McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
    I cannot find a single post the guy has made that shows he's some sort of football genius. His only reasonably smart post I can find is that he said that it would be a coup for ESPN to hire Schefter and fire Mort, but that's a no brainer. I could put a monkey in front of a typewriter and he could come up with that. And don't tell me that a SD fan can tell you or me who's a true Denver fan.
    In re: JC, whatever, I never called him a football genius, but the ways he talks about the game makes me realize I don't know crap about a lot of the ins and outs of the game. Maybe he is dumb as a post, but he has schooled a lot of other people on a variety of subjects. And as far as Charger fans go, he's respectable and classy compared to many of the fools that come here.

In re tru fan stuff: That was directed at a Broncos fan. I don't think anyone should try to claim that anyone else is not a fan. That's bull crap. If you don't know someone, don't act like you know if they're real fans or not.

When I said 'fan' earlier about people on this board, I was talking about trolls that are coming here with the obvious intention of stirring crap. They might be fans, but they don't carry themselves in a positive way that builds up their team; I wouldn't want some of them representing on a Raiders, Chargers, or Chiefs board.

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
      Mort did speak with Cutler today. He sent a text message to Cutler and asked him flatly: Did Bowlen call you. Cutler responded with one word: NO.
      Dude, Bowlen never said he talked to Jay--that's the POINT; he's been trying to and Cutler hasn't returned his calls. He said he has tried for 10 days to call Jay, with no success, and that he called Bus Cook yesterday, who told Pat in no uncertain terms that Jay no longer wants to be a Bronco. WHAT IS PAT SUPPOSED TO DO? Jay won't call him, and the only guy he can reach tells him that Jay doesn't want to be here anymore.

Whatever you think about how this whole saga has played out, you have to be doubtful that a respected NFL franchise owner (this isn't Al Davis we're talking about here) would put all of his credibility on the line by making the statement Pat made yesterday if it wasn't true. If pat wanted to trade Jay, all he'd have to say is "we're complying with Cutler's wishes", without the stuff about Jay ignoring the team and the call with Bus Cook.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns
        What is with all you kids and taking personal shots now? Way to act like a 5 year old silk and milehiny or whatever your name is.
        Where was your comment for him?

Ironic.

Comment

• Isn't Cutler the one that demanded the trade? How is this bowlen's fault?

Comment

Never said he should. But he shouldn't lie about calling every day and not getting call backs when that's not the case.
            If Jay says one thing, and Bowlen says the opposite, why is Bowlen automatically lying?

Comment

• Good luck Jay, you were not the one who deserved to go. Now let's get some D. Bring back the Orange Crush.
              :go: sigpic
              IF McD wins us a Superbowl, I'll THINK about not hating him, maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDAcord View Post
                If my boss had to call me three times a day I would be fired. My wife don't call me three times a day.:cutler::wave:
                Your boss isn't an NFL owner or Coach and you aren't a star QB. Hate to say it, bud, but you and I, we aren't afforded the same latitude in our jobs as someone in the entertainment industry. And if my wife called me three times in a day, I'd consider myself lucky. She hates talking on the phone lol.
                Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by SimonSteele View Post
                  He has shown up for work. I blow my boss off when he calls me on my off time too. This is nothing new? Are you crazy or just unemployed?
                  Great post!

Originally posted by Binary Bolt Fan View Post
                  Have any of you ever considered the notion that Bowlen hasn't been impressed with anything about Cutler except for the way he throws the ball?

He treats the media like crap - when he bothers to even allow them to speak to him.

He's make questionable comments about his teammates (deserved or not, leaders don't do that)

He's inclined to question coaching and FO. (which really shouldn't happen in team sports, since it messes up locker room chemistry and team unity)

He's emotionally and professionally immature and might have a drinking issue.

There is a VERY good chance that Bowlen and McDaniels agree that Jay doesn't have the skill set from the neck up and were prepared to rebuild their defense with the harvest from trading Jay.

