X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JayButNotCutler View Post
    You're out of line, and off base.
    I don't agree.

None of this had to come to this point. It came here because the player, who happens to be the *employee* who is paid millions of dollars and is idolized throughout the Colorado area, decided that there was no point in communicating with the coaches who wanted to work things out nor the owner who paid him those millions of dollars.

The QB essentially put himself above the team. He was trying to make himself feel better.

And really, if he thinks he's undervalued, he can always test the market, except for those pesky contract thingies. You know, where you make an agreement and say that you will honor that contract?

Do I think McDoogie and Bowlen are blameless? No, McDoogie actively worked on a potential trade for Cutler without telling the owner, who believes it was never serious because it never crossed his desk. McDoogie believed that since he wanted to win now and his old QB knew the system there would be a faster transition from the old to the new. He was trying to make the Broncos better. Bad coach! The headstrong and unhappy QB was miserable that he wasn't thought of as untouchable in a business like the NFL.

The owner is not blameless either, because when he had the opportunity to put a stop to this, he allowed the rookie coach to stand or fall as the coach. He believed that if you hire someone to be the boss and you don't let him be the boss, you might as well admit you made the wrong decision and let him go and hire someone else. He was trying to be the Owner. He could have intervened, likely should have when he saw that McDoogie was struggling. But he trusted the man he hired to be the Coach that would shake up things and make the Broncos better.

McDoogie came from a system where NO ONE, not even the star QB with 3 super bowl rings, is more important than the team, where they eschew the star player for team glory and success.

That's what he wants here.

Bowlen wanted that same attitude, that same system, where you actually think of yourself as a team rather than individuals.

There is enough blame for everyone to go around, but I save my greatest blame for the QB who felt that he was above the team and too good to work on communication with the coaches and the owners.

Deal 'em to Detroit and let him sample the losing life up there for a few years. I hope Bus even negotiates him a new 6 year contract for 100 million dollars, so he's set himself in stone to win or fail with the Lions.
    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

• Jay will get better if he matures and he keeps the ego in check, but Denver will NOT find another QB like him or better. Look for a 4-12 season.:cutler:

Comment

• Originally posted by JayButNotCutler View Post
        You're out of line, and off base.
        No he is dead on the money maybe if you were actually a Bronco Fan and not a Brat fan you would see this.

Hopefully when his butt hits the road you will follow.

Comment

• You know what? I think it's time to deal Cutler.

This situation has been handled poorly by every party involved. But Cutler is coming across as being unreasonable.

He should at least state his intentions. I'm gonna come back, I just don't want to talk right now...etc. I get the idea he's just ignoring them.

I don't think McDaniels has been wise in this whole event. Make no mistake after the Broncos deal Cutler, his job will be on notice. He has less than three years to start showing improvement or he should be out of here.

The thing with Cutler is this team can ill afford to have any more personal distractions and self-centered ego's dragging the team down. Get rid of him, the Broncos don't need a whiner in the locker-room with either a direct or indirect way of portraying a "it's all about me" persona.

Cutler is a phenomenal talent. He has a bright future. But he hasn't dealt with this situation well, even though he thinks he isn't at fault for any of it. His immaturity has reared it's ugly head, and his personal pride won't let him move forward from it.

Sorry Jay, I like you and respect your game, and I am not saying I'm enamored with McDaniels, Bowlen or Xanders but it's time you get over it and start communicating, otherwise I can't feel sorry for you anymore.
          sigpic

In this picture, Rivers explains why he thinks he is so good.

Is that Y=LT?

Comment

• Well, then goodbye Cutler. I don't think that we need a QB that wants to get traded just because he isn't happy with his coach. Obviously he doesn't care about the Broncos, he doesn't care about his teammates, he just cares about himself. He is not committed to this team and we don't need such players.
            Cutler needs to realize that he is not a star yet. All he achieved was one Pro Bowl election but no winning record, no Play-Offs...
            Ok, I hate to lose Cutler because he has potential to become a really great QB... but we don't need any 'divas' on this team and if this whole story is not just a prank and Cutler really doesn't give a s**t about this team, then get rid of him.
            I tell you one thing: If he really gets traded, he will regret that really soon. I don't think how you can really wish to get traded when your probable future team is the Detroit Lions... really, who wants to get traded if one option is the Detroit Lions??
            Well, if he gets traded to one of those loser-teams, it's his problems. I'm just tired of this whole story... McDaniels obviously stepped up and tried to start things over with Cutler but as things look now, Cutler doesn't care a single thing about the Denver Broncos.
            sigpic

BRING BACK ORANGE!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gsam View Post
              What a shame our Broncos have become. I remember not so long ago, a coach cared enough about a player like Rod Smith to save him a roster spot.

