Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new qb

Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
    That's going to be a big what could've, would've, should've in Cutler's mind forever
    McDaniels was brought in to help Cutler. That was Bowlen's idea all the way, that's why we didn't get a defensive-minded coach, it was all about Cutler

He threw it all away. He will never have an OL, good receivers, tight-ends, running backs and an offensive-minded coach like Mcdaniels to build an incredible career and future in the NFL. This is the reality. It's not that Cutler will win SB's in Chicago, get real!
    The guy got nobody but himself to blame. He couldn't work around his ego to show the Broncos Front Office he was ready to put things behind and accept his responsibility as the starting QB for the Denver Boncos and start attending mini-camps, learn the offense and move forward
    Chicago doesn't have a great offense, and Cutler won't have the same offensive personnel to work with. It's going to be a rocky road ahead for Mr Cutler
    If McDaniels was brought in the help Cutler why was his first move to shop for a new qb ????????????????????????? It's clear to see this guy just didn't want to work with Jay . WELCOME TO THE REBUILDING YEARS !!!!!!!!!!!!! is Mcdaniels going to install all the spycams himself at investco ?

Comment

• It was hardest for me to watch Broncos football toward the end of the 2006 season and all of the 07 season.
      SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaeks75 View Post
        You guys call yourselves fans? A quarterback with a losing record, a QB who has accomplished very little in terms of titles, thinks he is invincible. He thinks he is better than everyone else on the team. I am glad he's gone. I would rather watch us lose every game than see that cry baby get coddled by this organization. We needed a guy to shake things up and now that Mcdaniels has done that everyone seems to be crying about it. You guys are more fical than Jets fans.
        well first

this team has been looking for its next Elway for 8 years

we found one and it took 1 rookie HC who was suppose to be this 'offensive genius and genus QB coach' to ruin all of that.

The losing record heh... you mean you wanna say that Jay lost all those games because our Defense couldnt figure out how to put pressure on the opposing Offense. Thats a laugh... the bears have a 16th rank Defense 21.6ppg I say Jay's record when the Broncos D allowed 21 points was 13-1 so its easy to say... Jay could win.

Well if your willing to be a leming i wont stop you... but sometimes its smart to question those in power team wise and those who run the country...

Nothing is gained by being blind from the truth and working on faith alone. You got to have both in order.

All the McD honks have are faith that this trade pans out where most likely it wont because McD HAS NEVER DRAFTED A PLAYER!
        McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
          I am always excited for each and every year. I have lost blood for my team, and will do it again.

That's the way it should be!!! And that has always been the way I feel every year. And I sure don't start calling for peoples heads before given the oppurtunity to prove themselves.

Jay wanted out of this situation long before McDaniels showed up. Hence day after Shanny was fired and walked into Bowlens Office and raised a stink prior to ever announcing the next Head Coach.

Everyone can blame McDaniels all they want because it's easier than saying your franchise QB was big Ol crybaby with a non winning record since High School, but yet we are supposed to bend over backwards for him? But bottom line none of these decisions were made without Pat Bowlens consent. And I have always liked Pat Bowlen I think he is a class act he has definitely proven himself a heck of alot more than Scrubler ever did.

Comment

• I don't have a year that I can pick out....because I tend to be optimistic at the onset of every season. And in the end, it's not how you enter the season (as a fan) but how you end it. If you asked if I was disappointed in a given year, I'd say the past few years were pretty high up there. So in that regard, why not be optimistic?

Sure the Jay thing has taken its toll, but lets move on. He true colours showed, and therefore I'm glad this played out this way, instead of a trade earlier on, before anyone knew. This whole episode, even if partly the error of the FO, ended up proving that Jay (and his agent) has a side that I do not admire.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the next few weeks, the draft, camp, pre-season, regular season, and whatever comes next.

This all coming from one who lives far away, and can pick and choose any team to support, versus being a local fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
              I can't remember going into a season where I was less excited about the season than I am this year.

MAYBE after the 6-10 year in Griese's first year, but I think I was more excited because I felt Sharpe and TD would be coming back after their injured season.

This year... we are trading our best away. The ONE player I enjoyed watching more than any other since the departure of Elway.

I can't remember a season that I'm less excited about, and I absolutely LOVE football.
              I've never been this disappointed and unexcited about an upcoming season. I try to be optimistic and hope that the Broncos trade their 12th or 18th up to get to Sanchez...Oh wait, that would be logical given our situation

Comment

• I think some of you are missing King's point. Regardless of whose fault all this is, Cutler in Chicago is not goign to have the same success as he did in Denver. Denver has a fine O-line and some good receivers. Chicago? Who do they have? And are they going to open it up like the Denver O?

