McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by luke93 View Post
    Jay went to the pro bowl he has the right to say what ever he wants. And he has the right to be mad, ****ing McDaniels tried to trade Cutler, one of the best qbs in the league, for Cassel, one of the worst, just because he is friends with him. Bowlen needs to smack some sense into McDaniels.
    Im not cheering for Cutler to be traded!! But Cassel is not one of the worst Qb's in football, now we might not know yet how good he really is but worst we know he aint that!!

If i remember right wasnt it Cassel kicking the crap out of Jays team last year? 40 something to 10 something??

Comment

• good post Max.

Like I tell my friends who bleed Orange: anything can happen here. No one is untouchable. Be prepared for even the most unexpected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Orange Dog View Post
        I also just herd John Clayton from ESPN say that Jay asked to be traded
        John Clayton is dumb!

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
          Well, Mike Shanahan worked with John Elway, Steve Young, and Joe Montana, and thought Jay had what it took.
          He also thought Brian Griese and Jake Plummer had what it took.

I agree with the OP, and I am one of the few that wanted us to take Cutler when we took him. So far Jay has proven that he is very gifted in deed but he has also proven that he makes a crap load of bonehead mistakes because he think his arm will bail him out of it. Im not saying he sucks by no means all I am saying is that to me he is not really a elite QB, very good yes but he is not elite at this time. So if the price is right I would have no problems trading him.
          Last edited by PaperBagBronco; 03-01-2009, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
            Maybe the "no defense" and "no running game" excuse doesn't cut it with McDaniels.

^ maybe because we are Broncos fans, we are blind to the fact that Jay has a lot of work to do.

The inconsistency our quarterback has shown could be something our coaches don't think he can get over. What if his attitude that he is "the MAN in Denver" and "nobody can beat his arm" translated to McDaniels not wanting to work with him?

Maybe McDaniels wants a mature QB.

These are all "maybe" statements, so don't bash me.

So many on this board put down my opinions because "the coaches know more about football than you do, so shut up." Well after yesterday those same fans who put me down have proven to be complete hypocrites.

Those same fans are screaming "fire McDaniels!" or "McDaniels needs to suck up to Cutler!"

The fans don't know right now and should CALM DOWN until things are cleared up, whether Jay and McD talk or if Jay is really still on the trade block. In your words, the coaches know more about football and I'm sure they have a plan for either scenario.

You guys are embarrassing me as a Broncos fan. This board is nothing but a bunch of typical males whippin' our their testosteron, ready to fight anybody who dares to even think of touching Jay Cutler.

CALM DOWN.

The old, its just an excuse...excuse.

Look its a fact, with out a running game or a good defense the QB is the only guy that has to make a play EVERY DOWN. He's bound to make mistakes if put in that situation.

No body is saying he shouldn't get better.
            Last edited by LordTrychon; 03-01-2009, 10:50 AM.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• I think you hit the nail on the head!!!!!! Bowlen would not trade Cutler away for anything less than a QB who is seasoned and could almost guarantee a SB win. Think about it...is there any QB out there that could do that? Manning, no way Colts trade him away. Brady, try again. There is no one out there that's available to take us to the promise land...especially in the draft.

Relax Bronco Fans!!!! It's head games at it's finest!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CodyRoark View Post
                Your a pathetic excuse of a human being... You obviously know 'nothing' about football and how it affects the players... people like you really make me sick.
                ahhh that hurts ....really it does

You gonna make fun of my momma next?

Comment

• Exactly these comments from Clayton are not from yesterday.
                  sigpicimage.php?u=373387&type=sigpic&dateline=1325481286

Comment

• We need to get everyone on here too read this post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Orange Dog View Post
                      I also just herd John Clayton from ESPN say that Jay asked to be traded
                      I have heard from Jay Cutler that he never asked to be traded. Which one shall we believe?

Comment

• Originally posted by PaperBagBronco View Post
                        He also thought Brian Griese and Jake Plummer had what it took, what agian is your point?
                        Actually, he did overestimate Brian Griese. I'll grant that.

But Jake Plummer was more or less a stop-gap who overachieved while in Denver. I don't think Shanahan ever saw Elway or Montana in Plummer (although, the great Bill Walsh saw Montana in Plummer when he was first drafted).
                        sigpic

Comment

• Did you also see that ESPN reported "yesterday" that Cutler's agent has asked the Broncos if he could shop Cutler around.
                          sigpicimage.php?u=373387&type=sigpic&dateline=1325481286

Comment

• i hope your right, and honestly i think there is a chance you are. How funny would it be if Cutler, Bowlen, McDaniels, and Xanders were all in on this

Comment

• congrats to the Broncos for losing a life long fan

Thanks for the memories Mr Bowlen, but thats the final straw. This franchise has been in shambles for the last few seasons and while I had faith, I never thought it would come to this. It was a great run, and we had some great teams, but I can not put up with this any longer.

To whomever gets off the list, I hope you enjoy the season tickets I gave up this morning, they were good for many years. Obviously you have more tolerance than I do, but this was a long time coming.

Enjoy the last of Jay Cutler, if he is still here this season, because he is surely on his way out.

To all the rest, please don't kid yourselves. This was bad. This was beyond bad. Jay Cutler will be gone by 2011, if not sooner. There is no way to mend what was done, and if you truly believe this can be fixed, well, you really don't know much about what goes on in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by dbsoldier View Post
                                Im not cheering for Cutler to be traded!! But Cassel is not one of the worst Qb's in football, now we might not know yet how good he really is but worst we know he aint that!!

If i remember right wasnt it Cassel kicking the crap out of Jays team last year? 40 something to 10 something??
                                lol He took a team that went 18-1 and played very medocer with them. Look at aaron rogers. He is 10X the QB Cassel is.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

Working...
                                X