I remember the QB that coach drafted and he mentored him for years.

I remember a QB who took to heart the example his coach imparted on him and cared enough to let a troubled WR live in his basement so he could stay out of trouble.

I remember a QB that took his O-Line on vacation to thank them for the paltry few sacks they gave up.

I remember a QB who took his best TE and his best WR to practice with him in the offseason so they would have their timing down for the regular season.

I remember a QB that went 13-1 when his defense showed up to help.

I remember a fiery QB who threw down an D-lineman that got hin his face.

I remember a QB lead blocking for travis henry.

I remember a QB that never backed down from a challenge and didn't mind playing for a school like vanderbilt.

I remember a QB that made the players around him better.

now.... I remember the following

I remember an Owner that told his QB that he was the man.

I remember a QB who asked only for his remaining coaches to be left alone.

I remember a coach who fired his QB's remaining coaches.

I remember a QB that still tried to come around and learn his new coaches systm.

I remember a coach that took tried to trade a QB for an unproven kid.

I remember an owner that stood by and let his own promises to jay get trampled.

I now see a QB who knows he has been betrayed, and who no longer wants to be part of what is happening in denver, and frankly, I dont blame him.

What a shame we have become.

I love the Broncos, but I would love nothing more than to see our gift of a QB that we are now discarding land with another team and win a superbowl.

The regime has changed, the Broncos of old are gone and the cut throat, backhanded New England style of football is upon us.

Josh Mcdaniels, you are a fool.
              All true, Your owner has scared 2 franchise QB's out of town....big question here is who will QB this team in the future? I mean, people here want to point fingers at Jaybone and how immature he is. How about looking at the fact that most QB's won't play for your team with this kind of owner. Blowen plays the back and acts like hes out of the loop, but he has pushed 2 QB's our of Denver in the worst ways ever seen. Face it...it's your owner that is the issue here. Cutler wasn't the reason you haven't made the playoffs in the last 3 seasons. If anything he was the reason you even got close last season. When Jay plays the Broncos with his new team, no matter who they are he will beat you.

Comment

• I remember a Denver franchise that used to have winning seasons.

I remember a HOF coach that got too comfortable and didn't make the right decisions.

I remember a QB that commanded respect from his peers and was proud to wear the orange and blue.

I'll always remember this offseason because we have had a lucky escape. Jay has a lot of talent but the wrong attitude. I want a QB that is a winner, has a brain and doesn't throw his toys out of the buggy everytime things don't go right. Keeping hold of Jay was like delaying the inevitable. Lets move on and find our new franchise QB.

Draft Stafford or Bradford next year and McDaniels will make them winners.
                Cutlers career is OVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by HEADCREEPS View Post
                  All true, Your owner has scared 2 franchise QB's out of town....big question here is who will QB this team in the future? I mean, people here want to point fingers at Jaybone and how immature he is. How about looking at the fact that most QB's won't play for your team with this kind of owner. Blowen plays the back and acts like hes out of the loop, but he has pushed 2 QB's our of Denver in the worst ways ever seen. Face it...it's your owner that is the issue here. Cutler wasn't the reason you haven't made the playoffs in the last 3 seasons. If anything he was the reason you even got close last season. When Jay plays the Broncos with his new team, no matter who they are he will beat you.
                  Are you Jay Cutler?

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                    Goals for the message board staff?

Bigger contracts.

LOL always a good Laugh to be expected from the Lord!!:go:

Comment

• More like the Broncos don't need Cutler lol Cya Crybaby Jay don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!

Comment

• Jay Cutler is not at fault in anyway

Jay Cutler isn't at fault.

It's the entire Broncos administration that is at fault.

We end up getting some punk-ass (excuse my french) young new head coach in Josh McDaniels who thinks that he is a demi-god for leading a stacked Patriots team to an 11-5 season with Matt Cassell at QB, thus he thinks he owns Matt Cassell and deserves to own him in Denver.

Jay Cutler is one of the top 5 QBs in the entire NFL, but Josh McDaniels thinks he can do better with a high school QB? Sure, that makes sense...

