McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BurgessRudy View Post
    I've been listening to ESPN radio in Chicago and they just were talking with a sports reporter who used to be in Denver and he said that he talked to a Bronco player today that said they are very angry with what has happened with the team and Jay Cutler. "Got rid of a Hall of fame coach for a young rookie and then got rid of the Franchise quarterback."

So the players :cutler:without being screened by the Coach are not happy.

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Those players are all just fair weather fans, like they have anything really invested in this upcoming season.....right?

Comment

• Its sad to think that Denver will be turning into one of those teams who never gets a stable QB..
      Walk on
      With hope in your heart
      And you'll never walk alone

Comment

• I don't know who I'm kidding; certainly not myself. My stomach is twisting over this. A franchise only gets a quarterback once in it's lifetime with the kind of skills that Cutler or Elway had, and we were fortunate to have it twice. I am not happy about this at all.

I guess I just tend to be the kind of guy when he has to walk 400 miles will get past the first ten and say "well, we've only got 390 to go". So, I guess that's what it feels like. We've got about 390 miles to go.

I am not ready to hate Bowlen though. I agree that he has made mistakes in all of this, but I think alot of it is attributed to a rookie head coach who got extremely over zealous.

Bowlen has shown over the years that he is willing to do what it takes to win. Unfortunately, this probably set us back a couple of years.
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ch1ggs View Post
          Okay, so you're just pulling stuff out of your rear? If Dawkins wanted to win so bad, why didn't he stay in Philly.
          philly wasnt going to sign brian dawkins. why would he stay on a team that didnt want him?!

and im not pulling stuff out of my rear. brian himself said he came to the broncos bec they made it clear to him they are built to win NOW, that theyre not rebuilding. bec dawkins cannot wait for rebuilding, he only has few years left in him.

so what in your little world do you think the broncos are primed to win NOW?! maybe josh, in all his arrogance, will play qb just to prove he's the !man! out there! then theyll win! woohoo! coach and qb all in one!!! mcdummy for mvp!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
            don't be ridiculous. You think they are going to stage a mutiny and then make this team bad? They get paid to play a game. Sure they might be pissed (some). Winning cures all. If we start winning then all is solved.
            Only the foolhardy can believe that everything will be roses. After the Mike Leach situation, Reggie Rivers reported that there were several players that weren’t too happy. Brandon Stokely – of all people – publically spoke out. To think that players will not be more affected by a QB getting dealt than a long snapper is crazy.

The real issue McDaniels will be facing is that of chemistry. Even if the locker room puts on a happy face, there is a good chance the players will never totally mesh. That’s a recipe for disaster no matter how much talent is listed on paper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
              I get so sick of this.

It doesn't take a 'real fan' to simply close your eyes and show blind loyalty. Thats not a fan any more than someone that expresses TRUE dissatisfaction with what their team is doing.

If I ate at a bad restaurant, would you go back simply because they told you it was good? If you went to a barber and kept getting bad hair-cuts, do you simply go back with no complaints???

WHy should I simply "accept" my favorite football team absolutely destroying the best fiber of our team simply because they are my favorite?

I'm no "Bandwagon" jumper simply because I express that I'm NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS SEASON.... I don't get any enjoyment out of watching CRAP

My sentiments exactly, passion comes in many forms, anger at incompetence is one of them, blind loyalty is another.

Comment

• Unhappy fan

I have been a Bronco fan sense 1976 and in that time many good and bad things have happened with the Elway trade being the best and the hiring of Josh the worst. The defense could have been rebuilt in two years and we would have had one of the top QBs. If Cutler could have won 2 super bowls in fifteen years we will never know!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kavu View Post
                  Its sad to think that Denver will be turning into one of those teams who never gets a stable QB..
                  Some truth there. We had a decent one with Plummer. A glorified game manager? Sure, but he was still decent. What we did to that guy was pretty awful. Last 3 years have been almost karmic.

Hell, Jay Cutler's first game was the one where Al Wilson ended his career.

Comment

• least excited

Year before Elway. Period

Comment

I can't remember going into a season where I was less excited about the season than I am this year.

MAYBE after the 6-10 year in Griese's first year, but I think I was more excited because I felt Sharpe and TD would be coming back after their injured season.

This year... we are trading our best away. The ONE player I enjoyed watching more than any other since the departure of Elway.

I can't remember a season that I'm less excited about, and I absolutely LOVE football.
                      Same. I honestly don't know how I feel about the franchise right now. I'm absolutedly disillusioned by this whole thing.
                      Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                      Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                      Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

• I rather be called a Banwagon fan for being angry at the Front Office and choosing not to support the new regime.

