McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mtownclown View Post
    I've heard alot of people say Quinn isnt going anywhere and if any1 left it would be Anderson.... So i guess my question is would trade Cutler for anderson and there 5th? thats basically wat i know about the trade im not sure what the third team gives up but thats basically what wed end up with right?
    Doing that, Denver would be screwed. Giving a bunch for a QB with little QB smarts. I don't want Cutler. If I was Kokinis and I even breathed anthing with this trade, I'd want draft picks for Anderson and that is it. Send Cutler somewhere else. Someplace that didn't draft a young QB in the first round.
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

• Ravage, you are one of the best posters here. I see a bunch of people, including a Charger fan arguing with you and the only legit thing I can see is that Jay should have returned Bowlen's calls... or at the very least, instructed his agent to return the calls.

There are a few things that I've read here that I think need to be addressed. As far as his career goes, Jay's best option is not in Denver anymore. He can't work under McD, it's impossible. If McD's tenure is not successful, the obvious scapegoat will be Jay. If he can't justify his w/l record with amazing stats and a pro bowl caliber year, what makes you think he'd be able to do it with an unsuccessful year under McD. With the looks of the schedule and the major changes going on, it is very possible that we are looking at best, a mediocre season. We are not a great team, at least not yet. If you think there will be a playoff season in 2009, you are severely delusional. I love the Broncos just as much as the next person, but I'm a realist, too.

Also, Jay needs to be accountable for his actions. If he is taking advice from a bad agent, he needs to be liable for that. As a Cutler supporter, I implore my fellow Cutler supporters to stop blaming Bus Cook.

With regards to trade partners and other GM's, if you think Jay can't get another job, you are sorely mistaken. If you think Jay is not aware that he may be in Detroit next year, you are sorely mistaken as well. By requesting a trade, you accept the fact that you may end up somewhere you may not want to be. A major statement on Jay's part of how much he doesn't want to play for McD.

If you think GM's are looking into Jay's character, they should. Shanny's available for calls, as well as Bates. If you think that GM's are NOT looking at the foibles of Xanders & McD, you are also sorely mistaken. Every experienced GM would know that McD dropped the big hairy ball on this one. If we know it, so would they.

Lastly, I knew this was coming down the pipe. I posted it even after the NFL Network interview. I saw it as FO spin at it's finest. This has been spin mode since the day Cook called out Bowlen. The deal was done then. The Broncos needed to work on increasing the trade value for Jay as well as win back the fan support. I've been saying this for some time now.

I wish Jay the best of luck in his quest for a championship ring. I will watch him closely and will sorely miss his play here at Invesco. Now I need to go sulk. Thanks for hearing me out.

Comment

• Very unfortunate turn of events. But if blood is thicker then water and you bleed blue and orange. You have no choice but to believe that the outcome of this entire situation will be positive

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco_Obama View Post
          Very unfortunate turn of events. But if blood is thicker then water and you bleed blue and orange. You have no choice but to believe that the outcome of this entire situation will be positive
          ....I don't think that analogy works here.

Comment

• Conflicting Story

Segment from a DenverPost article.

A source close to Cutler said the quarterback was surprised by Bowlen's declaration. In recent days, Cutler had packed up his car in Nashville and had it shipped to Denver, where he intended to show up for the team's first minicamp April 17-19.

The source added that Cutler said he has not received phone calls from the Broncos since he received a text from McDaniels a week ago Tuesday. Whatever the interpretation, Bowlen decided to exercise his ownership powers and end all confusion. He's the boss, and he says the team will trade Cutler.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12040620
            Something seems wrong with this whole situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
              Did I speak English? I believe I did I DO NOT want Jay Cutler and I DO NOT want to trade away Quinn.

No, I understood what you meant and where you stand. Secretly I just wanted to remind a Browns fan about the 80s.

Comment

• This whole thing is odd...
                sigpic

Comment

• Can we go back to late December? Cause, the pain of the Chargers loss was better then this. We had a promising young offense, a hof head coach, and some work to do on defense.

Now? We have Chris Simms as QB, the looming threat of a long suspension of Marshall, a young, coach who seems to be losing the team fast, and, uh, some work to do on the defense. After they learn another new system.

Comment

• I prefer to believe in the owner of the Broncos, Pat Bowlen, described by Mike Shanahan as "the best owner in sports", rather than trust an unknown source speaking on behalf of a disgruntled player and his venomous agent.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by I Hate SD Alot View Post
                      15 years from now, people will talk about this trade the same way they talk about Atlanta trading Brett Favre to Green Bay.
                      Not if the broncos are smart and trade him to DETROIT.

Comment

• Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
                        Segment from a DenverPost article.

Something seems wrong with this whole situation.
                        from the looks of things something has been wrong since we didnt make the playoffs....

Comment

• Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
                          ....I don't think that analogy works here.
                          why wouldnt it.......its not hard to be positive. First and foremost you are a bronco fan right????

Comment

• Originally posted by AgentOrange003 View Post
                            Anyone know what the hell happened to "Jay is our Quarterback. Period."

I seriously have lost all respect for the new regime in Denver. Four months ago we had a high ranked offense and were one win away from the playoffs. Then we go and lose three straight and fire a hall of fame Coach to get an inexperienced offensive coordinator?

Apart from Brian Dawkins, we haven't made one good defensive signing, and now our offensive unit is going to be completely overhauled. Tell me how that makes sense.

What makes me even more sick is the fact that out there some place a Raider's fan is laughing at us. Come on, how our franchise has fallen!

he lied...

Comment

• Originally posted by Game View Post
                              Not if the broncos are smart and trade him to DETROIT.
                              Trade the baby to Detroit and let him get sacked 10 times a game.
                              Lets draft Stafford who is a Cutler clone anyway and comes with less baggage and as far as i know is disease-free.

I also like that he has a look of Elway about him. :go:

Comment

• either jay is in denver tomorrow when we all wake up (wednesday) or he never comes to denver again as an ally.....

Comment

Working...
                                X