McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kbechtler1989 View Post
    so ****ing ridiculous. just pisses me off. i mean im upset jay just didnt bare through but im infuriated with mcdaniels. im infuriated with xanders. and if Bowlen makes this trade ill be infuriated with him. if we go through with the trade it'll be the worst mistake in bronco history and who knows maybe nfl history. if we get rid of cutler we wont be winning anytime soon. with our defense only decent at best, bmarsh maybe out, and without our catalyst on offense were ****ed. plain and simple we are looking at losing season this year, maybe next year and if we are lucky we make the playoffs the year after. i mean even if jay still wound up in denver this year we'd still have a chance of making the playoffs even with this drama. dont trade him.
    I'm not sure why fans would think this way. The Qb, whoever it is, is not the source of the problem in any of the Bronco's losses last year. It was an awful Defense that couldn't stop a pass or the run.
    It's defense, defense and defense that wins championships.

Trade Culter to the Jets, the Jets send their 1st rounder to Cleveland and Cleveland sends Quinn to Denver. Quinn would be fine. Plus he's a quality kid that is familar with McD's system.

Comment

• Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
      What are you talking about?
      Didn't you read that Vic talked to Cutler?
      Lol...reading comprehension on this board is about the same as room full of kids with A.D.D. taking the SAT's.

Comment

• Originally posted by AgentOrange003 View Post
        Anyone know what the hell happened to "Jay is our Quarterback. Period."

I seriously have lost all respect for the new regime in Denver. Four months ago we had a high ranked offense and were one win away from the playoffs. Then we go and lose three straight and fire a hall of fame Coach to get an inexperienced offensive coordinator?

Apart from Brian Dawkins, we haven't made one good defensive signing, and now our offensive unit is going to be completely overhauled. Tell me how that makes sense.

What makes me even more sick is the fact that out there some place a Raider's fan is laughing at us. Come on, how our franchise has fallen!

The question is "what happened to Jay being our QB."

Here is one answer in several parts:

1. He (Bus Cook)was quietly pushing for a trade after Bates was fired.
        2. He publically demanded a trade after trade talks involved him.
        3. He put his house on the market.
        4. He put his parents house on the market.
        5. He had a completely twisted version of the meeting between he, McDaniels, his agent and the GM.
        5. He never called back his coach.
        6. He never called back the owner.
        7. He never showed for any team events in the off season.

It's a two way street buddy. When the owner of the team is trying to contact the player and can only get the agent who says his client has zero interest in playing for your team....guess what?

It's time to trade him.
        [IMG]

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
          theres this old football legend that eirily similer to this saga yet may end up totaly diferant

long ago there was this extremly talented young qb..fleet of feet, elusive, huge arm a hard nosed tuff qb. he carried his team for a few years but couldnt win the big game, of course he had a solid offense and much better defense then jay had, but still the fans wanted more, they expected more, they trashed him called him loser, whinny, crybaby. he like cutler couldnt get along with his coach as his coach drafted a qb TO REPLACE HIM AS HE BLOOMED, because that coach didnt feel the qb fit his system. that coach wanted totrade him because of the dissention between them, because the fans were harsh on him, trashed him ridiculed him and did nt see his true potential

anywway the owner finaly stepped in and said lets see i have a franchise qb, with huge talent, great arm, build a team around him and we got something..or i keep the coach and i lose this qb and hope he knows what hes doing

he made the decision franchise qbs with the level of talent this qb had are very rare..coaches are not..so long coach..hello two superbowls
          that coach never won anything of his own and was chased from the league

sound familier
          The difference between Elway and Cutler is that Elway had already carried the Broncos to 3 Super Bowls when Bowlen chose appeasing Elway over keeping Reeves.

The difference between Reeves and McDaniels is that Bowlen already had a replacement in mind, Mike Shanahan. The only reason Shanahan didn't get the job right away is because Bowlen wanted Wade Phillips to be retained but Shanahan was hell bent on having complete control and running a 4-3 defense. It wasn't until after 2 years of mediocrity under Phillips that Bowlen was ready to give Shanahan the power he wanted.