Then a Fan who is blind from the truth, just likes to go "well they know what they are doing they own the team."

You know... look at the world around you and try using that logic... you'll find out that sometimes, being blind to the truth is the wrong thing to do.

In this case if your a fan of the team, and refuse to see any logic of what McDaniles, Xanders and Bowlen have done. then your nothing more then a lemming in society.

You know what happens to lemmings right.. they match off the cliff to their demises because they dont question what those above them do.
                        McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

I can't remember going into a season where I was less excited about the season than I am this year.

MAYBE after the 6-10 year in Griese's first year, but I think I was more excited because I felt Sharpe and TD would be coming back after their injured season.

This year... we are trading our best away. The ONE player I enjoyed watching more than any other since the departure of Elway.

I can't remember a season that I'm less excited about, and I absolutely LOVE football.
                          Ravage you should be ashamed of yourself for starting this thread. :nono:

We don't need salt thrown in the wounds.

To be honest with your question though?

After going to 3 Super Bowls out of 4 years and losing each of them worse each time, made a sick gut reaction. You of all people should know that.

After losing our 4th Super Bowl, 3 out of 4 years we WENT. That 55-10 loss to the 49ers, really kicked me so hard in the heart you will never know.

But I remained a Bronco fan.

As I am today.
                          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                            Ravage you should be ashamed of yourself for starting this thread. :nono:

We don't need salt thrown in the wounds.

To be honest with your question though?

After going to 3 Super Bowls out of 4 years and losing each of them worse each time, made a sick gut reaction. You of all people should know that.

After losing our 4th Super Bowl, 3 out of 4 years we WENT. That 55-10 loss to the 49ers, really kicked me so hard in the heart you will never know.

But I remained a Bronco fan.

As I am today.
                            so you aer saying it was harder to look forward to the season after we went to the 89 bowl??

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
                              First of all, before everybody tells me that I'm not a real fan, get bent!! I've had season tix since 1994 and have literally put my money where my mouth is when I upgraded to the Club Level.

That said, I have ZERO interest in this season, and it's not just the Jay situation, although that certainly cemented things for me.

I absolutely hated the selection of Mickey Mouse as our HC. We didn't need an OC, we needed a defensive HC. And we certainly didn't need Beli-cheat's adopted son.

I have also totally lost any faith in Bowlen. His Al Davis act has totally dismantled a team that had some weaknesses, but also had some incredible strengths. He lied about why he fired Shanahan. He lied about Jay's place on the team. He lied about the Goodmans. He lied about the new HC not having too much power. In my opinion, he's decided to be Jerry Jones, without spending the money to back it up.

But again, it wasn't just the Jay thing. Mickey Mouse proved he wasn't capable of this job when he fired Mike Leach to bring in one of his homies from NE. That single move proved, to me at least, that he wasn't talented enough to know what's important and what isn't.

I've already cancelled my account with the Broncos. I sent Bowlen an email that I will no longer support an organization that tells the fans to f-off while I act like I know what I'm doing. An owner who has apparently decided that rebuilding in the name of "being in charge" is more important than doing what's right. I know it won't matter, after all, he's proven this year that he doesn't care about us.

So, while I've been a fan since 1977, and have witnessed some of the most disappointing moments in team history, I couldn't be more disappointed (and less excited) than I am this year. I really feel like a part of my life has been taken from me with the moves Bowlen has made this year.

It breaks my heart.
                              I have no idea if I am simply "out" now, but I the stuff you said 100% explains how I feel. This offseason has just been horrible, with Mac's longsnapping buddy and Bowlen saying one thing and doin another (and another, and another..... etc) I was basically clutching to Cutler staying so at least I could support the product on the field.

Now, whether I'm flamed or not, I don't know how I feel. Cutler was my favorite player, the most exciting player I've watched seriously on Denver (I started REALLY getting into football post-Elway). The other players I'm really into are either aging (Champ) moving positions and may not be a fit (Elvis, D.J) play a position that is hard to just jump for excitement about (Clady). It leaves basically Hillis, whom may be cut in camp (he was offered onto trade bait too if I remember correctly) and Royal (YAY!) and Marsh, who may be suspended.
                              Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                              Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                              Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

• Cry Babies...Just Like Cutler

You guys call yourselves fans? A quarterback with a losing record, a QB who has accomplished very little in terms of titles, thinks he is invincible. He thinks he is better than everyone else on the team. I am glad he's gone. I would rather watch us lose every game than see that cry baby get coddled by this organization. We needed a guy to shake things up and now that Mcdaniels has done that everyone seems to be crying about it. You guys are more fical than Jets fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X