McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by diesel51 View Post
    no offense, but what key areas do you disagree with?
    No offense taken.

I disagree with the whole "who are going to get!" mentality that seems to plague this board. I wish more people would realize what a desirable HC job that we have here in Denver.

Seriously, this past season, we've watched 3 brand new coaches take their teams to the playoffs (two of them with rookie qb's) and suddenly everyone here gets thrown into this pandemic of "OH GOD WHAT WILL WE DO!"

Well, how about building a REAL playoff contender? Not a fluke that gets mopped up by the Colts.

And you seem hung up on the zone blocking thing? Do you really think whoever comes in is going to completely trash the quality oline we have, along with guys like Hillis? You're paranoid.
    Last edited by Ch1ggs; 12-30-2008, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ch1ggs View Post

And you seem hung up on the zone blocking thing? Do you really think whoever comes in is going to completely trash the quality oline we have, along with guys like Hillis? You're paranoid.
      I think if someone comes in and wants a power run scheme, were goign to need at leats two replacement guys on the line (Hamilton and whoever is playing C for us next year). I dont know if Ryn Harris fits in a power run scheme either, but, he just might.

A coach will go ahead and discard players that arent making a lot of money (comparatively) and dont fit his scheme.
      sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
      SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

• not paranoid, realistic.

How many teams run a West Coast oriented Zone blocking scheme like ours?

I ask because I'm not really all that sure.

Houston

Seattle?

Chicago?

Colts?

And if Bowlen is wanting change, the new coach he hires may be entirely different from Shanahan's philosophy, which again, is fine on defense, but he was a proven offensive coach.
        Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
        Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
        Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
          So yes, we should have faith in Bowlen, who has always done what he felt was best for us to win.
          Sure, we have to have faith, but how much real football experience does Bowlen have? It's easy to write checks and get people to run the team, but what is his real knowledge of the game?

I hope he doesn't turn into a Jerry Jones or Al Davis type of owner............E

Comment

• Can Jay Cutler Handle This

Wow, whirlwind 24 hours. A lot of thoughts going through my mind, but the biggest one I have is...

Is Jay professional enough to handle this?

Jay is talented no doubt about it, he has the tools and ability but just what we have seen in his attitude makes me question whether he is mature enough professionally to handle this?

Shanny brought him in, gave him his chance, and is the only HC he has known. Some of his actions (calling out teammates, the Rivers thing, the Elway comment) lead me to wonder if he will handle the change as a professional or will he act like a spoiled brat?

I hope for the sake of the Broncos that he grows from this and is able to adjust to a new coaching staff without showing any signs on immaturity.

Just my thoughts

:salute!:
            Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Thats part of the NFL. Thats part of college. YOu deal with new coaches... thats just part of the game.

Of course he can handle this.

Comment

• We'll see. He is so emotional to extremes.

He should be professional enough to handle these changes but we'll have to wait and see. Especially if he gets a new offense totally different from the West Coast and Shanny's terminolgy.

Cutler will just have to grow up and get the job done. This is the NFL!:salute!:
                Last edited by Emancipator; 12-31-2008, 12:42 PM.
                Emancipate your mind!
                The People's Poster

Comment

• You're being way too dramatic about it. Coaches get fired and regime changes happen all over the league and players are fine. Pat Bowlen is smart, he will bring in a coaching staff with an offensive system that suits Cutler, and Cutler will be fine with it.
                  sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

• I guess we'll have to wait and find out.
                    I'm sure he'll be fine though.
                    Originally posted by armybroncofan
                    ...Remember one thing, the paper tiger is always right ...
                    Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. -Tyler Durden [Fight Club]

Comment

• Maybe Cutler will see this as an opportunity to step up as a leader and lead his team through this new phase- to work hard and prove that they are a strong team that deserves to stay together. Can we have a new coach and have the 2009 season start already? I want to see what it will be like.

Me with Jay Cutler.

Me with Marlon McCree and my brother.

5-1 at Broncos games (5-0 at home).

Comment

• Dude, what do you think he is? 12? He's an adult and can handle it. It's not like he died when he went from College to NFL.

Coaches change all the time. He's not just gonna break down and huddle in a corner because his surroundings change.

Comment

• I don't think I'm being over dramatic and I do not think he is 12. Based on what we have observed as his behavior it will be interesting to see how he reacts to the situation. This should only help his development having to deal with an adverse situation, but it remains to be seen if he will handle it with the maturity expected of a grownup pro athlete.
                          Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Cutler made it from high school to college to the pros with no problems, he should be able to make it happen with no problem.

Comment

• Well, according to Bowlen and Shanny, Jay understands fully and will be okay.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by pikman View Post
                                Wow, whirlwind 24 hours. A lot of thoughts going through my mind, but the biggest one I have is...

Is Jay professional enough to handle this?

Jay is talented no doubt about it, he has the tools and ability but just what we have seen in his attitude makes me question whether he is mature enough professionally to handle this?

Shanny brought him in, gave him his chance, and is the only HC he has known. Some of his actions (calling out teammates, the Rivers thing, the Elway comment) lead me to wonder if he will handle the change as a professional or will he act like a spoiled brat?

I hope for the sake of the Broncos that he grows from this and is able to adjust to a new coaching staff without showing any signs on immaturity.

Just my thoughts

:salute!:
                                If he could carry a team with no defense to 8 wins this year, then dealing with a new coach should be a breeze.
                                "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X