read at work today was Cutler has gone into hiding. I read this on Fox Sports.com Unless someone knows where he is hiding?
    D.E

Comment

• Originally posted by DanEllis View Post
      Last thing I read at work today was Cutler has gone into hiding. I read this on Fox Sports.com Unless someone knows where he is hiding?
      He is trapped in my closet and I won't let him out. He's tied up and I'm feeding him on saltine crackers. He wants to go but I won't let him.
      sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

• Yeah, somewheir Plummer is laying up in his recliner next to Shanahan laughing their behinds off.
        The guy in my avatar's not even in the league anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by The X-Factor 82 View Post
          Yeah, somewheir Plummer is laying up in his recliner next to Shanahan laughing their behinds off.
          Doubt it.. Shanahan didn't like Plummer, and Plummer doesn't like Shanahan

Cutler isn't "dividing" the locker room. The players (from nearly EVERY interview you see with NFL football players, or ex-players) knows where Jay is coming from. His teammates know him, and they know where he's coming from. They may want to see him in volunaries, but that doesn't mean the team or locker room is "divided."

Also.. there hasn't been any 'holdout' whatsoever. Its not a hold out. He hasn't missed anything that he is mandated to attend.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
            We don't need Jay. We need a leader and he has obviously shown he is not that person. I don't care if he is the next Elway, Manning, or Farve if he don't have what it takes to be a leader he definitely don't need to be leading our team!
            Do you know why QB's are considered leaders, because a Franchise QB is put in a position of stability, where no matter what happens they will be there to continue leading, how can Jay or his teammates be assured he's the leader when McDaniels was going to trade him, and then if the way Jay is acting does not make him a leader then neither wasElway, remember that huge fight he had with Reeves, he was acting like Jay, just media attention wasn't as big so it didn't get blow out of proportion, and this fight was when John was almost a 10 year vet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brody Epic View Post
              Very True, in a twist of irony Cutlers petulance and immaturity trying to force his way out has diminished his trade value in the eyes of other General Managers around the league. Thus, no team will even offer up a trade that would be considered suitable by the Broncos. The Broncos are not going to trade their Pro-Bowl Quaterback for .25cents on the dollar. I hope Cutler is getting some good PR advice, because he has done damage that could be irreperable to his reputation through all of this. This all coming who launches venemous attacks on McDaniels whenever possible, and remains a HUGE Jay Cutler fan.
              Not not a fact at all.

No GM around the league that HAS what is needed is offering up because the Broncos would want too much. Why would they want too much, because the value of Cutler is TOO HIGH. It hasn't 'dropped.' If it had dropped, then there would be more speculation on him being traded.

Thats why the Broncos won't trade him...because they can't get an offer (unless its a block-buster) that is worth trading his talent away.

Comment

• I hope it ends soon..... maybe it will or wont

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                  Not not a fact at all.

No GM around the league that HAS what is needed is offering up because the Broncos would want too much. Why would they want too much, because the value of Cutler is TOO HIGH. It hasn't 'dropped.' If it had dropped, then there would be more speculation on him being traded.

Thats why the Broncos won't trade him...because they can't get an offer (unless its a block-buster) that is worth trading his talent away.

Sandy and Jim were talking about teams having serious concerns with his character, but no concerns with his talent. It will take a lot to acquire Cutler, and teams will be reluctant to mortgate their future on someone they view as having character issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncofan1990 View Post
                    I hope it ends soon..... maybe it will or wont
                    You misspelled making in your sig...it would be better if you had a horse choking itself or something.

Comment

• Bronco Lover

Two wrongs don't make a right. Maybe three or four wrongs.

McDaniels never should have entertained offers for Cutler. He doesn't know how to apologize, and has a hard time accepting responsibility for it.

Jay Cutler, on the other hand, is not helping to resolve this either. Instead (the latest report), he decides to go into hiding. (Probably from the press).

The only thing I can think of out of all this is that Cutler wants to make McDaniels feel unwelcome as the HC, and trying to make him miserable. In my own opinion (which is NOT GOLD) is that Cutler is failing.
                      D.E

Comment

• Originally posted by Pura Vida View Post
                        I think Jay has made up his mind. He doesnt want to play for McDaniels. Josh wouldnt even use his name....he kept calling him the player. Would you want to play for a boss like that. If Cutler gets traded, his new team will immediately offer him a big raise.

Cutler can stay and play for the guy that lied to his face......or he can double his paycheck and go to a team that appreciates him.

The only way Jay stays is if the Broncos prove their loyalty by redoing his contract. Anything else is just words.
                        Did McDaniels lie to Jay, or just go into PR mode in public?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brody Epic View Post
                          Sandy and Jim were talking about teams having serious concerns with his character, but no concerns with his talent. It will take a lot to acquire Cutler, and teams will be reluctant to mortgate their future on someone they view as having character issues.
                          who? sandy and jim? your next door neighbors?

Comment

• Jay just needs to suck it up and get over the fact that everyone can be traded i mean look at Dawkins

Comment

• Originally posted by Gr3yStreet View Post
                              I am RAPIDLY losing my patience with Cutler.

I haven't exactly been kind to him recently, but at this point, the Broncos have made every effort in public and probably in private to let Jay know he is NOT going to be traded and they they want him to be the QB.

So he runs off to mysteryland....

Is he so paranoid that he is waiting for the draft or something? Does he think he is Mr. Blockbuster draft day trade man?

What is he gaining by holding out?

If he shows up to camp and the Broncos trade him , they will lose ALL credibility with just about everyone.

I just don't get it....
                              Cutler knows he has McDaniels' head-coaching career in his hands. Prior to the start of FA, he probably would have been the bigger man. But now that he sees no loyalty from McDaniels and has been told by everyone that it's a business, he is now treating it as such.

Maybe everyone expecting him to do anything than what he is doing, ought to stop whining?
                              Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                                who? sandy and jim? your next door neighbors?
                                Drive time guys here in Denver. Sandy is the most knowledgable person on all things Denver sports in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X