McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are Dancin' in Chicago tonight

McDaniels is an idiot if he thinks this is a good deal. The only reason the Broncos won 8 games last year is because the Offense kept the Defense off the field enough so that they couldn't look any worse.

The Broncos now have no offense to take the heat off the Defense. Orton is a band-aid on his best day, I'm not sure he'll beat out Phil Simms, and that is one seriously sad commentary.

The pick (#18) is down in the "let's take a flyer" area, not a guaranteed day-one starter. Next year's pick will probably be in the high 20s, the NFC North sucks, and Cutler just made them 2 or 3 games better than last year. We essentially traded Cutler for two "maybe they will start in a year or two" players.

I love the Broncos, this stinks. Bowlen is slipping. McDaniels is in way over his head, and he just got served by Chicago.

Comment

• ready my prediction....we have losing record. cutler leads bears to playoffs and maybe superbowl (but doubtful). cutler went 17-20 with us but with the arguebly one of the worst defenses over the past few years. Orton are you serious!!! i mean hes not bad but hes not a starter. chris simms might even be better. i am so pissed we dealt cutler. however, i am a broncos fan and i am gonna just deal with the painful few years to come. i think we draft defense and pick up a quarterback late rounds and maybe use a first rounder on qb next year. late round quarterbacks we could get this year are graham harrell, nate davis, rhett bomar, or david johnson. i just hope we recover from this. i think if mcdaniels doesnt deliver something special this year he should be gone.

Comment

• I think you guys just shafted the Bears

For Starters, McDaniel will get some good mileage out of Orton, aslo, you just got 2 (!) first round picks

Can you say
        "Defensive Line"

Comment

• I'm shocked. The Broncos just robbed the bears and set ourselves up to be a great team for years to come. Orton will love playing behind our O-Line. McD should make him better as well along with our weapons on offense. This is a great day in Broncos history.

Comment

• Originally posted by japfaff View Post
            You can really tell the people that are new fans.... I dont care about how many games we win this year. Even with Cutler we werent a playoff team. All that matters is a championship... All these picks will make Denver a more serious threat in 2010, 2011. The Bears with Cutler arent the Favorites in the NFC. All you guys that are crying...go be bears fans. Cause there are still a lot of pieces missing from that team. This year and next we are most likely going to have 3 pick in the first 50... That is 6 top players. With those picks we can basically get any player that we want. Including a QB if that is what we think. But me I think that Orton could flurish under McD. He has shown me more than Cassell has. I would also argue that the weapons that we have on O are on a par with NE's. We are going to have a young talented D (think about the ravens in the early 00's), and a QB that is 100% a leader wants to be here, and a coach that knows how to get it done.
            Yeah we may have pics who may or may not pan out but look at the stretch.

You will have Marshall who may leave after his stint here. (i predict he'll end up in Chicago following Jay)

Then you have Champ who stayed as long as he could for us because he thought that the team could make it to the playoffs.. He'll be asking for a trade at the end of this year.

the whole 'McD is the best QB coach because he taught Brady and brought up Cassel out of no where' so far McD has failed to live up with that because Cutler is far beyond that of Cassel and Ortin combined... he literally chased him out for a system QB. Also the Tree he comes out of begs to differ about how well NE coaches do outside of NE.

Draft pics are nice but... sending out a proven comity for the 18th pick and a 3rd with another 1st rounder which may end up in the bottom 20 is laughable.

The bears other then their O-line and WR set which btw could be addressed still before the draft and getting WR's this year with a 2nd rounder 4th and 2 5ths to move up will give them a chance to get a decent one to add.

In the end... this trade has to work for denver but there is a high chance it will blow up in our faces... We'll see the fruits of the labor but I really think the McDaniles era will just be a footnote in the Broncos history... its us the fans who suffer with the ineptness of this FO...
            McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

• No matter how they spin it, this is a sad day for the bronco fans.
              "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
                No matter how they spin it, this is a sad day for the bronco fans.
                For you maybe .... Whether our defense sucked or not 17-20 makes me feel better at night

Deion sanders said it best....He hasn't really done anything in this league

Comment

• Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
                  No matter how they spin it, this is a sad day for the bronco fans.
                  How exactly do you figure? we traded a cry baby quarter back for two first round picks, a third round, a kyle orton. This upcoming year might not be the best but i do see us being a serious contender in two years.

The broncos had to trade cutler after all they have been through. Mcdaniels establishes that he has control of this team and no one player is above the team. He is bringing the patriot way to denver and i'm pretty sure the patriots have been quite successful.

