No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You may work for a lier, you just don't know it. At least Jay knew where he stood with the head coach. He tried to get everything to be OK, but that was Jay's choice. Bye to Jay, have fun in Detroit.

Comment

• Jay,

While a great quarterback and I will miss him always had a snotty kind of tough guy pout when he was out on the field.

Now he is acting the way he looked. Like a 6 year old.
      Very unprofessional.

Bye Jay.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMERICAN MUSCLE View Post
        And you call yourself Legend?
        On the net, yes I do. McD and Cassell have history and from where I sit, it looks to be quite successful.

Cutler has the gunslinger arm with the mentality of a juvenile. Spolit brat immediately springs to mind.

KC have the number three pick overall and we need to fix the defence and fast. I don't know the points system for draft picks works but with the third overall pick you can do a lot to rebuild your team.

I'm a realist and understand that this year will be a transitional year for the team but no different come January to the past three seasons.

McDaniels is the coach and can't be dictated to by the players and if Cutler wanted a trade after Mike was fired, then Josh is left holding the baby regardless of what happened next.

It's his team now. I get it but it seems a lot of people around here fail to realise that and I guarantee no other coaches woud have acted differently.

Montana, the concensus choice as the best QB of all time among fans was traded to the chiefs. It happens. Live with it Cutler and live with it Broncos fans.
        www.nrlhub.com NRL HUB

Comment

• Champ, Marshall, DJ and Elvis will most likely be asked to take less money by Xanders...

Watch as these guys start demanding a trade soon... wont surprise me if Champ asks to be traded before the draft once Cutler is moved.... wont surprise me one bit
          McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
            And, as for me I will continue to bleed orange and blue.

This will not set them back for years. Please, give me a break. All this offense needs is a system QB (Cassel).
            Cassel is not coming to Denver.

And what happens if you get a system quarterback, and McDaniels is fired in two years? Where are you then?

Some fans just have no sense of reality.
            sigpic

Comment

• new season new D.. I going to keep my head up on this. i'm done with all the negative talk time to move on..always and forever a Bronco
              Albert

Comment

• Originally posted by gmjones2001 View Post
                I don't. Not anymore.

I want a QB that wants to be a BRONCO!!!
                I want a coach who's not out to break up the Broncos!:go:
                Haze gray and underway!

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                  Yes - ALL because Cutler is leaving.

Ravage said it best...someday fans will realize just how important it is to have a great quarterback, and not take the position for granted.

Now we're the 1983 Baltimore Colts. Maybe this will be a lesson learned for all of us?
                  We're not the 83 colts. This team drafted cutler and played him. Cutler does not have baseball to fall back on.

Nobody is taking the position for granted. They just see this froma different perspective. That's all.

It is important to have a great QB. But if that great QB doesn't want to work things out and move forward, there is nothing else that can be done! PERIOD. Cutler is taking his ball home and wont play anymore. What else can the team do? Allow him to be a cancer? While the Broncos share in the blame, so does Cutler. There has been plenty stated that his camp did one thing in the meetings and then acted differently as soon as they were out a la calling the coach "after having time to think about things."

Comment

• I really don't understand at this point how any sane person can still believe this is 100% McDaniels' fault and not blame Jay for anything. I mean, come on, Jay has been completely unreasonable the whole time. Even if you believe that McD instigated the trade talks and lied about it (that's the worst case scenario, right?), Jay has shown absolutely NO willingness to mend fences, meet in the middle, or even return phone calls. He's even ignoring Pat Bowlen. I mean, come on. It's time to get real and acknowledge that Cutler has at least some culpability in this whole s***storm. And you'd better start liking McDaniels, because pretty soon he's gonna be the one here while Jay gets to waste away in Detroit.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                      Cassel is not coming to Denver.

And what happens if you get a system quarterback, and McDaniels is fired in two years? Where are you then?

Some fans just have no sense of reality.
                      I wasn't saying go out and get Cassel. I was merely pointing out that a qb that hadn't started a game since high school was able to have success under this coach and this offense.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Some news for April Fools' Eve.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
                          We're not the 83 colts. This team drafted cutler and played him. Cutler does not have baseball to fall back on.

Nobody is taking the position for granted. They just see this froma different perspective. That's all.

It is important to have a great QB. But if that great QB doesn't want to work things out and move forward, there is nothing else that can be done! PERIOD. Cutler is taking his ball home and wont play anymore. What else can the team do? Allow him to be a cancer? While the Broncos share in the blame, so does Cutler. There has been plenty stated that his camp did one thing in the meetings and then acted differently as soon as they were out a la calling the coach "after having time to think about things."
                          No, there's been A LOT of people taking the position for granted. They act like franchise quarterbacks are easy to find, or that the position itself is not really necessary. They put all their stock in McDaniels' system, despite never seeing him coach an actual game.

Every NFL fan takes the position for granted, until the quarterback is gone and 5 years later, your team is in the toilet. At that point, we learn to appreciate what we once had.

Obviously the Broncos have no other option. But there's absolutely no excuse for getting this situation to a point where there was 'no other option'.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by I Hate SD Alot
                            Are you kidding me? I don't want Jay to leave. But the deal is sealed now my friend. Stop dreaming up ways that this is fixed. Its over. Its on the BRONCOS WEBSITE. You're setting yourself up for disappointment for believing Jay is suddenly going to decide he wants back in after he has said he doesn't for a month now. Get your head fixed. Jay Cutler is GONE.
                            Get your head off the computer and go :brick: then come back. You obviously have denial written all in your head of this situation. We get it you are in DENIAL and don't agree with another man opinion good for you stay that way. Stop trying to be funny with your pathetic post after post. Anything can still happen and while we already know you don't agree anything else can still happen after Pat's statement & that my friend is including that Jay can still come back after this. If he's gone then he's gone that's just my opinion.:thumb:

Comment

• Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post

Cutler did want to work it out. IF the team was willing to commit to them.

The team didn't want to commit to him. They told him noone is untradable. Of course he isn't answering the phone, when he tried it the first time, they pissed him off more. Now he wants out and that is all. Just because the team says the ball is in Jays court it doesn't make it true. The team could have commited to him at any point and ended this. They obviously feel they don't need to and that the team is better without Jay. If they didn't think the team could be better without Jay, they would tell him he is untradable.

I'm not sure I can agree with this front office. I think they are kidding themselves if they think they have any chance at having a better QB. I think even listening to offers for a guy that makes 5 times as much and is half as good is a joke by itself. I would have been insulted if I was Cutler. Then for them to continue telling me I am not worth commiting to....

Watch, someone is going to tell him he is untradable. A bunch of teams will be bidding on the chance to tell him that.

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                                I wasn't saying go out and get Cassel. I was merely pointing out that a qb that hadn't started a game since high school was able to have success under this coach and this offense.
                                In a totally different environment with a different set of variables.

And hate to break it to you, but ever heard of Belichick? Turns out he's just a REALLY awesome coach, and all his assistants who have left him have all tanked thus far.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X