McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
    And who said it? He isn't one of Jay's teammates. As I said. Noone with a name has said anything about this situation for a long time. Only quotes directly from Cutler, Cook, McDaniels, and Bowlen have really had a name and those really haven't said a lot.
    Can I ask a question with all sincerity and due respect. If you are only going to ever listen to a news story, or interview where the reporter gives the exact names of the people they talked to...where are you going to get your news? You will only know what happens a day after it happens.

Jay Glazier spoke with Cutler last night and added to the latest twist on this with Cutler acting surprised and claiming not to want to leave. You are insinuating then, that afte that scoop, he is going to go on local radio and make up a story about teammates of Cutler being miffed he wont call them back?

Seriously?

Comment

• Please send his whiny butt to Chicago. I can only wish. People act like this is Jeff George or Rick Mirer. I doubt our front office has the cajones to get this done though.

Comment

"Jay's teammates" - Hey, I know that guy!
        Ha Ha, it really hurts your own credibility when you finally see that you are wrong but you don't admit it. There's nothing wrong with arguing your side, but be a man and admit it when you are wrong.
        Posted by DrunkPanda immediately after Denver took Knowshon Moreno with the 12th pick in the 1st round

"obviously [email protected] is very confused. he tihnks he is still the offensive coordinator, not the headcoach. he will probably draft offense with the rest of his picks, forgetting that defensive positions even exist in football"

Let's see how this hilarious prediction unfolds is as the draft continues.

Comment

• Originally posted by joshunderwood View Post
          Ha Ha, it really hurts your own credibility when you finally see that you are wrong but you don't admit it. There's nothing wrong with arguing your side, but be a man and admit it when you are wrong.
          Back off the guy. His heart is broken.

Based on traditional break up rules, he needs two months for each year of the relationship. He'll be fine in June.

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
            "I want to be here. I feel like there's a lot I want to accomplish and that's what I've been working to do, but you know it's not in your control," Campbell said. "All I can do is just keep doing what I'm doing, working hard and waiting to see what happens."

Although Campbell still hopes to be Washington's starting quarterback in the 2009 season, "with all the stuff out there, you know crazy stuff happens in this league," he said. "You just have to be ready for anything.

"A bunch of trade talk is what got Cutler mad at Denver, that's the reason all that stuff started with him, but I wouldn't do all that. The thing you understand that there's no loyalty in this game, so you just have to work hard. That's all you can do."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...040201930.html

===============

Funny how a lot of Cutler defenders said most people would react the way Jay did.... Seems Jason Campbell didn't get that feeling huh? Neither did Kellen Clemens, Orton, or any other QB (linked to this JC trade speculation). We don't see Quinn crying, or Derek Anderson... Actually, it appears JC was the only one to react this way.... Strange indeed.

After reading the recent quotes with FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer , and seeing JC sitting front row at the at the UFC Fight Night 18 card in Nashville.... I have had enough of this punk.

PLEASE. How can you believe a word this smart @$$ says anymore? Sure, he goes into hiding like **** Cheney, and suddenly... LAST NIGHT, after the Bowlen edict.... he emerges from seclusion? I do not buy it for one minute.

If he honestly, sincerely, and whole-heartedly felt this way.... All he had to do was say this last week, two weeks ago... 48 hours ago. He didn't even have to speak with Boweln.... just say what you said last night:

"I didn't want to get traded. This wasn't me. (The Broncos) had been going back and forth saying things, wanting me to be their quarterback and then they didn't."

"I really didn't want this. I love Denver. I really like my teammates. I didn't want it to get this far."

The fact you said this now makes you look like a complete tool. I lose all respect for you. I would not blame you for maintaining your position... that you felt lied to.... All that.... Whatever. But for you to say this.... PLEASE... all this is media control. This guy is two-faced. A phoney.... bogus!

I blame Bowlen for this (hiring MCdaniels).... And I blame Mcdaniels for starting this ordeal.... This is all his fault. Mcidiot will have to work some magic to win this fan base over.... He better be this offensive wizard... but anyway.

I don't want to be harsh on Cutler. I wish him the best. BUT, at the same time... I'm over it. This wasn't his fault... but, he did handle this situation poorly. NO doubt.

LOOK... when I heard Mctool wanted to swap JC for MC... I was shocked; when I heard he was going to toss in our first rounder... I wanted to puke.

BUT... a leader doesn't have to air his grievances. Be a man. LIKE JASON CAMPBELL. Look at how childish JC is: he acts this way for weeks, then when DEN complies to his trade demand... he says what he says last night.

Mr. Coherd (ESPN Radio) had somebody on today.... reporting from something in DEN... that there are some concerns with JC's lifestyle... Drinking... all this other stuff?

I say: good bye.... good riddance.
            yea but its always easier being the 2nd or 3rd person that the situation happens too. He may have acted differently if all this wasnt going on. He's just actin according to popular opinion...

Comment

• Originally posted by pitnlala View Post
              Can I ask a question with all sincerity and due respect. If you are only going to ever listen to a news story, or interview where the reporter gives the exact names of the people they talked to...where are you going to get your news? You will only know what happens a day after it happens.

Jay Glazier spoke with jay last night and added to the latest twist on this with Cutler acting surprised and claiming not to want to leave. You are insinuating then, that afte that scoop, he is going to go on local radio and make up a story about teammates of Cutler being miffed he wont call them back?

