McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by edlok11 View Post
    i wouldn't mind mark sanchez in a denver uni he definitely fits plus hes from so-cal and a down to earth CHICANO like myself
    Leinart Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
      Did you not read the post? lol? It doesn't look to me like you are disputing the claim that Bowlen didn't call Cutler. How is he supposed to call back if he doesn't know?
      I can't dispute the claim of Bowlen calling him because I don't know what really happened. If Cutler wanted to be here, then Cutler would be here. Bowlen said that the discussion with Bus Cook made it clear that Jat Cutler had no desire to be a Denver Bronco. Do you think Bus Cook was just making this up and Cutler was just off fishing somewhere in his Broncos gear waiting for a call??
      sigpic

Comment

• Have any of you ever considered the notion that Bowlen hasn't been impressed with anything about Cutler except for the way he throws the ball?

He treats the media like crap - when he bothers to even allow them to speak to him.

He's make questionable comments about his teammates (deserved or not, leaders don't do that)

He's inclined to question coaching and FO. (which really shouldn't happen in team sports, since it messes up locker room chemistry and team unity)

He's emotionally and professionally immature and might have a drinking issue.

There is a VERY good chance that Bowlen and McDaniels agree that Jay doesn't have the skill set from the neck up and were prepared to rebuild their defense with the harvest from trading Jay.

You don't need Cutler as much as you do an overhaul everywhere else. Defense wins championships. Just ask Rothlisper.

Comment

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
          bs. You join your teammates for the offseason workouts. If someone wants to use the "not required" excuse, then get rid of that selfish me me me player. We're trying to build a "team" here.
          BS. You're just letting your irrational hatred of Cutler cloud your judgement. You'll be one of the first ones whining and *****ing when Cutler takes some other team to the playoffs and Bowlen is busy firing McDaniels after two losing seasons or selling the team.

If you want to fire someone because of not being able to reach them on a weekend, you better hope they need you more than you need them. Right now the Broncos need Cutler more than Cutler needs the Broncos.
          Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
            Yea, i'm sure they were BBQing and having a party last week or whenever the offseason workout was.

It's more like missing the "optional" integration of a new staff. Optional being you make it unless there's a valid reason. They aren't paying Cutler to rub his glass gina all offseason.
            And last I checked, they aren't paying him to be at non-mandatory meetings. He can earn a bonus by being at 90% of the non mandatories, but a bonus and having it be a part of his contract (which would be against league rules, since you cannot force a player to be at non-mandatories, it's against the rules set forth in the CBA) are two different things. The bonus is usually put there to entice a guy to be there even though he has no obligation to be there.
            Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stiffy View Post
              Actually, what McDaniels knows is how to run Charlie Weis'offense using Bill Bellichick's players.
              This is absolutely true ... For all the talk about his vaunted track record with QBs, what has Josh really done? Brady was established before Josh arrived on the scene. In Cassel, Josh fit a player into a 16-0 regular season record team and did well with him. One year ... one single year. That is not a track record. Now if he repeats that, then you can start making the claim .. but there have been a number of 1-year wonders.

Moreover, when has Josh ever proved he can elvauate a QB? He didn't hand pick Cassel. Whose to say that Josh - as the one making the decision - is going to be able to correctly evaluate a QB?

Don't get me wrong ... I hope he proves himself. But as of yet, Josh doesn't have a history to back him up ...

Comment

• Originally posted by MileHighInNY View Post
                No chance; if the Broncos trade Cutler they are only fulfilling his official request to be traded. No way he "gets all kinds of money" because the team is doing what he asked them to do.

You pro-Jay guys are hilarious.
                Did I say he was going to get money or that was this situation?

I said that is what is in the NFLPA players agreement. So that can't be something that affects their decision. I didn't say it did affect their decision.

You kids that want to put labels on everyone even when they can't comprehend what they read are even more hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                  Except that numerous outlets have reported the same thing. It's not like some of the other rumors where there were conflicting reports. Pretty much every outlet that has reported on this has said the same thing, that Cutler and Cook claim that Bowlen hasn't been ringing the phones off the hook as Pat claimed.
                  Why should the Owner of the franchise be blowing up Cutlers phone trying to beg him to come back???????
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Binary Bolt Fan View Post
                    Have any of you ever considered the notion that Bowlen hasn't been impressed with anything about Cutler except for the way he throws the ball?

He treats the media like crap - when he bothers to even allow them to speak to him.

He's make questionable comments about his teammates (deserved or not, leaders don't do that)

He's inclined to question coaching and FO. (which really shouldn't happen in team sports, since it messes up locker room chemistry and team unity)

He's emotionally and professionally immature and might have a drinking issue.

There is a VERY good chance that Bowlen and McDaniels agree that Jay doesn't have the skill set from the neck up and were prepared to rebuild their defense with the harvest from trading Jay.

You don't need Cutler as much as you do an overhaul everywhere else. Defense wins championships. Just ask Rothlisper.
                    Most of what you say is a flat out lie, and the rest is either speculation or propaganda. Go watch the Cutler pressers from last season after losses. You cannot find one bad thing he says about a fellow teammate, and you cannot find him throwing anyone, coaching staff or otherwise, under the bus other than himself. He is very respectful to the media, to his teammates, and to anyone he speaks with publicly. I challenge you to prove me wrong.
                    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                      BS. You're just letting your irrational hatred of Cutler cloud your judgement. You'll be one of the first ones whining and *****ing when Cutler takes some other team to the playoffs and Bowlen is busy firing McDaniels after two losing seasons or selling the team.

If you want to fire someone because of not being able to reach them on a weekend, you better hope they need you more than you need them. Right now the Broncos need Cutler more than Cutler needs the Broncos.
                      Wait, you mean, he actually was at the offseason workouts?

It isn't Cutler I "hate". It's the pampered athletes nowadays that need their hand held and can't make a decision by themselves. Like Cutler.

Comment

• Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                        Jay Cutler was in Denver the two months leading up to the start of Free Agency spending time with McDaniels, learning the offense. So don't give me this crap about him not doing anything for the team.

He was also there complaining and crying that Bowlen fired Shannanigans and Bates and according to the reports asked for a trade at that time too. See it goes both ways!!
                        sigpic

Comment

• If my boss had to call me three times a day I would be fired. My wife don't call me three times a day.:cutler::wave:

Comment

• Originally posted by Legendary30 View Post
                            Why should the Owner of the franchise be blowing up Cutlers phone trying to beg him to come back???????
                            Never said he should. But he shouldn't lie about calling every day and not getting call backs when that's not the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
                              LOL, you are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. They had conditioning. That is it. Go listen to the player interviews from last week. They all stated that they haven't even touched the playbook yet, they are just getting in shape.
                              Good point. I forgot Jay "God" Cutler doesn't need to show up for that. Way to lead by example "team leader".

Comment

• Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
                                He was also there complaining and crying that Bowlen fired Shannanigans, and Bates and according to the reports asked for a trade at that time too. See it goes both ways!!
                                Might have done so in private, but find me a public statement or quote that shows that he was doing so publicly. He kept very quiet about any complaints he had after his initial reaction to Shanahan being fired. You are just speculating on something that you know nothing about.

Comment

Working...
                                X