Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I do not want Cutler.

I would much rather have Art Modell come back and take the team from me all over again and let me die with absolutely nothing. How's that for how much "I want Cutler". Before you come back and talk smack, I want Quinn starting for the Browns. I DO NOT want a spoiled whiny QB who ran his way out of Denver with his tail between his legs starting for the Browns. I don't care if he threw for 25 touchdowns and 18 interceptions or not. I want Quinn, Quinn hasn't proven anything yea. But guess what? His heart and his mind are in the right place. That is NOT what you can say about Cutler.
    Another good point by the Browns fan.

Cleveland can have Jay Cutler if they want, we will always have the 1980s.

Comment

• My father and I own a business together but overall he is my boss. If I didn't talk to him for 10 days I would no longer have a job. Seriously its one thing not to talk to McDaniels who well is your boss. Its a whole different story not to talk to Bowlen who well is your daddy. I don't want to see Cutler go but at this point I'm not pinning all of this on the front office. It takes two to tango and there is a hell of a lot more that we the FANS don't no and will never no.

Here's the way it works in my book. I'm a Broncos fan for over 25yrs. Pat owns the team I love. Pat believes that Josh McDaniels is the best person to lead the team I love. Josh and Pat are ready to move on without Jay who at one point was the a QB the team I loved. Jay will not be a Bronco next year and therefore I will not love him. I will LOVE my BRONCOS at all costs. If I can get over John Elways retirement I can get over anything.
      Last edited by CobyElway7; 04-01-2009, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REF View Post
        I'm not sure why fans would think this way. The Qb, whoever it is, is not the source of the problem in any of the Bronco's losses last year.
        I disagree. Cutler was one of the problems when we lost to the Raiders in week 12, for example. He was out of tune. 43.2 completion %, 49.8 QB rating, 0 TDs, 1 INT and caused a fumble by executing the wrong play. He was also a problem against the Dolphins in week 9. An awful start with 2 early interceptions and another pick in the 4th quarter. 1 was returned for TD and the other 2 put the Dolphins in easy positions to score. He completed half of his passes (okay, Marshall likes to drop) and had a 60.7 QB rating. Just a few examples. He is not perfect, no one is, but sometimes he was a huge factor to our losses.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CutlerEra06 View Post
          I gota think he is going to the jets..For their first round pick, Jenkins and clemens..Call me Crazy, but the jets can spare Jenkins, and if they get Cutler, he'll more than make up for it and make them a superbowl caliber team.
          I personally would take less in a trade to ensure that Cutler goes to a annual losing team like Detroit. Lets see him flourish in that mess. Whether it be NY or DET he will be freezing his backside off while his boy Bates soaks up the sun in southern cal at USC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoss View Post
            Another good point by the Browns fan.

Cleveland can have Jay Cutler if they want, we will always have the 1980s.
            Did I speak English? I believe I did I DO NOT want Jay Cutler and I DO NOT want to trade away Quinn.
            The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

• Originally posted by AgentOrange003 View Post
              Anyone know what the hell happened to "Jay is our Quarterback. Period."

I seriously have lost all respect for the new regime in Denver. Four months ago we had a high ranked offense and were one win away from the playoffs. Then we go and lose three straight and fire a hall of fame Coach to get an inexperienced offensive coordinator?

Apart from Brian Dawkins, we haven't made one good defensive signing, and now our offensive unit is going to be completely overhauled. Tell me how that makes sense.

What makes me even more sick is the fact that out there some place a Raider's fan is laughing at us. Come on, how our franchise has fallen!
              I'll tell you exactly what happened, Jay didn't fulfill his part of the deal. Whether you think McDaniel's messed up in the first place or not, since that quote on quote "mistake" he has focused on the here and now, attacking free agency to provide us what we lacked most...depth.

In his last interviews McD said he wanted to talk with Jay, One on One and that he thought this could eventually be repaired. Although he PUBLICLY said that Jay is his guy and that he wants to sit down and clear the wa and make amends, Jay didn't respond....and even didn't respond to Bowlen (the guy signing his checks).

Whether it is Cook or Cutler to blame they didn't think clearly...and this whole thing is becoming a cancer that can ultimately destroy this team.

