Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AWT View Post
    I am excited every year.

I get irritated about things, like when we released Atwater, or when Sharpe went to the Ravens. I was mad when we let Trevor Price go.. There are things every year that I don't like.

Players change, coaches change, owners change, but they are still the Broncos.

Broncos fans don't just give up on a season.
    That's an excellent post.

I was a huge Atwater and Pryce fan. It really disappointed me when they were let walk. I was a fan before them (gosh, even before Elway), and I'll be a fan long after Cutler is gone.
    sigpic
    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• I am very EXCITED for this year. It's gonna bring some challenges, but I know we can do better than we have the last 3 years.

BANDWAGONERS!!!! CUTLER WAS ONE BOY! WE LOST ONE BOY? HOW IS OUR SEASON OVER ALREADY!?!?!? PUSHING CAPS LOCK Now. Seriously, some of you "fans" need to have more faith in our team.

As for the question...I was least excited the year after Elway retired and pretty much TD retired that year too, thanks to a couple knee injuries.

Ok pushing the caps lock nOW! BRONCO FANS WE WILL BE OK. WE WILL BE BETTER!
      HERE'S TO A FANTASTIC 2009 SEASON!:salute!:

Comment

• I get so sick of this.

It doesn't take a 'real fan' to simply close your eyes and show blind loyalty. Thats not a fan any more than someone that expresses TRUE dissatisfaction with what their team is doing.

If I ate at a bad restaurant, would you go back simply because they told you it was good? If you went to a barber and kept getting bad hair-cuts, do you simply go back with no complaints???

WHy should I simply "accept" my favorite football team absolutely destroying the best fiber of our team simply because they are my favorite?

I'm no "Bandwagon" jumper simply because I express that I'm NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS SEASON.... I don't get any enjoyment out of watching CRAP

Comment

• First of all, before everybody tells me that I'm not a real fan, get bent!! I've had season tix since 1994 and have literally put my money where my mouth is when I upgraded to the Club Level.

That said, I have ZERO interest in this season, and it's not just the Jay situation, although that certainly cemented things for me.

I absolutely hated the selection of Mickey Mouse as our HC. We didn't need an OC, we needed a defensive HC. And we certainly didn't need Beli-cheat's adopted son.

I have also totally lost any faith in Bowlen. His Al Davis act has totally dismantled a team that had some weaknesses, but also had some incredible strengths. He lied about why he fired Shanahan. He lied about Jay's place on the team. He lied about the Goodmans. He lied about the new HC not having too much power. In my opinion, he's decided to be Jerry Jones, without spending the money to back it up.

But again, it wasn't just the Jay thing. Mickey Mouse proved he wasn't capable of this job when he fired Mike Leach to bring in one of his homies from NE. That single move proved, to me at least, that he wasn't talented enough to know what's important and what isn't.

I've already cancelled my account with the Broncos. I sent Bowlen an email that I will no longer support an organization that tells the fans to f-off while I act like I know what I'm doing. An owner who has apparently decided that rebuilding in the name of "being in charge" is more important than doing what's right. I know it won't matter, after all, he's proven this year that he doesn't care about us.

So, while I've been a fan since 1977, and have witnessed some of the most disappointing moments in team history, I couldn't be more disappointed (and less excited) than I am this year. I really feel like a part of my life has been taken from me with the moves Bowlen has made this year.

It breaks my heart.
          sigpic

Comment

• This year...

This will be the first year (since I started watching in 1970) that I'm not excited about the upcoming season. Why? Because Mr. Bowlen has turned this team into another Detroit/Oakland/Cleveland by getting rid of Shanahan and Cutler. Kyle Orton? Are you kidding. He's mediocre at best. And McDaniels has a lot to learn about gaining the trust of his players and the fans. I fear we're headed for years of dismal football in Orange Country.
            sigpic

Comment

• Sorry both of you guys...

But if you don't agree with the coach, you are a bandwagoner.

:

:cutler::cutler:

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                I get so sick of this.

It doesn't take a 'real fan' to simply close your eyes and show blind loyalty. Thats not a fan any more than someone that expresses TRUE dissatisfaction with what their team is doing.

If I ate at a bad restaurant, would you go back simply because they told you it was good? If you went to a barber and kept getting bad hair-cuts, do you simply go back with no complaints???

WHy should I simply "accept" my favorite football team absolutely destroying the best fiber of our team simply because they are my favorite?

I'm no "Bandwagon" jumper simply because I express that I'm NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS SEASON.... I don't get any enjoyment out of watching CRAP
                I don't think you are a bandwagon fan at all Ravage. I didn't think Mindfield was a bandwagon fan either when he kept calling for Mike's job (even if it annoyed me), and he ended up being right. I am disappointed too. I am just choosing to be optomistic. I agree, having Cutler reminded me a lot of the excitement of Elway. There was always a chance to win.

I guess I am not going to give up on Bowlen. Over the last 15 years he has developed a reputation of being a class owner who will go to great lengths to win. You know it wasn't easy to let Shanny go, but he did it because it was time for change.

