Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jay has been puzzled for the last 3 years, this is not a new condition.

    Comment


    • Not to the Browns.

      That's for sure and if you insist on a Browns QB - enjoy Anderson. He's similar to Cutler - he has a strong arm. How about that for you? Having the Browns mortgage their future so that Denver can have a QB makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. But hey, you just have to mock the Browns for something and act like everyone that runs the team are idiots.
      The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

      The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
        But he didn't want to. McDaniels "tried" wayyyy too late. He talked friendly and optimistic to Jay's face.. tried to trade him behind his back, then when it backfired he tried to BLAME the "paranoia" on Jay. Only to later admit he actuall was "TRYING" to trade Jay and not simply "answer the phones."

        Between he lying and then admiting.. he had a chance to sit with Jay and set things straight. Instead, he decided it was a good time to thump his chest, tell Jay that everyone is tradable, and he expects Jay to show up at voluntary camps. Not exactly good people managment, I don't care WHAT level of people you are dealing with or who they are. Heal first, THEN put yoru foot down when its NEEDED.

        Don't expect ANYONE to simply 'ignore' the fact that you lied to them, THEN to the mast media and fans to make you look stupid, simply because YOU think they should 'move on.' People don't move on simply because you want them to. You have to address it first. McDaniels didn't.

        As a result.... Jay doesn't trust him in the least. He doesn't like him, and doesn't want to work for/with him. I can't say that I blame him. I wouldn't want to work for a coach that I didn't trust or like. Do I, as the QB, want to go through this EVERY off-season? Do I want to FEEL like I'm going through this every off-season simply because I don't trust the guy that lied to my face?? No... ESPECIALLY when there are 10 other companies ready to hire me at the same price (or more) than I'm already working at.

        I'd tell My boss to screw off. Thats basically what Jay is doing.. and at the same time, he feels that Bowlen took McDaniels side.... and Bowlen DID. Why would Jay care if Bowlen was calling? Bowlen didn't draft him. Obviously Bowlen wants to let his coaches do everything. Bowlen didn't show any loyalty to Jay when he was letting McDaniels simply trade him away (for a back-up) after telling Jay HE was their QB. Why would Jay care what Bowlen has to say? Bowlen lied as well.

        There are a lot of reasons why Jay doesn't feel wanted or appreciated. The more I think about it, the more I understand why Jay doesn't want to be in Denver any longer.

        Listen to yourself. You are in Jay denial!

        Why would Jay return Bowlens calls?????

        How about to show some respect to the guy that has paid you millions of dollars??????

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JayhasAbighead View Post
          I don't know if it will happen but for the Bronco's sake i think it would be good if.... Cutler was traded to Tampa Bay for Josh Johnson and their #1 draft pick. Let Johnson compete with Simms for the starting job and i think you'll be pleasantly surprised with Johnson. He was prolific in College (division 2) Excellent decision maker, with a gun, and he can scramble better than Jay. Use both 1st rounders to plug hole's in the defense and if the QB situation doesn't work out, Denver should have excellent draft position for McCoy next year
          Who?.......

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
            Had the roles been reversed or our boards like the idiotic CMB's you would have a 2 month long ban right now!

            Instead of banning you, you should go create a post on the CMB's saying the Bronco mods are 100 times the CMB's mods. And that the CMB's suck.
            Well I dont feel the need to do that, but i will agree the Mods here are better and the boards livelier because of it.

            I come to mix it up with you guys sometimes because the homerism is a little much, though that exists on all boards I suppose.

            The Broncos fans who blame this entirely on management and find no fault with cutler would be an example here.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by stargazer View Post
              Most people don't get this and probably never will.
              In business it is considered proper to communicate with your boss regardless of your personal feelings.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                But he didn't want to. McDaniels "tried" wayyyy too late. He talked friendly and optimistic to Jay's face.. tried to trade him behind his back, then when it backfired he tried to BLAME the "paranoia" on Jay. Only to later admit he actuall was "TRYING" to trade Jay and not simply "answer the phones."

