McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AmericanBronc View Post
    I hope you did break your head coming up with that witticism.
    That's a very stupid sounding sentence. I think "I hope you broke your head coming up with that witticism" sounds better.

Comment

• Is the Chicago D really that good these days? To me they look slightly below average.

Comment

• Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
        Nobody has been able to confirm/prove that McD wanted to trade Cutler. This was sensationalized by the media, and despite McD having said that at the opening of the FA period, there was no plans for such a trade the media never dwell on that story because that was going to kill their good ride they've got with the "big" story. Teams contacted him showing interest in Cutler. The whole thing got blown out of proportion
        McD was not talking to the media, and has not talked much to the media, that gave the perception he has something to hide
        He told Cutler and the rest of the eorld that Cutler was our QB. Cutler was still butt-hurt by all of this, and demanded to be traded, and he got traded...

The truth is that Cutler was just looking for any excuse to throw a fit and demand a trade ever since Shanahan got fired. I don't even think this was about getting a new contract; if it was then he would have answered the phone calls of the owner and front office, since you can't negotiate a new contract if you don't pick up the phone. Clearly, his stance from the beginning was one of a player who wanted to be traded.

Comment

This is no longer the team I knew. It is now the Denver Patriots. New coaches, new defense, new offense, specifically new QB. The only hold-overs of any note are DJ Williams, Champ, Marshall, Royal, and Scheffler. Five people. I loved Hillis, but McDonald's doesn't care about the running back very much. Rotating backfield with no one showing specialness.

It's been fun.

Bye.
          Ummmm it is what you said.
          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by sendacash View Post
            Is the Chicago D really that good these days? To me they look slightly below average.
            They are, actually.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/chi/2008.htm

Also, note that the Bears scored more points than the Broncos last year.
            Last edited by Ch1ggs; 04-02-2009, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ch1ggs View Post
              That's a very stupid sounding sentence. I think "I hope you broke your head coming up with that witticism" sounds better.
              You're right. Your version is both more efficient and more elegant. I was trying to place the emphasis on his "didn't" vs. my "did".
              The clever man delivers reasonable, rational, and sometimes irrefutable arguments. The wise man understands the futility of reasonable, rational, and irrefutable arguments. I'm neither wise, nor, I suspect, very clever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                Ummmm it is what you said.
                It's only *Part* of what I said, dingbat.
                The clever man delivers reasonable, rational, and sometimes irrefutable arguments. The wise man understands the futility of reasonable, rational, and irrefutable arguments. I'm neither wise, nor, I suspect, very clever.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazycombo View Post
                  they have no good picks in the next two year to get anything around him.

we do. besides...i think a lot of players may want to come to denver, because the style of play they are going to.
                  They have 6 picks in 7 rounds.

No, they don't have a first rounder. But Cutler is talented enough to make the other receivers and offensive players that much better.

And I seriously doubt players are excited about coming to Denver with Orton and Simms helming the ship. I can bet you that Brian Dawkins is at the very least having 2nd thoughts about signing here.
                  sigpic

Comment

I hope you did break your head coming up with that witticism. I've been a Denver fan for about 16 years. Thanks and come again.
                    I have been a bronco fan for 31 years does that make better then you,no?
                    but I'm not jumping ship.
                    if you want to leave this team cause of this then those 16 years you're claiming were a waste.

Bye AmericanBronc. just remembering names as they jump off.
                    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

• Originally posted by tat2matt
                      We true fans are very saddened to lose such a devoted and clear-thinking fan such as yourself. Please accept our wishes for the best of luck in rooting for whatever team you now choose to support.

Sincerely,
                      A bunch of guys who don't really give a f--- that you're gone.
                      LOL... I figured as much. I was just curious to see the responses before I left. You know... one of those things. You don't want to leave something you've loved for so long without some sort of "farewell". Maybe I should just go have a few beers.

Comment

• Originally posted by sendacash View Post
                        Is the Chicago D really that good these days? To me they look slightly below average.
                        If you call 21st overall, 5th against the run, 30th against the pass and 16th in scoring good. They are an average D with no WR, a medicore OL and a decent running game. Cutler is in for a big shock with no Royal, Marshall, Stokley and Shef to throw to
                        Last edited by Charger619; 04-02-2009, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Looks good to me..
                          GO BEARS!!!!!!

Comment

You're right. Your version is both more efficient and more elegant. I was trying to place the emphasis on his "didn't" vs. my "did".

Dude, I really hope you don't break your ankle...and I hope you don't abandon the team.

Just take a deep breath. I know you're upset. But hope springs eternal.

Comment

I hope you did break your head coming up with that witticism. I've been a Denver fan for about 16 years. Thanks and come again.

Going on 34 years here so take your witticism elsewhere.
                              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Too bad McDaniels would think twice before actually agreeing with this. He had someone else in mind, in case you didn't know, King.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X