I love Jay, but his latest actions have said enough on his behalf...its time he goes.
              sigpic

Comment

• This is just one of those situations that you have to laugh at in one of those sadistic and hopeless ways. Both sides completely screwed up on this one.

Both sides are to blame, but at this point I blame Bus Cook the most. He's obviously the motivating factor behind Jay not returning the FO's calls.

As I've said before I really think unless McD comes up with something great to save his career in Denver, he's in pretty big trouble. It's easy for a QB like Jay to find a job somewhere else. If McD continues to make these mistakes other teams are going to be very reluctant to give him a HC job and he wont be in Denver for long. Even if he does have Bowlen's support in this matter, not IF but WHEN this backfires on us to prove to be one of the biggest mistakes in Bronco's history if not NFL history McD will be gone, if not before that.

What I find more disconcerting is if we treat our pro bowl QB this way, how will it effect the rest of the team? We have a lot of key players coming up on contract renewal and if this is how players are treated why would they want to come back?

Comment

• I do not want Cutler.

I would much rather have Art Modell come back and take the team from me all over again and let me die with absolutely nothing.
                  I think the Browns can arrange this...

And stop being overly dramatic... if the Browns are your EVERYTHING... go outside. I hear there might even be girls.
                  Last edited by Kilroy; 04-01-2009, 12:32 AM.
                  He's still Tim Tebow... and you're NOT!
                  But Peyton Manning will win a Super Bowl.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldster View Post
                    I was a Bronco fan yesterday, still am today and will be tomorrow. Let's move on, if you are that butt hurt about his whole affair find another team that suits you.
                    So what you're saying is that disagreeing with decisions that are made that may hurt the team you LOVE makes you less of a fan. I think it would be the other way around. REAL fans do get "butt hurt" when fiascos like this happen because we actually care about the team. Maybe you should go watch a team and settle for whatever comes around. It's called CARING about your team, and issues like this do hurt..........:go:

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                      You ever think that Jay does not want to talk to Pat or Josh, hence the trade request? Why would Pat say they have tried to reach him for 10 days with no success? If Jay doesn't want to stay in Denver, why would he talk to anyone of the front office? He forces them to trade him by being non communicative.
                      Sorry guys, I don't buy this.

Cutler has the phone number for Broncos headquarters and he knows how to get in touch with McDaniels and Bowlen.

If Jay was sincerely "puzzled" and wanted communications with the Broncos, he can pick up the phone and dial it himself.

Actually Bronco51, I agree with you, I don't agree that Cutler is really "puzzled" and wants someone from the Broncos to contact him. Doesn't make sense to me.
                      Last edited by rogue719; 04-01-2009, 12:32 AM. Reason: addition
                      You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Kilroy View Post
                        Yea, go on with your smack.

I am sick and tired of this Cutler talk. I do not want him and I do not want the Browns to get involved in this Sink Hole.

Comment

• Originally posted by BDeveraux View Post
                          What I find more disconcerting is if we treat our pro bowl QB this way, how will it effect the rest of the team? We have a lot of key players coming up on contract renewal and if this is how players are treated why would they want to come back?
                          How many players did you see bolting for the doors over the years as Shanahan got rid of people?

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                            Yea, go on with your smack.

I am sick and tired of this Cutler talk. I do not want him and I do not want the Browns to get involved in this Sink Hole.
                            I hope for your sake you're right... but there is usually some vien of truth to most rumors
                            He's still Tim Tebow... and you're NOT!
                            But Peyton Manning will win a Super Bowl.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kilroy View Post

And stop being overly dramatic... if the Browns are your EVERYTHING... go outside. I hear there might even be girls.
                              The only football team I care about is the Browns. I love the team. I am not going to sit here and watch the team get ruined by this fiasco that has nothing to do with the team. I have a lot of things I do right now, it is the OFFSEASON. So don't go below the waist.

Comment

• I've heard alot of people say Quinn isnt going anywhere and if any1 left it would be Anderson.... So i guess my question is would trade Cutler for anderson and there 5th? thats basically wat i know about the trade im not sure what the third team gives up but thats basically what wed end up with right?

Comment

Working...
                                X