McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lomax View Post
    I was under the impression that Mike was more of a people's coach rather than a drill sergeant. The team routinely had pretty lax training camps, and vets routinely talk about how much he treated the players with respect and treated them like equals.

Now that said, I don't know that McD will be different. But certainly, maybe a bit more of the Belichik approach could be in order. Perhaps the soft approach was part of the reason why we would start fast and finish slow every season. Or why our guys seemed poorly conditioned or played badly in the second halves of games. Whatever it is, a change was obviously in order. So why not coaching style?
    I don't disagree with you, but let's be clear: Shanahan had softer practices to preserve his players and not risk injuries. With the crazy injuries we've had over the seasons you'd think something isn't right.

We needed a change, but look at it so far, has anything good come out of it?
    Mcdaniels has caused nothing but a mess

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
      You are seriously lacking this thing we call common sense.

Please look into getting some before ever posting again.

Ps- No one is two words. Noone just looks like you're f***ing up the word noon..
      Wow you clearly have no sense of humor or have no sense of sarcasm.

Do I need to spell and space the word No one out for you too?

This is a forum, if you'd like to comment on grammar i suggest you pickup an english teacher career

Comment

• people have selective memories....cutler is a great leader

Comment

• Originally posted by DrunkPanda View Post
          uh, diabetes is not a mental disease. it does not cause moodiness
          Low blood sugar directly affects mood. It affects how you feel. Are you kidding me?

Comment

• Originally posted by DrunkPanda View Post
            well, i knew a guy who had diabetes and he wasn't moody so that kills the other guy's theory that everyone who has diabetes becomes moody. and i'm pretty sure "moodiness" is not listed as one of the symptoms of diabetes if you look it up in a medical book
            Dude just google something some time. http://www.diabetes.org/diabetes-symptoms.jsp

It's the first hit on google. Look at the list of symptoms. Maybe his moodiness just wasn't as apparent as yours. You understand that a side effect or a symptom of a condition or illness doesn't affect every single member right? But when it is a common symptom, and a guy who has the illness displays that symptom, then we can safely assume they are related.

Go down the list on this one: http://www.emedicinehealth.com/diabe...tes%20Symptoms

It has an in depth look at the moodiness.
            Last edited by SimonSteele; 03-31-2009, 12:13 AM.

Comment

• i figured it was over wit now.........

Comment

• maybe jay just doesn't want to play in Denver anymore and that's why be seems so reluctant to reconcile what's happened.
                Congratulations...

@ Week 11: Chargers took it.

Comment

• I'm starting to realize that people are upset because Jay just wants out of Denver. They keep saying "man up and get to work." I think he is manning up for standing on principles he believes in... honesty and loyalty. I don't think Jay wants a new contract with the Broncos, never asked for one, from what I've read and heard. He just wants out. I think the fan base is taking it as rejection. I finally understand all the anger around here. I guess I'm not angry at him because I believe in his abilities and his work ethic. I also understand why he needs to go and I'm not hurt by it. After all, it is a business, correct?

Sorry to tell you again, but this is rejection by McD, not Jay. Jay is often described as fiercely loyal by his peers and coaches. How can he show loyalty to an organization that has professed to trade him should the right deal come up and lied to him multiple times, to a fan base that's turning on him faster than you can say "loyalty" and a coach who doesn't want him? Once again, he needs to go. We are the same fan base that the drove Brian Griese to tears and Jake Plummer to rebellion. It's rather ironic that the more we search for the successor to the greatest qb our franchise has ever had and will ever have, we drive every qb to insanity. ha ha ha!

It will destroy Jay's career to stay here and stunt his development to work under a coach who doesn't believe in him and to continually get booed on the field by fans who don't care for his antics. I don't think he should have to prove anything to us. I thought he'd been doing that week in and week out. Jay needs to look out for Jay. I am thankful for his dedication the past 3 years to the Broncos and will sorely miss his exciting play on the field. Good luck to him in his quest for a championship ring and I wish him well!

Comment

• http://www.daily-diabetic.com/502267...re_mood_swings

Most of the time, news concerning diabetes seems to be aimed at women. Usually, articles concerning men deal with impotence. But men may also experience more severe problems with their diabetes: aggression and frightening mood swings.

