McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In my mind it has to be A.

Any QB we bring in other than Cutler will experience transitional pains (especially a rookie). I really don't want Brady Quinn as our QB. Plain and simple, I see much more potential in Cutler.

If we dump McDaniels we're not going to do well. He just took our team in his direction, the personnel is to best fit his vision. Anybody else will need to change things. We would be left with no chemistry, only a bunch of football players and nothing to hold them together.

For success we need to follow McDaniels play call, and the one taking snaps has and will be Jay Cutler.

Comment

• Originally posted by DBroncs04 View Post
      I would love to see Cutler's reaction if a teammate did that to him after he throws a interception. Especially with the camera right on the teammate, showing him shake his head, roll his eyes, basically doing everything in his body language to throw him (Cutler) under the bus.... That's what I see Cutler doing to his receivers.
      You have a warped sense of perception. The bronco receivers love cutler. They defintiely dont feel like he throws them under the bus.
      sigpic

Comment

• [QUOTE=Syvari;2674723]

i can fully understand why he would be upset, and his wanting to leave denver but the coach has apologized and wants him back in. be a man and accept the apology.

QUOTE]

No- he hasnt. He wont even call Jay by his name or say he is the qb of the future. All Josh said...over and over again...is that jay is our qb right now.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mooncamping View Post
          The offensive linemen must be positioned on the line of scrimmage. To line up behind the line of scrimmage puts them in the offensive backfield. This is also a rule violation.

The two point stance is illegal, because the offensive lineman has to show an intent to be offensive, to play offense.
          Anyone on the line can line up in a 2 point except the center. If you look closely most teams have all of their line in 2 point on the extra point. As far as abandoning the ZBS, McDaniels has only said that he won't be using it exclusively as he was to use the athleticism of the guards we have pulling which makes sense. The only way I can think that an athletic QB wouldn't work in a system would be in the case of a Michael Vick- type QB who gets happy feet and runs away from his protection. Jay definitely improvises but he is as responsible for the success of the O-Line as they were. BECAUSE he was athletic he avoided sacks where as a Brady type would end up eating the ball.

Comment

• Warren Sapp's quick take on McJayGate

Craig, Denver
            05:28 PM ET
            "Obviously, everybody has been buzzing about the McJaygate problems in Denver. Your thoughts?"

Warren Sapp, NFL Network
            "He was dead-wrong. But so is Cutler. It's OK to window shop, but when you pick it up and massage it and almost take it home, I understand how Cutler feels this way. It's time to let bygones be bygones.

He is a franchise QB. It's time to move on. I love Cutler."

http://chat.nfl.com/front/archived_chat/179

Side note: I know that most people don't give a crap about what Sapp says.
            2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

• Another thing I like about Cutler is his willingness to throw a block for whoever is running the ball. There were many times when the play came back Jays way and he immediately starts looking for a block to help the runner, and he usually throws an effective block.

Comment

• Originally posted by wandlc View Post
                Another thing I like about Cutler is his willingness to throw a block for whoever is running the ball. There were many times when the play came back Jays way and he immediately starts looking for a block to help the runner, and he usually throws an effective block.
                Great point...bottom line is that Jay will do what it takes to try and win. Does he make mistakes? Absolutely...who among us didn't at 25 years old. The problem is that us adullts??? like to project all of these admirable traits on these young people that are still finding their way. I find myself at times expecting things from my son in his thinking and actions that have taken me 48 years to develop. The same can also be said for Mc Daniels and I know the expectation is even higher for him (as it should be). Lets let these men settle things down and hopefully find a common goal (like kicking SD's ass) and move on to better times.

Comment

• BREAKING NEWS: Cutler WILL be traded

Just got the text, apparently he will be traded away. Go to www.cbs4broncos.com

Comment

• Statement from President and CEO Pat Bowlen on Jay Cutler

DenverBroncos.com

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos President and CEO Pat Bowlen today released the following statement:

"Numerous attempts to contact Jay Cutler in the last 10 days, both by Head Coach Josh McDaniels and myself, have been unsuccessful.

A conversation with his agent earlier today clearly communicated and confirmed to us that Jay no longer has any desire to play for the Denver Broncos.

We will begin discussions with other teams in an effort to accommodate his request to be traded.”

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=8920
                    sigpic

Comment

• Bye Jay... Please, let's draft Matt Stafford.
                      sigpic

Comment

• 15 years from now, people will talk about this trade the same way they talk about Atlanta trading Brett Favre to Green Bay.
                        Last edited by IHSD; 03-31-2009, 07:01 PM.
                        sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

• Wow... Josh McDaniels, welcome to the hottest seat in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by I Hate SD Alot View Post
                            15 years from now, people will talk about this trade the same way they talk about Green Bay trading Brett Favre to Atlanta.
                            u mean favre to GB from ATL
                            sigpic

Comment

• Very sad it has come to this.

As much as I like Jay as a QB, if he doesn't want to be here, I don't want him here.

McDaniels, you better be able to win now, after this big fiasco.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X