McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheTruth420 View Post
    I'm shocked. The Broncos just robbed the bears and set ourselves up to be a great team for years to come. Orton will love playing behind our O-Line. McD should make him better as well along with our weapons on offense. This is a great day in Broncos history.
    Good to see the drunk are on this board today.The problem is we have to hope these 1st picks work.Thats a question mark.The Broncos havent exactly blown up the draft we defensive picks this decade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cugel View Post
      The Broncos get the #18 pick, which will mean perhaps a mediocre LB or something. Big deal!

Meanwhile the Bears with that defense and Jay Cutler are a lock to win 10 games, maybe as many as 12 which means the Broncos pick next year will be somewhere around #25.

Meanwhile NO franchise QB on the horizon, and the team SUCKS for the next 3 years, guaranteed!

What's not to love?

One bright note: McDaniels is now almost certain to be fired after two losing seasons.
      Nothing is a lock in the NFL, you know that. Their defense isn't that great, they are very susceptible to the run and their secondary can be burnt just like any other team. Their O-line isn't good and what receivers do the Bears have? It's not like Jay just landed in New England or Indianapolis. It might take him a couple of years to learn the offense and get comfortable with it. He will do alright but, imo, the Vikings or Packers still win that division.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
        Well lets see CLADY, ROYAL, RYAN HARRIS, SPENCER LARSEN,PEYTON HILLIS!!!!! yeah I am happy with the deal. All four were rookies last year and everyone you could make an arguement that they were a big part of Cutlers success! So yeah I am cool with it.
        Harris wasn't a rookie last season :salute!:

Comment

• Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
          Guy's stop worrying!!!

We all know that draft picks ALWAYS pan out!

That's why trading a proven franchise QB is ok!

We KNOW that the picks we've gotten are going to make us better than a franchise QB ever would!
          Don't forget we also got Kyle Orton who has a proven arm of about 7 yards! HOORAY!!!! Definitely not the worst day in franchise history!

Comment

• Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
            For you maybe .... Whether our defense sucked or not 17-20 makes me feel better at night

Deion sanders said it best....He hasn't really done anything in this league
            Now Jay is given a chance to do something In the League.

He just stepped in the best possible situation with the bears.

No more gusty chances at 3rd and 15 because he has a Defense, a Run game in Matt Forte, and a Special teams that will get him great field position.

All we get are 2 first round pics one is an 18th the other may as well be in the bottom 25... a 3rd round pick and we surrender a 5th rounder.

We also have an GM and HC that have NEVER EVER drafted in their whole lives...

Everyone thinks the Broncos FO knows what they are doing but without any real people that have eyes for talent (Xanders and McD) we might as well surrender this year and next year to the Chargers along with firing McD.

This trade better work for the Broncos more then the Bears if not we'll be talked about in the same breath as the Baltimore Colts when Elway weaseled out from playing with them.
            McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

• Congrats Broncos!!! You've unloaded a crybaby QB for another franchise's future.

Orton seems like a heady player that could adapt well to McD's offensive system, plus, you get to load up with early round draft picks that, I can only imagine, will be spent on what ever best player is available on Defense.

Your turn around could be quicker than you think (look at the Dolphins and Atlanta).

This was a horrible trade for da Bears. They'll soon find out what a fragile ego they've aquired and wonder why he can't get the job done with the scrub WRs he's been given to work with. Hester is his best receiver...
              Good job...

Comment

• Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
                Guy's stop worrying!!!

We all know that draft picks ALWAYS pan out!

That's why trading a proven franchise QB is ok!

We KNOW that the picks we've gotten are going to make us better than a franchise QB ever would!
                And don't forget, we've got the boy genius who can win with ANY QB.

Draft? We don't need no stinkin' draft.

Championship!!
                sigpic

Comment

• So, what year were you LEAST excited to watch the Broncos play??

I can't remember going into a season where I was less excited about the season than I am this year.

MAYBE after the 6-10 year in Griese's first year, but I think I was more excited because I felt Sharpe and TD would be coming back after their injured season.

This year... we are trading our best away. The ONE player I enjoyed watching more than any other since the departure of Elway.

I can't remember a season that I'm less excited about, and I absolutely LOVE football.

Comment

Remember Bubby Brister?
                    Where is this season going?

Comment

• This will be the first time in 5 yrs i'll consider not getting the sunday ticket.

Comment

• Originally posted by yaz96 View Post
                        Remember Bubby Brister?
                        yeah?... and?

Comment

• The year the big dog #12 Chris Miller was starting
                          sigpic

Champ Bailey in 2005
                          30 times thrown at, 10 interceptions, 10 receptions, 10 incompletions

Comment

• Probably '07. I didn't follow the Broncos THAT much in '07 even if we won. I wasn't a very loyal fan that year.

Comment

• I'm least excited to see what we will do next year..

Why?

The fact that we lost a franchise 25 year old pro bowl quarterback....

Our BRUTAL schedule.

Really. What in the world is there to look FORWARD too this season? Kyle Orton? Some first round draft picks?

Please.. This is a major disappointment.

McD came into the Broncos with the #2 ranked offense in the NFL (whether some people want to admit it or not because they didn't put points on the board, but they were a top ranked offense)

But now, instead of actually BUILDING our defense, we now have a major HOLE on offense. Kyle Orton? LMAO!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to watch a hybrid 3-4 defense, with few players who actually FIT that scheme, and a starti.... starting quarterback in Kyle Orton??? LOL!!!!

WOW.

Comment

• any season Plummer was our QB.

Comment

Working...
                                X