Comment

• I could not agree more!

Originally posted by Bitterrooter View Post
                    McDaniels is an idiot if he thinks this is a good deal. The only reason the Broncos won 8 games last year is because the Offense kept the Defense off the field enough so that they couldn't look any worse.

The Broncos now have no offense to take the heat off the Defense. Orton is a band-aid on his best day, I'm not sure he'll beat out Phil Simms, and that is one seriously sad commentary.

The pick (#18) is down in the "let's take a flyer" area, not a guaranteed day-one starter. Next year's pick will probably be in the high 20s, the NFC North sucks, and Cutler just made them 2 or 3 games better than last year. We essentially traded Cutler for two "maybe they will start in a year or two" players.

I love the Broncos, this stinks. Bowlen is slipping. McDaniels is in way over his head, and he just got served by Chicago.
                    Being a Bronco fan for over 35 years and I've seen some bone head plays but nothing like this. All you NFL gurus out there tell me what McD has done. He Took over a system that was already in place. Did he bring anything to NE. No he just follwed in someones foot steps. Dont think belacheat gave this kid to much control. If you want to act like Parcels, Cowher or Belacheat you need some kind of a track record. He'll be gone in two year.
                    It pains me to say this but with the 1st pick in the 2010 draft the brocos select....

I see one of the worst years in team history. With the QB's on the team the other teams d will only have to cover 40 yards. No long balls from this bunch. Jay's INT totals would be welcomed after the air ball these guys will throw up.

And as I said on anther post Pat is just a Members Only Jacket and Bell Bottoms away from becoming Al Davis the second.

I for one will miss Jay.
                    Last edited by flbroncofan1; 04-02-2009, 05:39 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay2Javon4life View Post
                      I will bet you that denver makes the playoffs at the latest in 2010. Im not being a homer here but we got the better of the deal. Very few maybe 5 players in the entire league would get 2 first rounders for them, thats a fact. Over the next 2 years we can rebuild a defense with young talent. Not to mention our o-line is very solid in pass protection so why cant orton or even simms be successful if they are asked to run a spread offense with a great line in front of them and an above average recieving core? I bet our offense is still a top 10 and our defense is a top 15 by 2010. Why not
                      Not to mention that we Recieved a third this year and only surrendered a 5th.

Comment

• Only thing is there is a whole new drafting system in Denver, we don't have to put up with Shanahan's crappy moves anymore. Go McDaniels, bring back the Orange Crush

Comment

• Man, NFL Live, the special ep that is on ESPN2 right now really changed my out look this, yeah Cutler will make there team look better on paper and maybe get a lot of people some wins on Madden with Cutler to hester bombs but they have a lot of gaping holes now with no draft to fix it.

Denver has 4 1st rd picks in 2 years to get real GOOD guys, I'm thinking maybe 3 def. guys and 1 good offensive guy and when we look back on this in 3 years (I know it's a long ways away) I think we will be the overall winner.

So our QB position has taken a huge step down but we have a better offense, way better offensive line to protect whoever is slingin' the rock. We just need to get through the draft and then CRUSH the Bears in that pre season game and I think we'll just have to take it one week at a time

PS - when will we be not seeing this crap in the smiles? :cutler:

Comment

• Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
                            Guy's stop worrying!!!

We all know that draft picks ALWAYS pan out!

That's why trading a proven franchise QB is ok!

We KNOW that the picks we've gotten are going to make us better than a franchise QB ever would!
                            That's why I favor trading DJ Williams, Champ, Royal, and Marshall for even more picks. Imagine if we had 15 first round picks! Then McDaniels, in all his wisdom, could draft the 15 most amazing players in the history of the sport and really make us a contender.

Comment

• You guys are getting love in Boston media for the trade.

They compared that New England only got a second rounder for Cassel and still had to throw in Vrabel.

You guys basically could end up getting 3-4 starters just in the first 3 rounds this year.

They thought Cutler is a cry baby but all we know is the Patriot way and you guys could see another side.

Comment

• Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
                                Guy's stop worrying!!!

We all know that draft picks ALWAYS pan out!

That's why trading a proven franchise QB is ok!

We KNOW that the picks we've gotten are going to make us better than a franchise QB ever would!
                                Well lets see CLADY, ROYAL, RYAN HARRIS, SPENCER LARSEN,PEYTON HILLIS!!!!! yeah I am happy with the deal. All four were rookies last year and everyone you could make an arguement that they were a big part of Cutlers success! So yeah I am cool with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X