                Between he lying and then admiting.. he had a chance to sit with Jay and set things straight. Instead, he decided it was a good time to thump his chest, tell Jay that everyone is tradable, and he expects Jay to show up at voluntary camps. Not exactly good people managment, I don't care WHAT level of people you are dealing with or who they are. Heal first, THEN put yoru foot down when its NEEDED.

                Don't expect ANYONE to simply 'ignore' the fact that you lied to them, THEN to the mast media and fans to make you look stupid, simply because YOU think they should 'move on.' People don't move on simply because you want them to. You have to address it first. McDaniels didn't.

                As a result.... Jay doesn't trust him in the least. He doesn't like him, and doesn't want to work for/with him. I can't say that I blame him. I wouldn't want to work for a coach that I didn't trust or like. Do I, as the QB, want to go through this EVERY off-season? Do I want to FEEL like I'm going through this every off-season simply because I don't trust the guy that lied to my face?? No... ESPECIALLY when there are 10 other companies ready to hire me at the same price (or more) than I'm already working at.

                I'd tell My boss to screw off. Thats basically what Jay is doing.. and at the same time, he feels that Bowlen took McDaniels side.... and Bowlen DID. Why would Jay care if Bowlen was calling? Bowlen didn't draft him. Obviously Bowlen wants to let his coaches do everything. Bowlen didn't show any loyalty to Jay when he was letting McDaniels simply trade him away (for a back-up) after telling Jay HE was their QB. Why would Jay care what Bowlen has to say? Bowlen lied as well.

                There are a lot of reasons why Jay doesn't feel wanted or appreciated. The more I think about it, the more I understand why Jay doesn't want to be in Denver any longer.

                Listen to yourself. You are in Jay denial!

                Why would Jay return Bowlens calls?????

                How about to show some respect to the guy that has paid you millions of dollars??????

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                  Not to the Browns.

                  That's for sure and if you insist on a Browns QB - enjoy Anderson. He's similar to Cutler - he has a strong arm. How about that for you? Having the Browns mortgage their future so that Denver can have a QB makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. But hey, you just have to mock the Browns for something and act like everyone that runs the team are idiots.
                  Although I'm a fan on Quinn and would love to see him in Denver you have a point. Why should we as Bronco fans expect Cleveland to deal one talented, promising your QB in Quinn to Denver for a talented, troubled QB with a medical problem that (history has shown) effects his play. *Insert Pro Bowl tape here*

                  Cleveland can't be that dumb, but I hope so.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                    You don't stand your BEST chance of going to the dance with a QB that is "fine." How many Super Bowl championships have been won in the last 20 years without a franchise QB on the team?

                    It Can be done... but very very very unlikely and very difficult. Its SO much easier to build around a stud QB, and when you have one, you don't simply let him go after his 3rd year... a pro-bowl year....

                    This move, will again put the Broncos behind for the next 10 years.
                    It's very very unlikely and very difficult to win the SB period, franchise QB or not.

                    The thing that all of the SB winning teams have in common is NOT a "franchise QB". When you look at the SB teams, it's not like you're looking at a bunch of crappy teams with great QBs. SB teams have solid to strong defensive play. Solid QB play, and very good play from the role-players and depth positions. Do you need a "franchise" QB for that? Well, sure, if you consider Brad Johnson to be a franchise QB. Or Trent Dilfer. But really, you just need solid to strong play from the QB spot, along with an overall VERY talented team.

                    My point is, this team isn't getting to the SB, regardless of who's behind center, until it increases the level of talent on the team, especially defensively. And Cutler has not shown me anything that would allow me to put him in the class of SB-winning quarterbacks, especially the ones you would probably actually consider "franchise" QBs: Brady, Roethlisberger, Manning, and...uhh...Manning, for example.