Cassell is not a bad QB, but he is no where near Cutler's stature.

And now we have reached the point that McDaniels should have realized that Cassel's ship has set sailed when the Patriots sent him to KC. He should have woke up and realized "Well ****. I have a Pro Bowl QB I can complete a team around for the next ten years and make a Super Bowl calibar team if I make a few adjustments on defense and else where."

Don't coaches learn Day One in Coaching school that you are suppose to build a franchise around a QB? Especially a young talented one if you are as so lucky to get one? Shanny knew that. He went and stuck his neck out by trading up for Cutler. McDaniels is a moron by trying to create his own new team when he came to Denver, when Shanny was already in the process of doing that...he should have just picked up where Shanny left off. But no, he had to go out and make it from scratch himself.

McDaniels. You screwed up.
                        Pat Bowlen, you screwed up by letting McDaniels take it this far.

I'm ashamed to consider myself a Bronco fan now. The organization that has always had good heads on their shoulders leading this team goes and does this?

Now we are trading away a potential HOF in Jay Cutler and we will get no where near the same value in return, unless we end up convincing the Colts that sending us an old Peyton Manning would be worth Jay Cutler [/sarcasm]....

My two bits.

-Broncos ATX

Comment

• You are right Denver doesnt deserve Cutler. We deserve someone far better than Cutler
                          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Gsam View Post
                            What a shame our Broncos have become. I remember not so long ago, a coach cared enough about a player like Rod Smith to save him a roster spot.

I remember the QB that coach drafted and he mentored him for years.

I remember a QB who took to heart the example his coach imparted on him and cared enough to let a troubled WR live in his basement so he could stay out of trouble.

I remember a QB that took his O-Line on vacation to thank them for the paltry few sacks they gave up.

I remember a QB who took his best TE and his best WR to practice with him in the offseason so they would have their timing down for the regular season.

I remember a QB that went 13-1 when his defense showed up to help.

I remember a fiery QB who threw down an D-lineman that got hin his face.

I remember a QB lead blocking for travis henry.

I remember a QB that never backed down from a challenge and didn't mind playing for a school like vanderbilt.

I remember a QB that made the players around him better.

now.... I remember the following

I remember an Owner that told his QB that he was the man.

I remember a QB who asked only for his remaining coaches to be left alone.

I remember a coach who fired his QB's remaining coaches.

I remember a QB that still tried to come around and learn his new coaches systm.

I remember a coach that took tried to trade a QB for an unproven kid.

I remember an owner that stood by and let his own promises to jay get trampled.

I now see a QB who knows he has been betrayed, and who no longer wants to be part of what is happening in denver, and frankly, I dont blame him.

What a shame we have become.

I love the Broncos, but I would love nothing more than to see our gift of a QB that we are now discarding land with another team and win a superbowl.

The regime has changed, the Broncos of old are gone and the cut throat, backhanded New England style of football is upon us.

Josh Mcdaniels, you are a fool.
                            It is starting to seem that McDaniels wanted this all along. I'm surprised that people who have seen Cutler behave extremely well for the past three years, not get into any trouble the last three years, and be the hardest worker on the team according to Shanahan for the past three years, are so willing to abandon their own opinion because of what McDaniels tells them.

There were no problems with Cutler before McDaniels got here, and then everything blew up. It is nothing but a power-play by him. It was a huge mistake hiring an offensive-minded head coach that has an ego the size of the Rocky mountains.
                            Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by HEADCREEPS View Post
                              Jay will get better if he matures and he keeps the ego in check, but Denver will NOT find another QB like him or better. Look for a 4-12 season.:cutler:
                              Really? Are you a fortune teller? We not even expected the Broncos to draft Cutler, it was a surprise and many fans did not welcome the idea back then. You know, after reaching the AFC Championship Game and needing a pass rush, Shanahan decided to change the quarterback. Who knows what will happen? We might find someone better than him.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolt Thrower
                                Actually, the NFL doesn't deserve Cutlet. There must be a girls powder-puff team out there he/she could play for?
                                Matt Wilhelm of the Chargers...who called Jackie a 'punk' has been vindicated...he was right all along.
                                Maybe you guys can get Michael Vick....LOL...
                                Just because McDoogie is a dumbass makes the idiots on your team right? Not quite. Cutler may not be a Bronco for long, but he's still the best young QB in the league. Some team will be getting a heck of a player.
                                Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X