These are two different situations. Bowlen still has to pay Shanahan for the next 3 years, either in total or make up the difference if Shanahan signs for less to coach another team. He's not going to want to have to pay Shanahan, McDaniels, and another coach just because the whiny bastard quarterback got his feelings hurt. What happens if the another coach comes in and wants an entirely different coaching staff? Let's not forget that Bowlen still has to pay all the assistants that were let go and didn't get a new job that pays the same or more.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?

Comment

• Originally posted by osubroncos86 View Post
            I just went off in a fit of rage.

I want McDaniels, Bowlen, and Xanders FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!! YESTERDAY, IF NOT SOONER!!!!!!!!!!

bowlen...fired. haha. you're funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco_Mike View Post
              I guess we're just supposed to believe this. Maybe it's true, maybe it isn't. The FO doesn't have a great track record of being truthful over the last few months. Maybe they are trying to spin fans over to their side.

It's ridiculous that it has come to this point when it didn't have to.
              Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
              Great points.
              Amazing. So you think he has some great points to make, eh?

Tell me, what good would grinding on the FO serve right now?

Why don't you and ANY Broncos fan out there take the concept of blaming the FO to it's logical conclusion. Go ahead.

I dare any Broncos fan out there to do that. Go ahead. Make my day. :go:

Comment

• Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                Vic said he talked to Cutler himself.
                Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
                What are you talking about?
                Didn't you read that Vic talked to Cutler?
                Just watched the video and heard that, my bad. I dont know whats going on then, or who's telling the truth.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by pitnlala View Post
                  I saw the same report by Vic. He said Cutler was confused, etc.

Sounds like someone who realized he is headed to Detroit or Cleveland. So he will not only be playing for a crappy team, he'll have to spend considerable time in Detroit or Cleveland. No offense to those few Donkey fans residing there, but a threat of this nature would have me back on a plane to Denver within the hour.
                  Bowlen could be playing hardball by releasing that statement. But, I think Pat has had enough and sounds like a owner who's done playing games. I truly believe Cutler is officially gone now, whether he & Bus play the "we tried to call" game or not. Pat is done with this.
                  sigpic

Comment

• You don't stand your BEST chance of going to the dance with a QB that is "fine." How many Super Bowl championships have been won in the last 20 years without a franchise QB on the team?

It Can be done... but very very very unlikely and very difficult. Its SO much easier to build around a stud QB, and when you have one, you don't simply let him go after his 3rd year... a pro-bowl year....

This move, will again put the Broncos behind for the next 10 years.

Comment

• APRIL FOOLS! :cutler:

HAHA.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitnlala View Post
                        Lol...reading comprehension on this board is about the same as room full of kids with A.D.D. taking the SAT's.
                        I think people are still in shock
                        sigpic
                        I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

• Originally posted by Chidoze View Post
                          Just watched the video and heard that, my bad. I dont know whats going on then, or who's telling the truth.

The more I hear, the more I think Bus Cook is running the show for Cutler. If that's true, Cutler deserves what he gets (a trip to Detroit's hell hole).
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chidoze View Post

As I said, if Jay has phone records that prove he tried to contact Josh or Pat, this is going to get ugly for the Denver FO. Let's hope for the sake of the integrity of this team that he doesn't, but I just don't get the impression that Jay is a big fat liar. He's been honest to a fault through most of this, to the point where some of us wish he had lied a little to save face and stick it out.
                            Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by RazR View Post
                              Bowlen could be playing hardball by releasing that statement. But, I think Pat has had enough and sounds like a owner who's done playing games. I truly believe Cutler is officially gone now, whether he & Bus play the "we tried to call" game or not. Pat is done with this.
                              Bowlen doesn't strike me as a man of threats. I'd wager if he said Cutler's on the block, Cutler's on the block.

If Cutler doesn't want to go, I'd say he better hurry. Some teams aren't going to waste any time at all putting together a package, and Broncos history tells me we'll take a reasonable offer very quickly.

No, I think Bowlen's serious. If he says Cutler is trade bait, he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by nebs View Post
                                APRIL FOOLS! :cutler:

HAHA.
                                haha

I keep waiting for that to pop up on the DP or something

Sadly, it won't.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X