                    So to me, losing Cutler would be a setback, but not necessarily the level of setback you and many of the other Cutler fans are assuming it is. In fact, if we improve the talent on the team like we need to, and get, say, a better-than-average QB, not even top 10, who buys into the system we've done more for our SB chances than if we keep a malcontent Cutler who refuses to be coached and gets his feathers ruffled because he's no longer the "golden boy". It shouldn't be too hard to find a QB who can make use of Brandon, Royal, Stokley, Gaffney, protected by this O line with Hillis catching passes in the flats. Griese would make it to the pro bowl with this team around him.
                    Last edited by Lomax; 04-01-2009, 12:28 AM.
                    "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post

                      There are a lot of reasons why Jay doesn't feel wanted or appreciated. The more I think about it, the more I understand why Jay doesn't want to be in Denver any longer.
                      Your right, he didn't want to stay and now he doesn't have to, case closed.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                        Not to the Browns.

                        That's for sure and if you insist on a Browns QB - enjoy Anderson. He's similar to Cutler - he has a strong arm. How about that for you? Having the Browns mortgage their future so that Denver can have a QB makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. But hey, you just have to mock the Browns for something and act like everyone that runs the team are idiots.
                        If the browns were interested in any way in Jay cutler how can you think that Quinn is still the future?

                        If the Browns keep Quinn and get Cutler... guess who's starting
                        He's still Tim Tebow... and you're NOT!
                        But Peyton Manning will win a Super Bowl.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Kilroy View Post
                          If the browns were interested in any way in Jay cutler how can you think that Quinn is still the future?

                          If the Browns keep Quinn and get Cutler... guess who's starting
                          I do not want Cutler.

                          I would much rather have Art Modell come back and take the team from me all over again and let me die with absolutely nothing. How's that for how much "I want Cutler". Before you come back and talk smack, I want Quinn starting for the Browns. I DO NOT want a spoiled whiny QB who ran his way out of Denver with his tail between his legs starting for the Browns. I don't care if he threw for 25 touchdowns and 18 interceptions or not. I want Quinn, Quinn hasn't proven anything yea. But guess what? His heart and his mind are in the right place. That is NOT what you can say about Cutler.
                          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

                          The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Lomax View Post
                            It's very very unlikely and very difficult to win the SB period, franchise QB or not.

                            The thing that all of the SB winning teams have in common is NOT a "franchise QB". When you look at the SB teams, it's not like you're looking at a bunch of crappy teams with great QBs. SB teams have solid to strong defensive play. Solid QB play, and very good play from the role-players and depth positions. Do you need a "franchise" QB for that? Well, sure, if you consider Brad Johnson to be a franchise QB. Or Trent Dilfer. But really, you just need solid to strong play from the QB spot, along with an overall VERY talented team.

                            My point is, this team isn't getting to the SB, regardless of who's behind center, until it increases the level of talent on the team, especially defensively. And that Cutler has not shown me anything that would allow me to put him in the class of SB-winning quarterbacks, especially the ones you would probably actually consider "franchise" QBs: Brady, Roethlisberger, Manning, and...uhh...Manning, for example.

                            So to me, losing Cutler would be a setback, but not necessarily the level of setback you and many of the other Cutler fans are assuming it is. In fact, if we improve the talent on the team like we need to, and get, say, a better-than-average QB, not even top 10, who buys into the system we've done more for our SB chances than if we had kept a malcontent Cutler who refuses to be coached and gets his feathers ruffled because he's no longer the "golden boy".
                            Rep... One of the better takes I've heard so far...™
                            This space for rent

                            Comment


                            • Browns recieve:
                              Cutler

                              Broncos recieve:
                              Derek Anderson
                              #5 Overall pick.

                              Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

                              Comment


                              • I gota think he is going to the jets..For their first round pick, Jenkins and clemens..Call me Crazy, but the jets can spare Jenkins, and if they get Cutler, he'll more than make up for it and make them a superbowl caliber team.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X