McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad Im not alone.

It just seems after its all said and done, Jay will be a Bronco this year...There is no trade that will get us exactly what we/McDaniels wants/needs...What McDaniels wanted was matt cassel, that fell threw and then he was fine with Cutler.

If Jay truly never received those messages, then things can be worked out. At that point, Jay was willing to talk and so was McDaniels and Bowlen, therefore most likely they would have come to terms...The only thing in the way at the end of this, is Cutler not returning calls when it mattered most, but apparently he never got the calls, so this is a misunderstanding. If they are all adults and each of the 3 sides decide to suck it up and stop playing these games, I very much feel that things can still be worked out.

Comment

• Originally posted by RVG10 View Post
      Cutler should be a politician. He can flip-flop with the best of them!!
      Lol!

Comment

• Originally posted by CutlerEra06 View Post
        Glad Im not alone.

It just seems after its all said and done, Jay will be a Bronco this year...There is no trade that will get us exactly what we/McDaniels wants/needs...What McDaniels wanted was matt cassel, that fell threw and then he was fine with Cutler.

If Jay truly never received those messages, then things can be worked out. At that point, Jay was willing to talk and so was McDaniels and Bowlen, therefore most likely they would have come to terms...The only thing in the way at the end of this, is Cutler not returning calls when it mattered most, but apparently he never got the calls, so this is a misunderstanding. If they are all adults and each of the 3 sides decide to suck it up and stop playing these games, I very much feel that things can still be worked out.
        Jay knew what was happening, this is no misunderstanding, that is the only thing I could gaurentee.

Comment

• Bowlen says "We will begin discussions with other teams in an effort to accommodate his request to be traded.”

An effort, that doesn't mean he is being traded NO matter what, it says they are going to Listen to deals, and Maybe it was enough to scare Cutler back. I HOPE SO
          sigpic
          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• Originally posted by RVG10 View Post
            Cutler should be a politician. He can flip-flop with the best of them!!
            He makes politicians look like the 17th century Catholic church.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• as much as i would like to see cutler stay it come down to alot of factors

bowlen has gone to far to turn back now
              that pimp owner has to much pride to turn back now and forgett about it
              jay will probably be traded
              Now go get your shine box

Comment

• Originally posted by Coldbrew View Post
                Jay knew what was happening, this is no misunderstanding, that is the only thing I could gaurentee.
                I think he felt weird about just coming back after all this though and rightfully so.

But there was a week period after McDaniels said Jay IS the QB for the broncos..Cutler had his car shipped to Denver, then a day later he hears no one could get a hold of him...I think he planned on coming back after McDaniels did that Interview, which was why he said he was surprised they traded him so quickly..

He was taking his sweet dam time, but I think he planned on coming back, after all he is under contract...

It could also explain bus Cook....Last he heard, Jay wanted to be traded. Most likely Jay secluded himself with his family and just relaxed to get away from it all(explains him being at UFC fight night in nashville last night)..Jay most likely didnt speak to his agent or anyone related to football...and when Cook talked to the press, he still thought Jay wanted to be traded and thats what he stuck to. Jay's silence could have been confused for being stubborn and still wanting to be traded...Instead, jay just wanted to get away from all the BS, media and football and enjoy time with his family before going to Mini Camp.

Comment

• Originally posted by jc13 View Post
                  as much as i would like to see cutler stay it come down to alot of factors

bowlen has gone to far to turn back now
                  that pimp owner has to much pride to turn back now and forgett about it
                  jay will probably be traded
                  I don't buy that. But we will have to wait and see what happens, Cutler better be there for voluntary offseason workouts tomorrow, if its not to late that is.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• Originally posted by CutlerEra06 View Post
                    It could also explain bus Cook....Last he heard, Jay wanted to be traded. Most likely Jay secluded himself with his family and just relaxed to get away from it all(explains him being at UFC fight night in nashville last night)..Jay most likely didnt speak to his agent or anyone related to football...and when Cook talked to the press, he still thought Jay wanted to be traded and thats what he stuck to. Jay's silence could have been confused for being stubborn and still wanting to be traded...Instead, jay just wanted to get away from all the BS, media and football and enjoy time with his family before going to Mini Camp.
                    That is quite an assumption.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
                      I don't buy that. But we will have to wait and see what happens, Cutler better be there for voluntary offseason workouts tomorrow, if its not to late that is.
                      i highly doubt that hes somewhere in the east coast

cutler knows its over

he just has to wait it out till hes traded

i hope im wrong but thats what it looks like
                      Now go get your shine box

Comment

• Originally posted by Coldbrew View Post
                        That is quite an assumption.
                        not really..Jay was in Nashville spending time with his Family...imagine how stressful this has all been. You think he would be watching ESPN?

