McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
    It will come back to haunt him? How? You must be talking about the fact that he is about to get a big contract and all the guarantees he wants. Or maybe you are talking about the fact that he might go somewhere with some defensive talent. Yeah, that will teach him!
    You are one dogged supporter!!

When things go bad, so does Jay. (or so it appears) He'll lose support of his new team, you watch.

You don't have sight of one simple thing yet; this a Jay issue, not a Bronco issue. You have such a man-crush on him that you're not willing to see it. ...yet.

Comment

Yeah, I did take it as they tried calling him recently.

Anyways. From the sound of it, noone gets ahold of Jay on that phone. Who is to say he didn't get tired of the team and reporters calling and just threw it off a bridge or something.
      Umm, Jay himself is to say that, because he said that Bowlen never tried to call him. If he threw his phone off a bridge then he should've said that maybe Bowlen tried to call him but he isn't sure because he tossed his phone off a bridge.
      Posted by DrunkPanda immediately after Denver took Knowshon Moreno with the 12th pick in the 1st round

"obviously [email protected] is very confused. he tihnks he is still the offensive coordinator, not the headcoach. he will probably draft offense with the rest of his picks, forgetting that defensive positions even exist in football"

Let's see how this hilarious prediction unfolds is as the draft continues.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitnlala View Post
        WTH do you mean? Jay Glazier was the source. There is no grasping of straws here. This is true.
        Well, I think that it's not credible to question Glazier's credibility. He has been very credible in reporting on the NFL over the years.
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by Binary Bolt Fan View Post
          Reporters that have talked to him, for a few...
          You do know the only time a reporter has contacted him in weeks is at UFC fight night, right?

Otherwise I am missing something. Do you have some quotes from a phone interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by joshunderwood View Post
            How can you say Campbell can be traded because he was drafted by the previous coach? ISN'T THAT THE EXACT SAME SITUATION WITH CUTLER???
            He also hasn't been lied too by the Redskins about his potential to be traded, nor the rumors, on top of which he's been an average at best QB who's shown nothing in the NFL to prove he's worth any hype. Teams LINE up for Cutler, they don't do that for Campbell. He has to talk that way because he's the type of QB who still has to fight for his job. Cutler is a stater GUARANTEED wherever he plays this coming season.

Comment

• Originally posted by binary bolt fan View Post
              you don't have sight of one simple thing yet; this a jay issue, not a bronco issue.
              lol??????????

Comment

• Originally posted by MileHighInNY View Post
                Agreed, but it's not like that one error refutes the rest of the argument. I think the author takes things a bit too far, but a lot of this is actually pretty on-the-money.
                I know what you mean - but the truth is that the whole crux of his argument is about the following line:

But that was different. None of those guys was The Jay Cutler. Or better yet, Jay Cutler was none of those guys. He hasn't been winning Super Bowls. Not breaking records. Not setting a new standard at his position.

Truth be told, he is breaking records and he is setting standards for young QB's.

I'm not saying that Cutler's not acting a fool, and that this whole situation isn't F'd - I'm just saying that he's failing to acknowledge some important facts about him.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitnlala View Post
                  WTH do you mean? Jay Glazier was the source. There is no grasping of straws here. This is true.
                  And who said it? He isn't one of Jay's teammates. As I said. Noone with a name has said anything about this situation for a long time. Only quotes directly from Cutler, Cook, McDaniels, and Bowlen have really had a name and those really haven't said a lot.

Comment

You do know the only time a reporter has contacted him in weeks is at UFC fight night, right?

Otherwise I am missing something. Do you have some quotes from a phone interview?
                    No. Vic Lombardi has talked to him, just last week.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm not so sure about that. I can almost guarantee he doesn't get control of the defense in his next job. The two most rumored places are the Redskins and Cowboys. Both of those have controlling people that would stand over Shanny.

He definatly isn't getting the same control he had here at his next job. Maybe he will, but I don't see it.

I will admit that it is a long shot though. I just would love it.
                      well rumors are just rumors... when it comes down to it both teams will probably pursue MS. Shanahan isn't going to let somebody else buy the groceries for his dinner that hes cooking (to take a line from Tuna).

I think with the release of TO, Jerry Jones may be loosening his grip on the team and would possibly give up command of the team to Shanahan (although we did see how that worked out with Parcels)

Snyder is going to buy big names until hes no longer rich or working for the redskins, which is going to be a very long time from now. I can't see him ever giving up that much command. He usually doesn't even let coaches pick their OCs, DCs, and assistants!

http://mirknfl.blogspot.com/

Comment

And who said it? He isn't one of Jay's teammates. As I said. Noone with a name has said anything about this situation for a long time. Only quotes directly from Cutler, Cook, McDaniels, and Bowlen have really had a name and those really haven't said a lot.
                        HE CALLED JAY'S TEAMMATES AND THEY SAID IT. Read the article first please. Jay's teammates are the source.
                        Posted by DrunkPanda immediately after Denver took Knowshon Moreno with the 12th pick in the 1st round

"obviously [email protected] is very confused. he tihnks he is still the offensive coordinator, not the headcoach. he will probably draft offense with the rest of his picks, forgetting that defensive positions even exist in football"

Let's see how this hilarious prediction unfolds is as the draft continues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Binary Bolt Fan View Post
                          You are one dogged supporter!!

When things go bad, so does Jay. (or so it appears) He'll lose support of his new team, you watch.

You don't have sight of one simple thing yet; this a Jay issue, not a Bronco issue. You have such a man-crush on him that you're not willing to see it. ...yet.
                          I didn't think smart San Diego fans existed...
                          Thanks for proving me wrong.

At first, this situation reflected badly on the team, but the longer it has gone on it has really become clear that the problem has been with Cutler himself and not some institutional breakdown of integrity or intelligence at Broncos HQ. As long as the FO gets fair trade value for Jay, I think the franchise is going to come out of this saving a ton of face and looking like the good guy, and Cutler looks like the villain.

Comment

• Originally posted by BF View Post
                            I see the makings of a great book and possibly a movie! I better get started so I can make a few million...........and I don't even have to argue with anyone!
                            Seriously a great movie could come out of this! Kevin Spacey should play Bowlen, that's all I can think of at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by joshunderwood View Post
                              HE CALLED JAY'S TEAMMATES AND THEY SAID IT. Read the article first please. Jay's teammates are the source.
                              "Jay's teammates" - Hey, I know that guy!

Comment

• Jay Cutler's a whiney little punk.
                                the space that is mine

We miss 'ya brother dime. We know your up there jamming with Cliff and Chuck. Stay metal :salute: :rockon:

Comment

Working...
                                X