No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have 12 picks this year and 2 1st rounders next year and if you suck this year your next year pick will be in the top 10 (or 5) and you guys can get some solid players and after about 5 years you'll be back in it. Three years if McD doesn't get fired.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

• I hope he tears it up, and absolutely destorys our old secondary. I'm not rooting against the broncos or anything because it is just a preseason game so it doesn't matter at all...I hope he throws 1 stray ball the whole game, and its a bullet to the face for McD

Comment

• Originally posted by tat2matt View Post
        The reactionism by the "fans" is hilarious. Oh no, we lost a guy who has a cannon for an arm but made horrible decisions in the Red Zone, and would get his feelings hurt if the wind blew the wrong direction. All for a few extra draft picks and a QB who put up decent numbers behind an awful offensive line and with no wide receivers. I can see how everyone would be ready to jump off of bridges...
        and I say to them.........JUMP!

or get back on the ship and ride out the storm with the rest of us....
        Where is this season going?

Comment

• Originally posted by joeguy11 View Post
          id argue that our receivers made jay look good
          Absolutely agree......

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
            I'm not saying that we can't be good defensively, but it was real bad last year. I'm not sure there is a person alive that can make good next year.
            We got rid of shanahan and slowil and all those other scrubs on defense and signed proven guys that came from organization that were winners

How is it possibly that you think that we cant get better

Comment

• What u smokin

The Bears just got better and the Broncos got Orton. Need I say more? :go:The Broncos better hit on the draft otherwise it's gonna be a long sad season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
                We got rid of shanahan and slowil and all those other scrubs on defense and signed proven guys that came from organization that were winners

How is it possibly that you think that we cant get better
                I guarantee we are better defensively. I said I don't think anyone can make them good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cugel View Post
                  The Broncos get the #18 pick, which will mean perhaps a mediocre LB or something. Big deal!

Meanwhile the Bears with that defense and Jay Cutler are a lock to win 10 games, maybe as many as 12 which means the Broncos pick next year will be somewhere around #25.

Meanwhile NO franchise QB on the horizon, and the team SUCKS for the next 3 years, guaranteed!

What's not to love?

One bright note: McDaniels is now almost certain to be fired after two losing seasons.
                  Mediocre pick at 18? You realize how deep this draft is?

The bears team is ----------> way since you seem to be more of a Cutler fan than a Bronco fan.

Comment

• Nice going Bowlen....First Shanny and now Cutler....the old man has officially lost it.....there was nothing wrong with what the Broncos had last year....you make a few changes on "D", keep the offense in tact, and raise the div flag...pretty WEAK Bowlen !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
                      Bears also have a really good defense 21.9 ppg ranked 16th in the league last year
                      Didn't know 16th in the league was REALLY GOOD. Certainly better than us last year

Comment

• Yes Im doing this.

Comment

• Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
                          Guy's stop worrying!!!

We all know that draft picks ALWAYS pan out!

That's why trading a proven franchise QB is ok!

We KNOW that the picks we've gotten are going to make us better than a franchise QB ever would!
                          Proven what exactly? All our playoff wins heck even palyoff appearances? Wait a second...

Comment

• Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
                            Im not gonna guarantee anything because it means nothing but im sure that we will do better than 15-17(jay cutlers record last 2 years) in the next 2 years :go:

Oh and people stop pissing your pants over losing cutler ....change fanbases if your that hurt about it ..
                            About the Cutler stat and winning, you should know (especially if you read these boards and listen to local sports radio) that he something like was 12-1 when our defense played "average" (giving up 21 points or less). Not many QB's would have won here with the way our defense played the last 2 years.

So Cutty is going to have a better defense with the Bears (may not be as dominant as they were in the past but definitely better than our defense). The question is the talent on the Offensive side of the ball, I would say last year Cutler played with a better O-Line, WR's, & TE's here in Denver. So we will see how good he can do with lesser talent (might be a wash who knows). But I think Chicago would take a 4500 Yard year for their QB, call it a wash and feel like they got the better part of this deal.

Either way what's done is done, we are all Bronco fans and hopefully none of us are the fair weather kind. So here is to us doing something this next year, for all of us let's hope system trumps talent and we can get by with what we have at the QB position.

Originally posted by jhns View Post
                            You are a joke for this statement right here.

Other than that. I bet Cutler makes the playoffs and maybe wins some games this year while we don't.
                            There is a good chance he will win more games in Chicago than we will here. We have a VERY tough schedule we were rebuilding on Defense and hoping our high powered offense would keep us afloat (now we are going to be rebuilding on both sides of the ball).

Thx,
                            Joe
                            Last edited by garzjoe; 04-02-2009, 04:58 PM.
                            To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post

Jay also made scrub WR make look decent...
                              I just want to pick on you for this one comment.

Do you mean Marshall, Smith, Walker, Stokely, Royal, Scheffler, Graham, etc....???

Who EXACTLY are you talking about?
                              Last edited by yaz96; 04-02-2009, 04:58 PM.
                              Where is this season going?

Comment

• Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
                                I hope he tears it up, and absolutely destorys our old secondary. I'm not rooting against the broncos or anything because it is just a preseason game so it doesn't matter at all...I hope he throws 1 stray ball the whole game, and its a bullet to the face for McD
                                News flash, Baily is the only one left from "our old secondary"

Comment

Working...
                                X