I never thought that Cutler was as good as the hype. Now, we will see. I will go on record now to say that Cutler's numbers in Chicago will not match his 2008 numbers. And that, I think, is King's main point. Jay Cutler wil not be as successful in Chicago as he would have been in Denver.

Comment

• McD must go

Nothing in Broncoland will be right until this guy goes. All ex New England coaches have failed. Why should we believe this guy will be different?

Comment

• Originally posted by neednewteam View Post
                    If McDaniels was brought in the help Cutler why was his first move to shop for a new qb ????????????????????????? It's clear to see this guy just didn't want to work with Jay . WELCOME TO THE REBUILDING YEARS !!!!!!!!!!!!! is Mcdaniels going to install all the spycams himself at investco ?
                    Nobody has been able to confirm/prove that McD wanted to trade Cutler. This was sensationalized by the media, and despite McD having said that at the opening of the FA period, there was no plans for such a trade the media never dwell on that story because that was going to kill their good ride they've got with the "big" story. Teams contacted him showing interest in Cutler. The whole thing got blown out of proportion
                    McD was not talking to the media, and has not talked much to the media, that gave the perception he has something to hide
                    He told Cutler and the rest of the eorld that Cutler was our QB. Cutler was still butt-hurt by all of this, and demanded to be traded, and he got traded...
                    Last edited by dragster69; 04-02-2009, 08:22 PM.
                    sigpic
                    I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

• Originally posted by bonobo View Post
                      I think some of you are missing King's point. Regardless of whose fault all this is, Cutler in Chicago is not goign to have the same success as he did in Denver. Denver has a fine O-line and some good receivers. Chicago? Who do they have? And are they going to open it up like the Denver O?

I never thought that Cutler was as good as the hype. Now, we will see. I will go on record now to say that Cutler's numbers in Chicago will not match his 2008 numbers. And that, I think, is King's main point. Jay Cutler wil not be as successful in Chicago as he would have been in Denver.
                      I think Chicago has more talent defensively than Denver has on the entire team.

And I also think that the Bears will build their offense around Cutler, whereas in Denver Cutler would have been forced to fit McDaniels' system.

On top of that, Cutler loves the Bears and wanted to play there coming out of college.

King's point again was to toot McDaniels horn and to make Jay seem like he was the only one to blame in this whole fiasco.

King is an epic failure.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                        King is an epic failure.
                        Really? Because going by his career, it appears he's anything but.

Comment

• Originally posted by AtwaterHITS27 View Post
                          I've never been this disappointed and unexcited about an upcoming season. I try to be optimistic and hope that the Broncos trade their 12th or 18th up to get to Sanchez...Oh wait, that would be logical given our situation
                          Sanches isnt even that good, but he's controllable and if thats what McD wants is the control over the team in every aspect (offensively) then this team will lose all its star players because its not worth it to keep Marshall, Stokley, Royal. when you can just throw scrubs on the field at the WR position because dink and dunking passes isnt Football its boredomball.
                          McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

• Final Straw

This is no longer the team I knew. It is now the Denver Patriots. New coaches, new defense, new offense, specifically new QB. The only hold-overs of any note are DJ Williams, Champ, Marshall, Royal, and Scheffler. Five people. I loved Hillis, but McDonald's doesn't care about the running back very much. Rotating backfield with no one showing specialness.

It's been fun.

Bye.
                            The clever man delivers reasonable, rational, and sometimes irrefutable arguments. The wise man understands the futility of reasonable, rational, and irrefutable arguments. I'm neither wise, nor, I suspect, very clever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                              Good read. But to think McD didnt do anything wrong from the beginning is farfetched. If he would have been a little more open at the beginning Cutler wouldnt have been as pissed. But saying he never wanted a trade while he refused to contact the team shows Cutler is still immature and needs to grow up. Good Luck in a far less talented offense in Chicago Jay, thats all i have to say.
                              is a bussiness and every player could be gone...that system works, QB or not.

for example...bledsoe had one of his best years there, he got hurt and brady jump in...he got hurt and matt cassell jumped in.

the system is so good that you can do it with Orton.

do u really think that NE, got lucky three times...

with the exception of Brady, who got the most talent. in the last 7 or so years, that style of sytem is perfect for QB's.
                              :nono: :devil:

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
                                Sanches isnt even that good, but he's controllable and if thats what McD wants is the control over the team in every aspect (offensively) then this team will lose all its star players because its not worth it to keep Marshall, Stokley, Royal. when you can just throw scrubs on the field at the WR position because dink and dunking passes isnt Football its boredomball.
                                I guess what I'm trying to say is that if I ever see Kyle Orton running out onto the field as our starter, I might just throw up a little bit in my mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X