No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's still a Bronco until he gets traded or released. So until that point, my hope is that somehow, this whole mess gets worked out. I am not naive, and know that at this point, it's probably a 1% chance at best that this happens, but unless he was to do something like punch John Elway, I'll definitely welcome him back as a Bronco. We are a country based on second chances. If a guy like TO can get 3 or 4 chances, I wouldn't bat an eye at giving Cutler another chance, and hope most of my fellow fans (regardless of their view of him) would be willing to do the same if the Front Office changed their stance and asked him to stay.
    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoXplant View Post
      The board has gotten so crazy over the last cpl months that I have just sat it out....

But now I will chime in, for what its worth, as a guy that has followed this team for a very long time.

This too shall pass

#1. The drastic make-over (Shanny) was required because this organization had gone stale and was not showing any forward progress - in fact it was in a nose-dive to below mediocre (sp?)

#2. Culters on-field demeanor has always been bad - admit it - he simply has not looked hungry...energized - glad to be here. His on and off field leadership has ben C+ level, tops.

#3. He made it clear he wanted to be elsewhere - personally I think this may have been the case before the 'trade issue' came up - in fact, I think Cutler wanted more money, or more say, or felt he was inhibited, or hoped to play elsewhere coming out of college....or all of the above, and this gave him an 'out' to make a stink about - his agent is also very suspect, given his track record.

#4. Cutler is good - MAY have the potential to be great - but he has some maturing to do before he gets there - his spoiled kid mentality must go, and he must learn to lead an organization. He may be great where-ever he ends up - time will tell.... Sadly, this won't happen here - but as it is clear he wants to go I say let him go - do you want a talented QB that has no desire to be here causing TO syndrome in the organization...?

Personally - I do not.

I would much rather have a hungry QB that wants to be here, even if he's not top 3//5/10 material...

Jay - I wish you luck - both as a QB and as a 'man' that seems under appreciative of the rare and wonderful opportunities that you have - TO is a great athlete as well, but he's a cancer to the teams he plays for - can't help but wonder if you, Jay, will continue your ways or 'get well' after you move on. Honestly Jay, short of putting up some decent numbers and winning some games, what POSITIVE IMPACT did you have on your team and this organization?

Thus, I say.....good ridance Jay.

and I reiterate...this too shall pass....
      This is a great post, unfortunately those who have convinced themselves otherwise will not be moved. The truth in this situation would certainly be a welcome change but the chance of ever knowing who screwed the pooch on this one may go to the grave with some of these polished liars. Politicians I would expect this from, its part of the job. These are our heros, if you didn't live and breathe Broncos football you wouldn't be reading this. To say I'm disillusioned with the franchise and the sheer pettiness of it all would be a gross understatement. I must admit I didn't think the Broncos got enough media coverage in years past. Be careful what you wish for.
      [sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
        Well i didnt read half of you hate post so excuse me. But answer me this if Cutler is such a leader and loved, why is it that only spencer larsen came out to semi defend Cutler?

I know you might say that McD forbid them to or something. But if a player really felt that strongly for him they would have spoke out or done something.

One more thing you may think ima Cutler hater but im really not. Ive said numerous times Cutler has some of the most talent in the league, but until he puts the team before himself, and once he becomes a true leader he isnt a franchise qb.
        OK, let me break this down for you then. You didn't provide a single fact or any proof at all. Easy enough. Try showing me this proof or these facts....

You want to know why others didn't come out? Are you not paying attention? If they aren't giving the QB any love, those players wouldn't stand a chance. I'm pretty sure they would like to keep their jobs. Also, McDaniels did tell them not to talk to the media about it. Watch the early player interviews from camp. They all said that. What exactly do you expect someone to do if they support Cutler? What exactly do you think is going to happen to that player if they do that? I'm not sure why you would base anything off of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by diesel51 View Post
          First, I've been around long enough to remember the Dan Reeves and Wade Phillips eras, so let me tell you something, the Shanahan era was by far the best of the three. And not just because he won 2 Super Bowls for us and Elway, but because in the 14 years here as Head Coach, we've had 2, count them, 2 losing seasons.

Guys, take a look around the NFL. There are alot of teams that struggle year in and year out. Shanahan was a constant here, and we benefited from it.

Now, what's going to happen?

Who is Bowlen going to replace him with?

All of which brings me to another thought. Whomever Bowlen brings in, he's going to bring in his own philosophies. Now some of you might think, "Yea, that's what we need!" And I may agree with you, DEFENSIVELY. But what about someone who doesn't believe in the ZONE BLOCKING style of play? Are any of our OL suited for MAN to MAN blocking? No, they are all suited for ZONE, although one believes that maybe Clady could make the transition. Which means an entirely new OL over the course of the next 2 or 3 years, once again losing that continuity. And if they don't believe in the zone blocking scheme on offense, then what about our RBs? Will they be able to find a back to fit their new scheme when we don't have the OL to block that scheme?

And since Shanahan has had control over everything, all that scouting this past year has been wasted unless Bowlen hires someone with the same philosophies that Shanahan had on offense. And does Bowlen hire a GM?

Will they completely clean house?
          I wanted to bump this due to the past three months.

The things I worried about from the very beginning have come to fruitiation.

I mean, come on people, is this really better?

I think Pat realizes deep down he made a mistake, even when at Shanahan's conference he said he "might be making a mistake."

My question is, if this all blows up in his face, like it seems to be doing, we he admit that it was a mistake?
          Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
          Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
          Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
            I agree with you. I am just saying that he DID want to be traded because he asked for it. At this point anything that comes out of Cutler's camps mouth is purely for PR purposes.

