Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mediocre OL is debatable as well. Borderline poor OL

Comment

• Yes, because being anything like NE would be terrible...

Comment

• Originally posted by bklynbronco View Post
        I have been a bronco fan for 31 years does that make better then you,no?
        but I'm not jumping ship.
        if you want to leave this team cause of this then those 16 years your claiming were a waste.

Bye AmericanBronc. just remembering names as they jump off.
        That's your choice. But let me ask you: what are you rooting for? What is this team? Is it the uniform? Is it the name?

See, to me, the team is everything from the Front Office to the name to the uniform to the players to the coaches.

The FO has sold us out to Patriot philosophy (remember, we used to hate this team?).
        The coaches have been replaced.
        The players have been replaced.
        Only the name and uniform remains.

Where's the continuity?
        Last edited by AmericanBronc; 04-02-2009, 08:40 PM.
        The clever man delivers reasonable, rational, and sometimes irrefutable arguments. The wise man understands the futility of reasonable, rational, and irrefutable arguments. I'm neither wise, nor, I suspect, very clever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger619 View Post
          If you call 21st overall, 5th against the run, 30th against the pass and 16th in scoring good. They are an average D with no WR, a medicore OL and a decent running game. Cutler is in for a big shock with no Roayl, Marshall, Stokley and Shef to throw to
          Marshall was a 4th round pick. Royal was a 2nd round pick. Scheffler was a 2nd round pick. Stokley was a 4th round pick and a stop-gap free agent pick-up.

Point is, Denver was able to find these players in the depths of the draft and free agency, and I'm sure Chicago is capable of doing the same.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
            Yes, because being anything like NE would be terrible...
            you gotta see where he's comin from at least- if i wanna watch a pats game, ill watch them. i want us to create an identity for ourselves for a change...

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
              Marshall was a 4th round pick. Royal was a 2nd round pick. Scheffler was a 2nd round pick. Stokley was a 4th round pick and a stop-gap free agent pick-up.

Point is, Denver was able to find these players in the depths of the draft and free agency, and I'm sure Chicago is capable of doing the same.
              Chicago hasn't had a good draft in years. It takes people in upper management picking the right pieces to fit the puzzle. They struck gold in Forte but you know how the old saying goes....even the sun shines.....

How many freaking years can one franchise go with a horrible QB and no WR to speak of. I know defense wins championships but come on. They have the label of "the place where QBs go to die" for a reason

Comment

• Originally posted by cawbird101 View Post
                you gotta see where he's comin from at least- if i wanna watch a pats game, ill watch them. i want us to create an identity for ourselves for a change...
                You mean like the identity that Shanahan created by bringing everything he knew, including several players, from the 49ers?

Comment

• Originally posted by AmericanBronc View Post
                  That's your choice. But let me ask you: what are you rooting for? What is this team? Is it the uniform? Is it the name?

See, to me, the team is everything from the Front Office to the name to the uniform to the players to the coaches.

The FO has sold us out to Patriot philosophy (remember, we used to hate this team?).
                  The coaches have been replaced.
                  The players have been replaced.
                  Only the name and uniform remains.
                  Speak for yourself, I don't hate the Pats.

What is wrong with it. It has made them a dynasty, and has given them three Super Bowl Championships.

To your second point, about the coaches, and players being replaced. That is how it is in sports today. It has been that way for years across the Nation, we just have not had it in Denver all that much. It is nothing new. Since 1999 The "Broncos Way" has not worked. We had to do something new.
                  Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger619 View Post
                    Chicago hasn't had a good draft in years. It takes people in upper management picking the right pieces to fit the puzzle. They struck gold in Forte but you know how the old saying goes....even the sun shines.....

How many freaking years can one franchise go with a horrible QB and no WR to speak of. I know defense wins championships but come on. They have the label of "the place where QBs go to die" for a reason
                    With all due respect, they haven't even come close to having a quarterback with Cutler's talents in decades.

I'm not going to get into an analysis debate over Chicago's draft picks over the years. My point simply was that Chicago can easily find players to build around Cutler, now that they have a franchise quarterback, like Denver (who had a plathora of bad drafts prior to 2006) did with Cutler.

It makes drafting and picking up talent SO much easier.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                      Speak for yourself, I don't hate the Pats.

What is wrong with it. It has made them a dynasty, and has given them three Super Bowl Championships.

To your second point, about the coaches, and players being replaced. That is how it is in sports today. It has been that way for years across the Nation, we just have not had it in Denver all that much. It is nothing new. Since 1999 The "Broncos Way" has not worked. We had to do something new.
                      Understood... I just don't like it very much. I don't understand what I'm rooting for, now.
                      The clever man delivers reasonable, rational, and sometimes irrefutable arguments. The wise man understands the futility of reasonable, rational, and irrefutable arguments. I'm neither wise, nor, I suspect, very clever.

Comment

• I don't think he will regret it immediately. But, assuming Lovie Smith stays, I don't see him liking playing for a defensive minded coach and an owner who is known to keep a tight reign on the purse strings. And if they do spend it is for defensive purposes. Defense is the philosophy there, always has been. So I could see a scenario where he grows internally frustrated there.

Comment

• Originally posted by AmericanBronc View Post
                          Understood... I just don't like it very much. I don't understand what I'm rooting for, now.
                          Dude, just freaking leave already. No one cares if you give up being a fan. Don't come here and give your farewell speech and then try to argue with people.

Comment

• [QUOTE=mojo0730;2685541]I think Chicago has more talent defensively than Denver has on the entire team.QUOTE]

You are apparently thinking about the Bears defensive of several years ago when they made a Super Bowl appearance. FYI, comparing last year's pitiful Denver defense to Chicago's: only sacked 2 fewer, one more forced fumble (Bears worst in the league at 7), allowed just 6 points and 40 yards more per game, and actually allowed fewer passing yards per game.

Granted, Chicago was good against the run, pass deflections, and interceptions. But they are definitely not the talented team you are thinking of.

With Dawkins, Hill, & Champ, don't sleep on Denver's secondary next year!

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                              But they commit to the run, and if they find a running back in the draft to take pressure off Cutler, he'll be living it up in Chicago.
                              Eh, Cutler might have a harder time in Chi than you think. I live in Iowa, and my whole family are bears fans, so I get to see a lot of bears games, and believe me, the receivers there are DREADFUL. Seriously, with Cutler being used to the great WR play we have, its going to be tough to get used to. This is one reason why I'm kind of excited to see how Orton does with us, because he put up decent numbers in Chi and the WRs were pathetic. When I say pathetic i'm talking about the whole package...slow, dropped balls, don't commit to balls over the middle, poor route running, you name it. Now the bears defense will probably make up for that, but who's to say our defense wont improve under McD and Nolan. Plus I don't think Chi's defense has been anything special since Ron Rivera left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                                I don't think he will regret it immediately. But, assuming Lovie Smith stays, I don't see him liking playing for a defensive minded coach and an owner who is known to keep a tight reign on the purse strings. And if they do spend it is for defensive purposes. Defense is the philosophy there, always has been. So I could see a scenario where he grows internally frustrated there.
                                They'll make Cutler happy.

They'll give him a top coordinator, if not now then soon, and he'll be the center of the offense.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X