No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He has a long time in training camp to get used to the new coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by pikman View Post
      Wow, whirlwind 24 hours. A lot of thoughts going through my mind, but the biggest one I have is...

Is Jay professional enough to handle this?

Jay is talented no doubt about it, he has the tools and ability but just what we have seen in his attitude makes me question whether he is mature enough professionally to handle this?

Shanny brought him in, gave him his chance, and is the only HC he has known. Some of his actions (calling out teammates, the Rivers thing, the Elway comment) lead me to wonder if he will handle the change as a professional or will he act like a spoiled brat?

I hope for the sake of the Broncos that he grows from this and is able to adjust to a new coaching staff without showing any signs on immaturity.

Just my thoughts

:salute!:
      Geez, it isn't like the guy is 15 years old! Cutler is a big boy.
      If you love NFL stats and history
      pro-football-reference.com
      jt-sw.com/football

Comment

Wow, whirlwind 24 hours. A lot of thoughts going through my mind, but the biggest one I have is...

Jay is talented no doubt about it, he has the tools and ability but just what we have seen in his attitude makes me question whether he is mature enough professionally to handle this?

Shanny brought him in, gave him his chance, and is the only HC he has known. Some of his actions (calling out teammates, the Rivers thing, the Elway comment) lead me to wonder if he will handle the change as a professional or will he act like a spoiled brat?

I hope for the sake of the Broncos that he grows from this and is able to adjust to a new coaching staff without showing any signs on immaturity.

Just my thoughts

he is a big boy of course he can handle it

Comment

• You make it sound like he's Forest Gump or something. I'm pretty sure he'll be allright, just like the rest of the team.
          sigpic

Comment

Just my thoughts

Except for Elway comment, gimme a quote of him about Rivers and calling out his teammates, that tells you he's a spoiled brat. And please don't give me the "We can't stop anyone" cause we've already being through that.
            sigpic

Comment

• "I'm as shocked as anybody else. I think it's the wrong move."

"I'm disappointed, I'm shocked, I'm not happy about it, I'm not pleased with it at all, We had zero inkling this was going to happen. I didn't have a clue."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadow7ax View Post
                Except for Elway comment, gimme a quote of him about Rivers
                haHAHAhAHAHaAAHAAHHaHAHAHAahHAhahahahahahAhAHAHaHH AHAHAHHHHHHAHAAHAAAHAAHHAha

and calling out his teammates, that tells you he's a spoiled brat.
                dropping the EFF bomb on national tv to his WR? i can think about 15 ways to better handle it

EDIT: fixed quote

Comment

• Originally posted by mbw4688 View Post

dropping the EFF bomb on national tv to his WR? i can think about 15 ways to better handle it

when he swore at Eddie...it wasn't like he directly called him a f***-up. he said "What the ****?! Eddie!????!!!" What if he said "What the hell, Eddie!!!" No one would have made a comment about it, I'm sure of it...
                  Everyone is always a bit touchy about the F-bomb. lol.
                  A lot of players swear on the field, it's nothing new...some swear some don't ..whatever. That day the camera got a perfect shot. It's not like Jay knew the camera was going to be doing a close-up at that moment.
                  It was a frustrating moment...plus we know Cutler has trouble controlling his anger at times..which he has openly admitted to.

And many of us could think of several ways to handle that situation...but when the clock is running and things aren't happening when they need to be and your playing a HUGE game...yea under immense pressure everyone acts differently...
                  Originally posted by armybroncofan
                  ...Remember one thing, the paper tiger is always right ...
                  Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. -Tyler Durden [Fight Club]

Comment

• Originally posted by mbw4688 View Post

The ahahahaha, is not the quote i was expecting. I've seen him answering questions about Rivers and i think the media makes a bigger deal than what it really is.

As for dropping the F bomb, well, him and many other QBs, including fans do it. Wanna hear Peyton Manning?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Jay will be Jay....coaching change will not hurt him. The coaching change may actually help Jay more than some believe. A new coach may help him mature and hold him accountable for what he says in the press. Broncos offense is straight. Defense has the play makers, you just need a coordinator who knows how to utilize the talent you got. Hopefully your new coach will not screw up the offense and brings in the D.Coordinator to get your D straight.

Comment

The ahahahaha, is not the quote i was expecting. I've seen him answering questions about Rivers and i think the media makes a bigger deal than what it really is.

As for dropping the F bomb, well, him and many other QBs, including fans do it. Wanna hear Peyton Manning?
                        about the first part of your comment...
                        Yea the media blew it up, for sure...they even had a segment on NFL Network dedicated to all of Jay's quotes regarding Rivers and the Chargers. Jay simply answered the questions...as we know Jay doesn't shy away from head-on questions. The media loved it, and had a field day w/ it.
                        Jay should know better by now, you'd think.

about the second part of your comment...
                        I agree 100%.
                        Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. -Tyler Durden [Fight Club]

Comment

• Good ol Jay

I'm sorry but I think that Jay Cutler had the right to say what he has said about Rivers. Rivers has got to be one of the nastiest players I have ever seen. I have seen him mouth off to other players, his own players and to many fans. So the more bad things we can say about Rivers the better!

Comment

• Originally posted by StokleyFan4ever View Post
                            I'm sorry but I think that Jay Cutler had the right to say what he has said about Rivers. Rivers has got to be one of the nastiest players I have ever seen. I have seen him mouth off to other players, his own players and to many fans. So the more bad things we can say about Rivers the better!
                            The problem is, it makes Jay look really bad. I think they should leave all that for the field on game day. Take all that animosity and hate and turn it into points.

I do love the honesty Jay has. He's unapologetic about it, and I can't hate that about him. The media is what irks me though, and they really know how to manipulate.

Comment

• Originally posted by paper tiger View Post
                              The problem is, it makes Jay look really bad. I think they should leave all that for the field on game day. Take all that animosity and hate and turn it into points.

I do love the honesty Jay has. He's unapologetic about it, and I can't hate that about him. The media is what irks me though, and they really know how to manipulate.
                              I agree. Jay also needs to learn how to say "no comments" to certain questions.

What i really hate is that almost every single freaking thread about Cutler has to end up in Cutler vs. Rivers argument.

No matter how it starts, it always ends the same way.
                              sigpic

Comment

I agree. Jay also needs to learn how to say "no comments" to certain questions.

What i really hate is that almost every single freaking thread about Cutler has to end up in Cutler vs. Rivers argument.

No matter how it starts, it always ends the same way.
                                Totally! he should definitely start saying "no comment" when the media try to lay traps for him.
                                And I agree about the Cutler vs Rivers thing...lol, it's crazy...

Comment

Working...
                                X