Last he heard, he was not going to be traded. He was taking his time in seclusion, and if bowlen really could not get ahold of Jay, then he most likely Bowlen talked to Cook and Cook told Bowlen he last thing Cutler demanded because of how stern Cutler seemed about it before.

Cutler would be very surprised they "traded him this early" if he thought he was still a bronco before all this new mess happened.

Comment

• As a long time fan I am very confused

First off let me be the first to say that I think Broncos fans are the best in the league (homer). I have met some great people and hell even made a few friends because of this organization. I mean whats not to love about the game of football especially Denver Broncos football. Seriously there isn't a better feeling than sitting with your family and friends at INVESCO or old Mile High and slapping fives with the teenage kid two rows down, the hot chick behind you, and the old timer sitting next to you. Black, white, Hispanic, Asian, female, young, old, fat, skinny, short, tall ,all the stereotypes get thrown out the window as long as your cheering for our beloved Broncos. Its a place of freedom an escape from every day life.

With this being said I am very surprised and disappointed with some of the fans who are ready to jump ship and the ones who are stomping all over Pat Bowlen. For as long as I can remember Mr. Bowlen has ran a classy and competitive organization. In my 20 plus years as a fan I have never felt like we were rebuilding and I always felt like we fielded a team that was going to have a shot to win the division. Now you can point some of the struggles or how long has been since we have won a playoff game or even made the playoffs but I don't care. The point is IMO we have never hit rock bottom. Never been a team that didn't have an outside shot. Never been a team that I didn't want to wake up and watch on Sunday. Theres a lot of organizations and fans out there that would take what we as Broncos fans have any day of the week. For that I will thank Pat Bowlen and I will not stomp his name even if I'm unsure with some of his most recent choices.

Overall why do we as fans have to pick sides. I bought a Cutler jersey last year and feel he is a great young QB. I also realize that Jay is a little more of the villain than the victim. I was excited about McDaniel’s when he got hired. Now I'm looking at this young head coach trying to figure out his rhyme and reason. I also realize he two is a little more of the villain than the victim. The point is that we the fans don't know and will never really know the TRUTH. Maybe its all Josh and maybe its all Jay but you know what I DON'T CARE. There is only one thing I can have faith in right now and that is in Pat Bowlen the owner of the Broncos. Go ahead tell me he is turning into the next Al Davis, he is an idiot, he is to proud to admit he made a mistake. Say anything you want about Bowlen but as I stated above I feel he has spoiled me as a fan and because of that I will stand pat (no pun intended). If he believes that this is the direction that HIS football team should go, well that’s good enough for me.

Say what you will, flame me all you want, and heck jump ship if needed, but as a true fan I will wake up every Sunday put my jersey on and cheer for our Broncos. I will enjoy this team through the thick and thin. Everyone is entitled to there opinions and I know some are just acting on anger and dissapointment and I can understand that. I just think its crazy to bash Bowlen or give up on this great franchise because of this. If I can get through Elways retirement this will be a cake walk. I love all the great people on these boards and hopefully soon we can just get back to being BRONCOS FANS
                          Last edited by CobyElway7; 04-02-2009, 01:03 AM.

Comment

• Cutler: "I really didn't want this" DenverPost version

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12051842

Bowlen and McDaniels could still be playing us all for fools.

Who knows what's going on.

I still dont want to lose Cutler

Comment

• Good post, I'm right there with ya, getting real sick of all this negative posting. Outcome good or bad, I'm here for the Broncos. Things just aren't that bad, I'm alive, I get to watch the Broncos, cheer with good fans and friends through good and bad times, still have faith in the team, still have love for the game.

Comment

• Maybe Pat Bowlen does own these boards.

It seems some duplicate threads are allowed....
                                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                                X