McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tat2matt View Post
    They were apparently being team players and keeping their mouths shut. Something Jay could take a lesson from.
    Thats funny

How do you keep your mouth shut when you are the centerpiece for a qb-qb trade that was given by a first year HC that had just drafted you to be the franchise QB??

Hardly.

Comment

• This should tell you something. They didn't support him or his actions.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdbronco85 View Post
        This should tell you something. They didn't support him or his actions.
        Thats not true at all...

My god.. do any of you ever watch football, listen to the sports talk shows, or read about football other than these boards???

I mean, its ok if you don't..... but this statement is completely inaccurate.

Comment

• They were texting him, according to a thing I watched on television. They were telling him that he was wanted, was what I heard. Probably not trying to tell him what he should do, what decision he should make, but at least telling him he was wanted so he didn't think the whole team turned against him in mere months.

I don't have a link. If you'd rather not believe me that's all right.
          Knowshon Moreno Fanclub, Number Nineteen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
            Thats not true at all...

My god.. do any of you ever watch football, listen to the sports talk shows, or read about football other than these boards???

I mean, its ok if you don't..... but this statement is completely inaccurate.
            Care to show us some links or video of his team backing him? And I don't mean them saying how good he is.

Comment

• Yeah i think thats outside the lines. I think his teammates were more focused on whats in front of them more so than drama thats going on in front of them.

The thing i really want to know is what does marshall,graham,bailey,clady, royal think of all of this?
              sigpic

Raiders @ Broncos 9-30-12

Comment

• Originally posted by sdbronco85 View Post
                Care to show us some links or video of his team backing him? And I don't mean them saying how good he is.
                I'm not doing your homework for you, but Royal and several others have stated how they want Jay here, how Jay is there man, and how much they support Jay. Its a business... and they all know it.

So if you want to look it up... go ahead, but I'm not your secretary.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbutk View Post
                  I'm sure everything about this saga will come out in due time, and we'll eventually realize just how much of this story we did (or did not) know.

But one thing I've been wondering through all this:

Were were Cutler's teammates through all of this - in particular, Champ, Eddie, Brandon, Tony... couldn't they try to talk some sense into Jay and let him know that part of mending fences in this whole fiasco was his responsibility? Instead, it sounds like he just refused to even feign interest when (the hint of) an olive branch was offered.

Then again, maybe they did and we don't know. But like I said, I hope the entire story comes out eventually, from both sides. (Wishful thinking? I dunno.)

Anyway, it's all water under the bridge right now.

:2cents:

Gag order i guess.
                  "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

• Broncos Players are UnHappy

I've been listening to ESPN radio in Chicago and they just were talking with a sports reporter who used to be in Denver and he said that he talked to a Bronco player today that said they are very angry with what has happened with the team and Jay Cutler. "Got rid of a Hall of fame coach for a young rookie and then got rid of the Franchise quarterback."

So the players :cutler:without being screened by the Coach are not happy.

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Cutlers Teammates are in Chicago.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BurgessRudy View Post
                        I've been listening to ESPN radio in Chicago and they just were talking with a sports reporter who used to be in Denver and he said that he talked to a Bronco player today that said they are very angry with what has happened with the team and Jay Cutler. "Got rid of a Hall of fame coach for a young rookie and then got rid of the Franchise quarterback."

So the players :cutler:without being screened by the Coach are not happy.

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!
                        At the rate McDaniels is going, everyone that played under Shanahan here will be gone within the next year or two, so it really doesn't matter what these guys think.
                        sigpic

Comment

• it's going to come out pretty soon that the denver players think he was being a big baby through all of this, i can't wait!
                          sigpic

Comment

• At the rate McD is screwing up.

McD will be gone in 3 years MAX.

Comment

• This is for all you cutler jock lovers

The Denver Broncos have agreed in principle to trade quarterback Jay Cutler to the Chicago Bears. Terms of the deal will be disclosed at a later time.

It has been reported that the Broncos will receive a first-round pick in 2009, a third-round pick in 2009, a first-round pick in 2010 and quarterback Kyle Orton in return for Cutler and a fifth-round pick in 2009, though nothing has been officially announced.

In 33 career starts, Orton has compiled a record of 21-12, including a record of 15-2 in home games.

Winning record something cutler didn't have.

If the reports are correct, the Broncos will have the following picks in the upcoming NFL Draft:

1-12-12 Denver
                              1-18-18 Denver (from Chicago)
                              2-16-48 Denver
                              3-15-79 Denver
                              3-20-84 Denver (from Chicago)
                              4-14-114 Denver
                              5-13-149 Denver
                              6-12-185 Denver
                              7-16-225 Denver
                              7-26-235 Denver (from Atlanta)

It would also mean that over the next two NFL Drafts, the Broncos will have nine picks in the first three rounds.

Check back with DenverBroncos.com for updates.

Lots of draft picks to get players like the tom brady's or teddy bruiskeys or the league. System players tend to win championships not hot shots claiming they have a better arm then the "LEGEND".

I am still in favor of picking up Vick here in July for cheap because the broncos will need a wildcat formattion and who better to run it.

Comment

• Thats just all here say. Believe me if players were that miffed they would gone to denver press. People may be mad or what ever, but they are (or should be) professionals and will accept Orton when he comes in.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X