You don't need Cutler as much as you do an overhaul everywhere else. Defense wins championships. Just ask Rothlisper.
                  Most of us here and around the league have a lot more faith in the offensive mind of Shanahan than of either Bowlen or McDaniels. Cutler, according to Shanahan, was a rare talent and a legit franchise QB because he combined great physical attributes with strong intelligence, terrific work ethic and great leadership skills.
                  Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                    Offseason workouts isn't "time off". Are you stupid, or just reading illiterate?
                    It is optional. I think low blowing people is your way of posting so I responded in kind with my first post which I shouldn't have done. But I've noticed a trend with you--you ignore specific facts to make a point. Optional workouts are optional. If MCD wants to tell Jay this is a business and he can be evaluated for trade at any time, then fine. Jay has every right to exercise his right in this business and come to an optional meeting with the boss. You're not always right, hell you're not right even half the time. If you're on one side it should be a clear indication to the rest of us where we should stand.

Comment

• Originally posted by MileHighInNY View Post
                      If Jay says one thing, and Bowlen says the opposite, why is Bowlen automatically lying?
                      One of them is certainly lying, and although I have no proof that Bowlen is lying, Cutler hasn't lied yet during this whole fiasco and Bowlen has already been caught lying once (I never spoke to him after firing Shanahan and hiring McDaniels...or maybe I just forgot, I don't know, I'm an old fart who has a bad memory...riiiiight). Once a liar...well you know how the old saying goes.
                      Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Binary Bolt Fan View Post
                        Have any of you ever considered the notion that Bowlen hasn't been impressed with anything about Cutler except for the way he throws the ball?

He treats the media like crap - when he bothers to even allow them to speak to him.

He's make questionable comments about his teammates (deserved or not, leaders don't do that)

He's inclined to question coaching and FO. (which really shouldn't happen in team sports, since it messes up locker room chemistry and team unity)

He's emotionally and professionally immature and might have a drinking issue.

There is a VERY good chance that Bowlen and McDaniels agree that Jay doesn't have the skill set from the neck up and were prepared to rebuild their defense with the harvest from trading Jay.

You don't need Cutler as much as you do an overhaul everywhere else. Defense wins championships. Just ask Rothlisper.
                        I think the Bowlen-Cutler relationship was fractured when Bowlen hired Mcdaniels, and then subsequently Cutler didn't show up for the press conference. The McJaygate scandal just further intensified that rift,a nd now Bowlen (as he did with Shanny & the rest) is taking over his team.

There may be something to that- not sold on making Cutler the face of his org for the next 10 years.

I also feel- Bowlen might think he can get a lot for Cutler now... I mean, if WASH & NYJ and a bunch of teams are bidding... DEN might get 2 first round picks, a 2nd, a QB and a defensive player? Who knows?

Opening the bidding will discover this... DEN, as Mort also said, could always go back to Cutler and claim they couldn't get what they wanted.

Let's be honest here... this all began when Bowlen hired MCdaniels. Mcdaniels was the fool to start this thing, and Cutler was the immature kid who finally broke this off and severed all ties.

I'm fine with Cutler leaving, if I can get MORE than fair value... I'm for afraid of being stuck with Mcdaniels.... He's already shown he might be in over his head... lacks experience and savvy. I really hope he knows his Xs-&-Os.

I like Cutler, but if we benefit from a bidding war, and luck out and find a QB... I'm fine with this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutlers crew View Post
                          yeah...i 2nd that emotion !:salute!:
                          Thanks Bro
                          Ahem....
                          Jay Cutler is gone. Get over it. Not in the business of keeping people who dont wanna be kept!

Comment

• Originally posted by MileHighInNY View Post
                            Because Cutler has a reputation for telling the truth, even when tact would warrant a lie. Bowlen, on the other hand, has been caught going back on his word numerous times. It's not that hard of a choice.
                            Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• This is junk.

The Broncos have been trying to get a hold of Cutler for 10+ days. They made that quite obvious at the owners meeting.

Cutler KNEW that. He KNEW that McDaniels was sending him messages, just like he KNEW Bowlen wanted to talk to him.

He CHOSE to ignore the team AND the OWNER and then acts all shocked when the Owner finally loses patience? (OMgz! I Said "The Owner" I must hate Pat Bowlen)

Please.

Believe it or not the coaching staff and front office might actually have other things to do then play phone tag 24/7 with a QB in a hissy fit who is clearly not willing to cooperate.

Good for Bowlen. Enough is Enough.
                              sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

Might have done so in private, but find me a public statement or quote that shows that he was doing so publicly. He kept very quiet about any complaints he had after his initial reaction to Shanahan being fired. You are just speculating on something that you know nothing about.
                                Same as you are speculating on something you know nothing about regarding Bowlen calling him or not. You are following the media sources just as I am and if you can quote them for what they say, why can't I?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X