Men, Moods and Diabetes
                    A number of older men have shown concern for their sudden uncharacteristic tendency to have mood swings and exhibit aggressive behaviour. Responses to a questionnaire on www.OfficialDiabetesBlog.com have demonstrated that some men are worried that these mood changes are related to their diabetes or diabetes related symptoms.

(PRWEB) October 11, 2006 -- A number of older men have shown concern for their sudden uncharacteristic tendency to have mood swings and exhibit aggressive behaviour. Responses to a questionnaire on www.OfficialDiabetesBlog.com have demonstrated that some men are worried that these mood changes are related to their diabetes or diabetes related symptoms.

Nutritional researcher Sam Graci notes that as men age, their hormonal health changes dramatically as testosterone levels are depleted and oestrogen levels rise. This is known as Andropause. When these hormonal changes are also compounded with the blood sugar fluctuations of type 2 diabetes, some unusual patterns of mood and emotions can manifest in older men.

What men eat, and when, affects the major hormones that keep them emotionally and physically fit. Dietitians and doctors also point to the benefits of regular exercise and communication in managing these issues.

Many men go through a period of guilt, anger and remorse when they find out they have type 2 diabetes. They know that, through their lifestyle choices, they may have contributed to the development of a condition that will change their life forever. Or they may blame others for ‘leading them’ to their current state.

The Better Information Network™ says that many people with diabetes respond emotionally to changes in their hormone levels and may experience strong mood swings. Stress induced emotions themselves can produce hyperglycemia, as the secretion of many hormones can counteract the actions of insulin and disrupt metabolic control.

A person with diabetes may express long-withheld emotions - sometimes chaotically. A diabetic patient may be unaware of even severe mood swings; and act as if a current emotion is a valid basis for long-term decisions. Emotional outbursts may follow minor events or small lifestyle changes.

For example, a person with diabetes may angrily criticise other family members, or suddenly announce an unusual decision to business associates. Yet they may also quickly forget such conversations. Criticised family members, and business associates affected by hasty decisions may respond with their own emotions and reduced trust of the diabetic person. Emotional conflicts can spiral to create chaos.

Stephanie Jakobi of The Better Information Network™ said, “While these facts will not eliminate the emotional pressures being faced by men, the knowledge and awareness that they are not going through these feelings alone can make it easier for them to seek help and discuss it with others.”

“There are many dietary, homeopathic, and lifestyle changes that a man dealing with these issues can make, to help combat mood swings. It’s a good idea to discuss the different options available with your health care professional,” she continued.
                    www.OfficialDiabetesBlog.com provides a forum where people can get together online and share their experiences and ideas. By raising awareness and building a diabetes community, The Better Information Network™ and www.OfficialDiabetesBlog.com are helping people understand diabetes and its symptoms better.
                    sigpic

Comment

• I agree with the Op ...

The subject was just so easy to talk about and not really know anything ...

Well this is what I would do...Almost everyone in life is guilty of jumping to conclusions and rushing to judgement by using opinions of this is how they would be and what they would do to form opinions and percepation of others.....

Only for a brief time period during this offseason did I think that the stuff hit the fan and then quickly after everything else and still now is more fueled by opinion and the media .....

I would hate to be in the foxhole with people that throw thier hands up so quickly....
                      :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

• Originally posted by AyanBronco View Post
                        For all those who call Cutler out on being a baby, let's take some time and reconsider his history as a bronco and as a football player that would dictate him to be anything other than a baby.

A. Cutler had always known to be a leader on his HS team.

B. Cutler played on one of the worst teams in college and led the team to immediate success because of his toughness and willingness to win.

C. Cutler was diagnosed with diabetes and still worked extremely hard to compete at a high level.

D. Last offseason, Cutler took his receivers down to atlanta to train even harder to do well this year.

E. After this 8-8 season, Cutler immediately phoned Shanahan to talk about what he can do to improve upon next year.

F. And the best part, Cutler shoving the KC player down to the ground in standing up for himself.

While many fans will continue to play into McDaniels drama and view Cutler as an immature baby; everything about cutler has earned my respect throughout the years.

To me, he has shown a tremendous amount of integrity and toughness that I'd expect from a QB.

Cry all you want, we would be weak without Cutler
                        To add to this,

1. He was described (both in college and by Shanahan) as the hardest worker on the team both on the field and in the weight room. Quite likely wherever he is right now, he's working harder than the guys that are here.