Obviously he knows he has to live with the mistakes his rookie head coach has made, but I will still choose to believe that we will build a contender over the next two years. Unfortunately, it's probably not going to happen this year.
                Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 04-02-2009, 08:41 PM.
                sigpic
                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

I can't remember going into a season where I was less excited about the season than I am this year.

MAYBE after the 6-10 year in Griese's first year, but I think I was more excited because I felt Sharpe and TD would be coming back after their injured season.

This year... we are trading our best away. The ONE player I enjoyed watching more than any other since the departure of Elway.

I can't remember a season that I'm less excited about, and I absolutely LOVE football.
                  Gotta be the first year with no Elway. Orton instead of Cutler is bad, but not quite as Bad as Griese instead of Elway.
                  "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by -=BroncosFan=- View Post
                    I am very EXCITED for this year. It's gonna bring some challenges, but I know we can do better than we have the last 3 years.

BANDWAGONERS!!!! CUTLER WAS ONE BOY! WE LOST ONE BOY? HOW IS OUR SEASON OVER ALREADY!?!?!? PUSHING CAPS LOCK Now. Seriously, some of you "fans" need to have more faith in our team.

As for the question...I was least excited the year after Elway retired and pretty much TD retired that year too, thanks to a couple knee injuries.

Ok pushing the caps lock nOW! BRONCO FANS WE WILL BE OK. WE WILL BE BETTER!
                    HERE'S TO A FANTASTIC 2009 SEASON!:salute!:

Tom Brady might be wearing Womens underwear but he also is wearing superbowls rings.

Comment

I can't remember going into a season where I was less excited about the season than I am this year.

MAYBE after the 6-10 year in Griese's first year, but I think I was more excited because I felt Sharpe and TD would be coming back after their injured season.

This year... we are trading our best away. The ONE player I enjoyed watching more than any other since the departure of Elway.

I can't remember a season that I'm less excited about, and I absolutely LOVE football.
                      A dead heat between 1991 and 2000... both years we were coming off sub-.500 seasons, and both times we retained most the same personnel... and both years we ended up making the playoffs, so maybe it's an omen.

Personally, this is the most excited I've been since 2005 (for different reasons obviously). I love that we're going to put this crap behind us and make Jay Cutler a distant memory. I'm also excited to have another team to root against (Chicago) with a passion. Most of all, I'm excited to add a strategically-placed N to the back of my authentic, orange CUTLER jersey...
                      Sent from my Human Cent-iPad

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeCrushX View Post
                        Tom Brady might be wearing Womens underwear but he also is wearing superbowls rings.
                        NOT TO MEN...OH CAPS LOCK not to mention he's bangin hot betties. Probably wearing their underwear to be exact. That sig pic is old. I haven't logged in in quite some time so I appologise. And Ravage and MTN MAN! I didnt mean to imply you were bandwagoners. I'm just tired of all these fans thinking the season is over simply because we traded Jay. It sucks this happend and I was hoping maybe he'd stay, but thats the past ya know. We gotta look to the future...no matter how bright or dark? At least we gotta fresh face against Phillis Rivers and doltz. No more..."Is there bitter blood between JAY AND PHILLIS." Whether it's Kyle Orton, Chris Simms, or D-HaK. It's a new system we could do poorly yes..but we could also kick the **** out of our opponents! :go:

Comment

• Where were all Jay's teammates?

I'm sure everything about this saga will come out in due time, and we'll eventually realize just how much of this story we did (or did not) know.

But one thing I've been wondering through all this:

Were were Cutler's teammates through all of this - in particular, Champ, Eddie, Brandon, Tony... couldn't they try to talk some sense into Jay and let him know that part of mending fences in this whole fiasco was his responsibility? Instead, it sounds like he just refused to even feign interest when (the hint of) an olive branch was offered.

Then again, maybe they did and we don't know. But like I said, I hope the entire story comes out eventually, from both sides. (Wishful thinking? I dunno.)

Anyway, it's all water under the bridge right now.

:2cents:
                          sigpic
                          They're your teammates, now.
                          Best of luck, TT!
                          ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stiffy View Post
                            That's why I favor trading DJ Williams, Champ, Royal, and Marshall for even more picks. Imagine if we had 15 first round picks! Then McDaniels, in all his wisdom, could draft the 15 most amazing players in the history of the sport and really make us a contender.
                            WOW Really? Im sure its obvious Im an Eddie Royal fan and all but you would really trade him? I got to watch him play all of his college games and anyone would be crazy to trade him. He was the steal of the draft last year.

Comment

• They were apparently being team players and keeping their mouths shut. Something Jay could take a lesson from.

Comment

• who's to say they weren't talking with him, paging him, texting him? We dont' know. I would bet he was talking with them a lot. Doesn't change anything.

I bet they are stunned and disappointed... and I would bet Marshall and Royal are really not that excited about Orton now being their guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X