Ultimately, the fans are the ones losing out here. I posted that yesterday. At this point, the blame goes on Cutler and Cook for their tactics. McD shares the blame for 30 days ago but they tried to move forward. Bowlen made the calls and Jay showed him up. That is what Jay wanted to achieve. It sucks but the damage is done and Bowlen ultimately will be the one who suffers for 3-7 years because of it!
            I feel like you're wanting me to say it....

But yes.. Cutler DID ask for a trade.

This all is a game though between everyone, like you said.

Once McD tried to trade Cutler and LIE about it, the window opened right more so for the Bus, than it did for Cutler.

McDaniels plan failed... badly.

Was Cutler pissed? Yeah....

But I think Bus toyed with him, and came up with some retarded plan to try and get Jay a bigger contract with an extension. He felt like Jay and himself had all the cards in their hands because... "who in their right mind would trade a highly valued/skilled QB like Jay Cutler? The 26 year old pro bowler?"

And guess what? the Bus' plan failed...

Now Bowlen is sick of it all, and just wants to literally start from square one and rebuild... again....

This sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
              You didn't say it? Or you just said it for a second time.

Like I said, you are a joke. You THINK you are a better fan or something. Really, you are probably about 15 to have that kind of attitude and I have no idea why I am responding to you.
              25 and married with 2 kids...try again there jr. and I'm sorry if you calling me "joke" does nothing more than make me chuckle. You think I honestly give a crap what some dude on the internet thinks of me....
              sigpic

Comment

• Just trying to save face imo.

Trying to make him look like the victim so he can get traded and then get a new fat paycheck.

Hmm kinda like Bus Cook and Brett Favre last year..

Whatev, he's pretty much gone now, and in my mind is no longer a part of this team, so he has no support of mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  I honestly think he's neglecting his health not taking care of his diabetes like he should and it's messing with his head/judgement. not to mention bus cook has him like putty in his dirty little hands.
                  Possible, and also possible that he's listening far too much to Bus Cook.
                  Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

How can I support him? Maybe because we are half as good without him. Maybe because we would have gotten 3 wins last season if not for him. MAYBE it is because I understand football and how important the QB position is and how hard it is to find them. Just maybe it is because I don't really care to date my QB and really don't care if he has an attitude problem. We have had QB's with attitude problems before. We have had QB's that hated their coaches before. When is the last time you remember something playing out like this? And you want to blame it all on Cutler? Like he is supposed to be the one keeping this under control and be the bigger man in this situation? Seriously? Our 25 year old QB?

Who exactly do you think is getting hurt in this situation? It sure isn't Cutler.
                    So, we've got 8 wins instead of 3 because of Cutler, huh?
                    It's funny that when people bring his 17-20 record it's a "team record" or it was the defense's fault, but when it comes down to twist the facts to make Jay look better, then individual accomplishments are ok
                    His 18 ints were due to the fact he threw the ball over 600 times, God forbid he was guilty of any of those interceptions

Comparing Cutler's attitude and all of that stuff with other QB's doesn't make what he's doing right, nor does it justify it. His actions are of the killer buzz variety
                    sigpic
                    I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

• At this point, I've gone over both scenarios over and over and over in my head. I'd like it if Jay was our starter next year and if he was happy about it.

If not, then I'm ready to deal with that too.
                      2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                        25 and married with 2 kids...try again there jr.
                        That doesn't make you look better, lol. At least you would have been acting you age.

Comment

• I've sat and thought about this and no matter how I slice it......Jay and his infamous agent are putting on a soap opera for the ages. It's rich with drama and passion and sensitivity. What a classic display! And to the pleasure of the media, they have kept their door wide open, make that opened the door for the media, when a simple one on one with management could have sufficed. But no, why keep it inhouse when you can make it smell like the outhouse? How brave of them!!! However, I don't know if Bus can outdo his performance with Favre. That was pure artistry.

Further, if there's anything Bus can do better than most, is turn highly popular, skilled athletes into unpopular people, who will likely lose in the end.

Comment

Maybe you should join reality again sometime soon.
                            This whole thing has gone on for no purpose. Here is the reality, Jay Cutler asked to be traded and his wishes will be honored.

Comment

• Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
                              So, we've got 8 wins instead of 3 because of Cutler, huh?
                              It's funny that when people bring his 17-20 record it's a "team record" or it was the defense's fault, but when it comes down to twist the facts to make Jay look better, then individual accomplishments are ok
                              His 18 ints were due to the fact he threw the ball over 600 times, God forbid he was guilty of any of those interceptions

Comparing Cutler's attitude and all of that stuff with other QB's doesn't make what he's doing right, nor does it justify it. His actions are of the killer buzz variety
                              You know why. Because Cutler got us wins. The defense got us losses. Did you watch the games? This isn't some crazy concept that I just came up with. Not many QB's in this league could have won 8 games with this team. You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Not just 600 attempts. Over 600 attempts in his 3rd year with rookie to third year players surrounding him, the worst defense in franchise history, and a cell phone salesman running back. Yeah, he should have played mistake free ball as an inexperienced QB trying to carry a team. I get that. To bad this is reality.

Comment

OK, let me break this down for you then. You didn't provide a single fact or any proof at all. Easy enough. Try showing me this proof or these facts....

You want to know why others didn't come out? Are you not paying attention? If they aren't giving the QB any love, those players wouldn't stand a chance. I'm pretty sure they would like to keep their jobs. Also, McDaniels did tell them not to talk to the media about it. Watch the early player interviews from camp. They all said that. What exactly do you expect someone to do if they support Cutler? What exactly do you think is going to happen to that player if they do that? I'm not sure why you would base anything off of that.
                                Well time will tell all im saying is since Cutlers first full year of starting his attitude and some stories ive heard of Cutler in the public has rubbed me the wrong way. If spencer larsen says something i can bet you others would be more than willing to defend Cutler if they felt that strongly for him.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X