Seriously?
              And who is to say that those aren't from the last couple of days. Would you pick up the phone for your "team" that just said they where trading you? Do you feel the need to still be a team player and talk to your teammates when they are no longer your teammates?

Again, no names is no real source. I do listen to news reports without a source but I also take them with a grain of salt.

Also, you are reading into the Cutler comments wrong. He has never once said he wants to leave. He has always said that he wants to be the Denver QB and that he loves his team, the city, and his teammates. Just because he is surprised, doesn't mean anything. Also, he can want to stay but think that it isn't possible with a bad relationship with the FO. Just because he says he wanted to be a Bronco, doesn't mean he is trying to retract his trade demand. It just means he doesn't think it will work out even though he still would like to be here.

Comment

• jay said,"this isnt me" and "i never thought it would get this far" proves he was following cooks advice and was told this is the way to get a new 100 mil contract.....well it is just with a different team,which he obviously didnt want !
                i'm a BRONCO'S fan !:go:

Comment

• Originally posted by saltparrot View Post
                  I know what you mean - but the truth is that the whole crux of his argument is about the following line:

But that was different. None of those guys was The Jay Cutler. Or better yet, Jay Cutler was none of those guys. He hasn't been winning Super Bowls. Not breaking records. Not setting a new standard at his position.

Truth be told, he is breaking records and he is setting standards for young QB's.

I'm not saying that Cutler's not acting a fool, and that this whole situation isn't F'd - I'm just saying that he's failing to acknowledge some important facts about him.

He also pointed out that Joe Montana, Eric ****erson, and some other players that were much greater than Jay were all traded. The article is spot on for the most part; Jay Cutler is a whiny baby and he's getting exactly what he asked for, a trade.

Comment

• Ummmm Campbell sucks and no one cares what he thinks. Duh

Comment

• Originally posted by LightningBolt View Post
                      He also pointed out that Joe Montana, Eric ****erson, and some other players that were much greater than Jay were all traded. The article is spot on for the most part; Jay Cutler is a whiny baby and he's getting exactly what he asked for, a trade.
                      I think it'd be a better comparison if Montana had been traded going into his third year as a starter. Not at the end of his career.

Comment

I have credibility? Nice!

Don't worry. Anything that can be hurt or broken can also be fixed.

Comment

And who is to say that those aren't from the last couple of days. Would you pick up the phone for your "team" that just said they where trading you? Do you feel the need to still be a team player and talk to your teammates when they are no longer your teammates?

Again, no names is no real source. I do listen to news reports without a source but I also take them with a grain of salt.

Also, you are reading into the Cutler comments wrong. He has never once said he wants to leave. He has always said that he wants to be the Denver QB and that he loves his team, the city, and his teammates. Just because he is surprised, doesn't mean anything. Also, he can want to stay but think that it isn't possible with a bad relationship with the FO. Just because he says he wanted to be a Bronco, doesn't mean he is trying to retract his trade demand. It just means he doesn't think it will work out even though he still would like to be here.
                          JAY FORMALLY REQUESTED/DEMANDED A TRADE ON MARCH 16th. Now I am not saying that he was wrong in doing so. Yes he felt offended and didn't want to play for McD after all that happened. But how can you credibly say that "he has never once said he wants to leave"!!! It doesn't take a "source" to tell you to just look at the facts.

jhns, you are the most biased Cutler supporter on here! You twist everything more than the media does with or without their sources. I used to respect your posts, but now you have lost it. I hope that once this whole thing is over you will come back to your senses and join the rest of us in rooting for the Broncos.
                          Posted by DrunkPanda immediately after Denver took Knowshon Moreno with the 12th pick in the 1st round

"obviously [email protected] is very confused. he tihnks he is still the offensive coordinator, not the headcoach. he will probably draft offense with the rest of his picks, forgetting that defensive positions even exist in football"

Let's see how this hilarious prediction unfolds is as the draft continues.

Comment

• The simple answer is that unless the Redskins are trying to tell Campbell that he isn't being traded and that they (Redskins) never intended to trade him, then the situations are not the same. Washington is being a class organization and not bold face lying to one of their own ... something that the Broncos were not when they were lying to Jay.

Comment

JAY FORMALLY REQUESTED/DEMANDED A TRADE ON MARCH 16th. Now I am not saying that he was wrong in doing so. Yes he felt offended and didn't want to play for McD after all that happened. But how can you credibly say that "he has never once said he wants to leave"!!! It doesn't take a "source" to tell you to just look at the facts.

jhns, you are the most biased Cutler supporter on here! You twist everything more than the media does with or without their sources. I used to respect your posts, but now you have lost it. I hope that once this whole thing is over you will come back to your senses and join the rest of us in rooting for the Broncos.
                              Umm, he straight said that he wants to be a Bronco several times. Just because he asks for a trade doesn't mean he doesn't want to be a Bronco. It means he feels he isn't going to be able to work with the new coaching staff. Period. You are reading to much into it. He said before and after the trade request that he wants to be a Bronco. How am I just being biased? It came from his mouth.

Also, I have never once stopped rooting for the Broncos. Those comments show ignorance. In fact, they are the most laughable thing I see people typing around here.

Comment

I can argue many points here regarding Jay's comments...but that was not my point.

All I was pointing out, is if I follow your line of thinking, the man (Jay Glazier) that scooped the Cutler interview last night, is now going to go on the radio and make up a story about teammates getting the Heisman from Jay.

Comment

Working...
                                X