2. He invariably showed up to work the day after a win (typically a day off) to study film and encouraged his teammates to join him.

3. Brandon Marshall gets a lot of press for helping with Leon Kelly's inner-city youth program, but Cutler is known to be the primary benefactor of the program.

4. His handling of Marshall last year.

5. People ought to consider the fact that no Bronco teammate of his has publicly called out Cutler for being "whiny". Champ is not the most vocal leader but is quick to voice his displeasure if he feels any of his teammates aren't pulling their share. He hasn't said a word! Nothing from DJ Williams. Nothing from Daniel Graham, Ben Hamilton or Wiegmann. The only team veteran that has spoken out (Stokley) has come out against management. One doesn't expect the likes of Marshall, Scheffler, Royal, Clady, Kuper, Harris and Hillis to say anything because they are all Cutler's guys. But the fact that none of those older than Cutler has said anything is quite telling of where the team stands and what they think of Cutler.
                        Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by AyanBronco View Post
                          For all those who call Cutler out on being a baby, let's take some time and reconsider his history as a bronco and as a football player that would dictate him to be anything other than a baby.

A. Cutler had always known to be a leader on his HS team.

B. Cutler played on one of the worst teams in college and led the team to immediate success because of his toughness and willingness to win.

C. Cutler was diagnosed with diabetes and still worked extremely hard to compete at a high level.

D. Last offseason, Cutler took his receivers down to atlanta to train even harder to do well this year.

E. After this 8-8 season, Cutler immediately phoned Shanahan to talk about what he can do to improve upon next year.

F. And the best part, Cutler shoving the KC player down to the ground in standing up for himself.

While many fans will continue to play into McDaniels drama and view Cutler as an immature baby; everything about cutler has earned my respect throughout the years.

To me, he has shown a tremendous amount of integrity and toughness that I'd expect from a QB.

Cry all you want, we would be weak without Cutler

A.) HS leaders are abundant, look into any dive bar, and you can find stools full of them, still reminiscing.
                          B.) Vandy didn't have success because of Cutler, they were never above 500
                          C.) can't argue with that
                          D.) they worked real hard, marshal was only arested a couple of times, and was so dedicated he sliced his arm open, dedicated work out program would be in leadvill with no other distractions not strip club capital of america.
                          E.) Actuall he was interviewed and threw the Defense under the bus, even though through the last 12 games we had the 29th ranked scoring offense.
                          F.) Showed a lack of self control and poor sportsmanship, pat him on the back for that one.

Cutler has a lot of football tallent, but if you are calling for "Respect" from these actions I am laughing uncontrolably. He is inmature, and respect is something gained from doing the right thing at the right time, and being ACCOUNTABLE something that jay hasn't been for weeks now. Yeah he has a right to be offended, but running, hiding, and not returning the boss's calls is as chickensh** as it comes
                          Last edited by owninit; 03-31-2009, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pura Vida View Post
                            2. After yelling at Royal for dropping a ball vs the last game against SD, Jay found royal on the sideline and told him he had faith in royal, needed royal and would be looking to throw to royal. Eddie called Jay an amazing leader.
                            I would love to see Cutler's reaction if a teammate did that to him after he throws a interception. Especially with the camera right on the teammate, showing him shake his head, roll his eyes, basically doing everything in his body language to throw him (Cutler) under the bus.... That's what I see Cutler doing to his receivers.

Comment

• If you watch the NFL films recap of '06 on nfl.com you will see something quite interesting there. Cutler threw an amazing TD pass to TS against the Bengals. On the sideline, he felt awful about it because he felt like he almost threw it away. He looked like he wanted to puke.

I think sometimes his body language is often misinterpreted and he's harder on himself than anybody else. It comes along with being competitive.

Sometimes qb's need to light a fire on the field and leaders have different ways of doing it. I saw another NFL Films recap with P.Manning on the sideline kicking stuff around and yelling at everybody that he was the only one busting his butt on the field. Yet, we deify Manning and crap on Cutler.

Comment

• I don't think anyone is saying is not a team leader, or a valuable assett on and off the field.

But it's hard to be a leader when you're avoiding meetings, calls from the HC and owner.

There's nothing I'd like more than for Jay to finish his career in Denver with a few rings on his fingers. But it's going to take both sides (including his) to make that happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X